Moderator: Moderators

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

What is the 1000 Years Millennium?

Post #1

Post by Pipiripi »

The Thousand Years Millennium

The word 'Millennium' doesn't appear in the Bible, although it is used throughout the world to describe the 1000 year millennial reign after the SECOND coming of Christ which we find in Revelation 20:2-7.
( Read it)
So there is no mistaking that this time period is going to be a 1000 years. But when does it start? The popular mainstream teaching is after the church is "rapture," the saints spent 7 years in heaven with Jesus while the great tribulation happens on earth. Then after the 7 years, they believe the church comes back to earth with Jesus where He will reign from Israel for a 1000 years. The rapture teaching is false. The seven years tribulation teaching is false and of course, this teaching of Jesus reigning on earth for 1000 years while the wicked continue to live is also false. So what is the truth? Let's find out.

STARTING POINT FOR THE 1000 YEAR MILLENNIUM.
From here the friendly debate begin.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #31

Post by Checkpoint »

brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 28 by Checkpoint]

An aside, but, wasn't Peter given this authority too?
Yes.

And not only to Peter.

Jesus passed on what he had been given by God.

Isaiah 22:22

Then I will set the key of the house of David on his shoulder.
When he opens no one will shut, when he shuts no one will open.

Matthew 16:19

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18

Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Re: What is the 1000 Years Millennium?

Post #32

Post by Pipiripi »

Checkpoint wrote: [Replying to post 5 by Pipiripi]
Try to follow only your Bible, not your teaching.
Good advice, easy to say, often very hard to do.

Have you ever changed a major belief as a result?

I have!

Yes i have, every time when I see things in the Bible, and were I ask questions and if they cannot prove from the Bible I leave that denomination. So I was in many before, that's why I know how many different religion or cult worship. I think that you really are spiritual, for so far you are the only person who is things, spiritually and Biblical yet. Hope to talk with more person like you. Sorry for my English, I just defent myself. ☺

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by Pipiripi »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Pipiripi wrote: I can speak 4 language, I can defend myself with three. Try if you can understand my language: " Mi ta un jui di Korsow, anto mi idioma ta papiamentu. Yo soy un Curasoleño y mi idioma es papiamentu. Ik ben van Curaçao en mijn moeder taal is papiaments. Go search and tell me what I have say there. God bless.
Well you speak Papiamentu, you're from Curaçao (beautiful part of the world) so you probably also speak Dutch and Spanish. Jehovah's Witnesses have a long history over there in the ABC Islands
  • Testigunan di Yehova ta tene reunionnan di adorashon dos bes pa siman. (Hebreonan 10:24, 25) Na e reunionnan ei, ku ta habrí pa públiko, nos ta analisá loke Beibel ta bisa i kon nos por apliká su siñansanan den nos bida.
    https://www.jw.org/pap/testigunan-di-yehova/reunion/
Pregunta Ku Beibel Ta Kontestá
Kiko Beibel ta siña realmente? Skohe un pregunta aki bou ku ta interesá bo.
https://www.jw.org/pap/si%C3%B1ansa-di-beibel/pregunta/

History of Jehovah's Witnesses in ABC Islands
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/302002011

FURTHER READING
https://www.jw.org/pap/

Buska e Lugá Mas Serka di Bo
https://apps.jw.org/ui/PA/meeting-searc ... -68.99002/
Yes my friend you are good update. Sorry for my English, as long you can understand what I mean. 😊 sometimes the words look like no manner, forgive me for that to.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by Pipiripi »

Checkpoint wrote:
Checkpoint wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Pipiripi]
Starting Point for the 1000 years Millennium

Revelation 20:6 (read it)

So first of all, we need to find the starting point of the thousand year millennium. Can we get a starting from the above verses? Yes! We can see from this verse that the FIRST RESURRECTION START THE THOUSAND YEAR MILLENNIUM.
Wh respect, verse 5 is not the starting point, verse 1 is.

The first resurrection is not the starting point, the binding of Satan is.

So the question to begin with is, just what is the binding of Satan?
Briefly, this is how I see it; scriptures will follow today or tomorrow.

The binding of Satan is the taking away of his hitherto success in deceiving the world.

It is already a spiritual reality, having been brought about by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The devil is now on a chain, and Jesus holds the keys, and the authority to open and to shut, to bind and to loose.
Yes, I have to go step by step so that we can think, and search in the Bible individuals to debate about this. This topic is very important for our time.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by Pipiripi »

WHERE WILL SATAN BE DURING THE 1000 YEAR MILLENNIUM?

