Basis of Debate

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

perspective
Apprentice

Basis of Debate

Post #1

Post by perspective »

How do we debate Christianity if we don't believe that the bible came from some supernatural being?

otseng
Savant

Re: Basis of Debate

Post #2

Post by otseng »

atheist wrote:How do we debate Christianity if we don't believe that the bible came from some supernatural being?
Yes, the Bible is one presupposition of debating Christianity. Along with the belief in the existence of God/Jesus. But, that's what this forum is about - debating about the validity of the Bible, existence of God, etc.

As for the validity of the Bible, a related discussion is currently going on.
Last edited by otseng on Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izumi Koushirou
Student

Post #3

Post by Izumi Koushirou »

As an atheist that has seen more than his fair share of these kinds of arguments, you have to use their own fiction against them. You have to know their literature better than they know it. It's not whether you believe in it or not, but the Bible is the playbook of Christians.

Know it, and you will certainly know what to expect in a debate.
I know you�re afraid of us, afraid of change. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell how it's going to begin. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world where anything is possible.

juber3
Student

Post #4

Post by juber3 »

For once i partially agree with Izum :blink: you have to know what the bible says so you can counter us.
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he
hath chosen for his own inheritance." PSALM 33-12

"To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The
fool hath said in his heart, There is no
God..... PSALM 13-1"

perspective
Apprentice

educated debaters

Post #5

Post by perspective »

juber3 wrote:For once i partially agree with Izum :blink: you have to know what the bible says so you can counter us.
Neither one of us can prove our theory of the bible's origins. Personally, I'm not inclined to point out all the fallacy in the text, because even pointing out all it's errors doesn't prove anything. Just like you pointing out all it's "revelations" doesn't prove anything. For those of us who agree to disagree on the origins of the writing, debating those who quote scripture is pointless.