Although it says in Revelation 20 that Satan is bound and cast into the bottomless pit, it isnt going to be a literal pit wrapped in chains were he can't move. There are many prophetic symbols in end time Bible prophecy, and the bottomless pit and being bound are also symbolic. Let's take a look at the bottomless pit.
Rev. 11:7 (read)

A beast in prophecy is a symbol of nation/kingdom of this world, which we know from the prophecy of Daniel. So if this beast is a nation, from where does a nation rise up out of? THE EARTH! So the bottomless pit is a prophetic symbol of the earth. So when it says that Satan is 'cast into the bottomless pit' and 'boun in a pit', it basically means he is bound to the earth with no one to tempt or deceive, because the saints have been taken to heaven during the second coming and the wicked have been destroyed.

So Satan is bound by SIRCUMSTANCES. And the sircumstance is the fact that he is already bound to this earth, ie. he cannot get into heaven. The saved has gone to heaven because they met Jesus 'in the air' and then ascended up into heaven with Him for the 1000 years, and the lost are dead. Therefore, Satan is left roaming the earth for one thousand years for no one to tempt. This is how Satan is bound, until the thousand years have expired and the lost are resurrected and then he can go deceive them. Which is the meaning that Satan being 'loose out of his prison'
4) I hope this part makes it much clearer for the TRUTH BIBLICAL events

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #36

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 35 by Pipiripi]

Please read post What will happen to SATAN during the 1000 year rule of Christ?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 325#905325
Pipiripi wrote:the bottomless pit is a prophetic symbol of the earth. So when it says that Satan is 'cast into the bottomless pit' and 'boun in a pit', it basically means he is bound to the earth
QUESTION: Is it reasonable to conclude that they "bottomless pit" is symbolic of planet earth?

No, as has been explained, Rev 20:1-3 strongly conveys the idea, not just of restriction but of no long being able to even attempt to "mislead the nations" (For a detailed analysis of the language of Rev 20:1-3 please see post # 43 linked above). Where do the nations live? On the earth! So whatever that pit symbolizes it cannot simply be symbolic of being restricted to the earth. While being resticted to the vicinity of the earth would mean he could no longer directly harm the "holy ones" resurrected to their heavenly lives or cause pain or anxiety to God's loyal angels in heaven, he would still if he were simply restricted to the planet earth, be able to "mislead the nations" and war against any God fearing believers alive on the planet earth.

SATAN IS THE GOD OF THIS WORLD
  • Satan is presently the God of this world system of thing, the whole world is lying in his power and he ultimately controls the governements, commercial system and the religions that make up a part of the global system of things. When Jesus comes he will destroy the nations, the governements and take control of the planet earth. The only inhabitants thereafter will be "the meek that will inherit the earth". Will Satan be free to try and tempt and decieve the meek after Harmageddon?
Pipiripi wrote:When it says that Satan is 'cast into the bottomless pit' and 'boun in a pit', it basically means he is bound to the earth with no one to tempt or deceive
DURING WHAT PERIOD WILL THERE BE NO ONE FOR THE DEVIL TO TEMPT OR DECEIVE?
  • As long as there are humans on earth there will be individuals Satan can try and tempt and deceive. The earth will always have humans living on it and as long as Satan has freedom to have contact them, true to his base character he WILL try to tempt them. We see this from the case of the perfect man Jesus. Jesus was every loyal to his Father yet Satan still tried do tempt and deceive him.
CONCLUSION As long as Satan is free to have contact with humans, even if they are perfect, he will harass them and try to tempt and deceive them, therefore the Pit of Revelation 20 must mean Satan is removed from having any contact with humans and since the earth will be inhabited by the meek (righteous humans that will live under Christs 1000 year rule) the Pit cannot mean Satan is left free to roam the earth.

Ki dia e Reino lo kumpli ku Dios su boluntat riba tera?
https://www.jw.org/pap/publikashon/buki ... i-dios-ta/
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #37

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Pipiripi wrote:The saved has gone to heaven because they met Jesus 'in the air' and then ascended up into heaven with Him for the 1000 years, and the lost are dead. Therefore, Satan is left roaming the earth for one thousand years for no one to tempt.
WILL THE PLANET EARTH EVER BE EMPTY OF HUMAN LIFE?

"The saints have been taken to heaven [...] the wicked have been destroyed" , so WHO IS LIVING ON THE EARTH?
PROVERBS 2:21 - Young's Literal Translation
For the upright do inhabit the earth, And the perfect are left in it
New World Translation
For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, and the treacherous will be torn away from it.
Jesus said the "meek shall inherit the earth". When Jesus comes to destroy the wicked, he will not kill off the "meek" they shall survive, they will be left, they will "remain" and continue their lives on earth.

ALL GOOD PEOPLE DO NOT GO TO HEAVEN
  • Jesus promised a select (elect) few the privilege of ruling with him in heaven. The vast majority of people who prove obedient to God will live forever in paradise right here on this our planet earth. When Jesus comes to destroy the wicked he will take the last of his co-rulers (there will be a total of 144,000 - see Rev 14:1) with him to rule in heaven. He will kill off the wicked. He will leave the meek that love him on earth, these are the "meek" Jesus promised would inherit the earth. Eventually many more milions will be resurrected to life on earth to join them living under Jesus' rule. They will be very happy.
SATAN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO HARASS THE MEEK THAT INHERIT THE EARTH
  • Leaving Satan with the meek would be like leaving a pedophile in a house with little children! What would you say to a judge that judged a dangerious pedophile and sentenced him to go to jail but that the "jail" would be YOUR HOUSE living with your children?! No, Satan must be removed far away from the "meek that will inherit the earth" so they can be free from any chance of harrasement and threat.

CONCLUSION To remove Satan's influence so there is no one to "tempt and deceive" he has to be placed in a situation where he is completely removed from all contact with humans and restricted from carrying on his usual activities. Since the earth will never be empty, the bible symbolically places Satan in a deep pit, symbolic of his being removed from any contact with humans and unable to "tempt or deceive" them with restricted movements (symbolized by great chains).

RELATED POSTS

Was God's original purpose that humans live forever on earth?
viewtopic.php?p=1062683#p1062683

Does not 2 Peter 3:7 say the planet earth with be burned up?
viewtopic.php?p=927158#p927158

Why is it both unscriptural and god-dishonouring to teach God will destroy his own planet earth? [
viewtopic.php?p=988356#p988356

Will God burn up this our planet earth?
viewtopic.php?p=853097#p853097

Will our planet earth ever be empty of human life?
viewtopic.php?p=909495#p909495
To learn more please go to other posts related to

THE PLANET EARTH, .GOD'S KINGDOM and ... EVERLASTING LIFE
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #38

Post by Checkpoint »

Pipiripi wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

So first of all, we need to find the starting point of the thousand year millennium. Can we get a starting from the above verses? Yes! We can see from this verse that the FIRST RESURRECTION START THE THOUSAND YEAR MILLENNIUM.

The binding of Satan is the taking away of his hitherto success in deceiving the world.

It is already a spiritual reality, having been brought about by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The devil is now on a chain, and Jesus holds the keys, and the authority to open and to shut, to bind and to loose.
Yes, I have to go step by step so that we can think, and search in the Bible individuals to debate about this. This topic is very important for our time.
My first step is to make an observation that may surprise you.

The 1000 years does not necessarily follow chronologically the events of the last few previous chapters.

There is precedent for that.

Look at chapters 11 and 12.

Revelation 11 ends with the sounding of the seventh trumpet heralding the end of this world and its rulers, the final judgment, and the beginning of the kingdom in full power for eternity.

All things that, 2000 years later, have yet to happen.

Revelation 12 begins with the birth of Jesus Christ and his ascension, things that had already happened before Revelation was written.

Precedent is not proof, of course.

But can a good case be made for something similar with the thousand years chapter?

I think so!

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by Pipiripi »

Checkpoint wrote:

The devil is not yet in chain my friend.

Pipiripi
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by Pipiripi »

Checkpoint wrote:
Pipiripi wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:

My first step is to make an observation that may surprise you.

The 1000 years does not necessarily follow chronologically the events of the last few previous chapters.

There is precedent for that.

Look at chapters 11 and 12.

Revelation 11 ends with the sounding of the seventh trumpet heralding the end of this world and its rulers, the final judgment, and the beginning of the kingdom in full power for eternity.

All things that, 2000 years later, have yet to happen.

Revelation 12 begins with the birth of Jesus Christ and his ascension, things that had already happened before Revelation was written.

Precedent is not proof, of course.

But can a good case be made for something similar with the thousand years chapter?

I think so!
Read this part now.