A government that will solve our problems

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

A government that will solve our problems

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Jehovah's Witnesses do not vote because we are already committed to God's government.

My question is, do you really believe that a human government will one day solve the major problems facing mankind?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #31

Elijah John wrote: [Replying to post 28 by JehovahsWitness]

If those reports were accurate, then that is wrong and I too condemn imprisonment of concienteous objectors.

I don't think that happens anymore in the USA.

Thanks for the info.
No, thank goodness; America has honoured its consitution and has since proven to be a country that does indeed protect people's God given rights. It would be good to see other countries such as Russia (where there have been an increasing number of human rights violations committed against Jehovah's Witnesses), Erethrea, South Korea etc. do the same.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

onewithhim
Savant

Re: A government that will solve our problems

Post #32

Post by onewithhim »

dio9 wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
dio9 wrote: [Replying to post 1 by JehovahsWitness]

Yes I believe the human race will evolve intellectually and emotionally into a civilization where swords are bent into plows and spears to pruning forks.

Interesting. Do you feel government will play a role in this? I ask because I recently had a conversation with someone who expressed their hope in the new American President and I wondered is there were still people that believe that governments can solve the problems humanity faces.
Government is only as good as the people . The people will solve the problems.
But, dio, how can you say this if you believe that the Bible is reliable and relevant? Do you believe that the Bible is relevant?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #33

Post by onewithhim »

Elijah John wrote: Let me ask JW's this. Do you oppose abortion?

If yes, then shouldn't you do what you can to end abortions?

If yes, then shouldn't you vote for pro-life candidates?

And by not voting for pro-life candidates, (because you don't want to participate in governement) aren't you abdicating your reponsibility to do what you can to end abortions?

Remember, Paul said if someone knows what is right but fails to do it, for that person it is sin.
Yes, we oppose abortion. It is murder. We realize that it is banging heads against walls to rise up and fight other people who want to murder babies. It is Satan's world and he is running things. (IJohn 5:19) He will see to it that babies go on being murdered, until Armageddon. That being said, JWs are working hard to stem the tide where it has begun---in human hearts. We call on people to educate them as to what God accepts, and what He requires from us. We hope to help people to take this spiritual information into their hearts and form actions from what they have learned, ergo, not seek abortions.

We know what is right, and we believe that Jesus has known what is right, from the beginning of the Christian organization. He told us that the most important thing for us to do is to "go and make disciples." (Matt.28:19) If we do this, we will be combating the avalanche of abortions.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #34

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Elijah John wrote: You JWs may have paid a high price in Nazi Germany, but not in the USA.

Jehovah's Witnesses have for your information been submitted to some terrible treatment in the United States, thankfully such things have ceased there but I think it fair to say there is hardly a country where JWs have not been subject to imprisonment and ill treatment at one time or another and the US is no exception.
True. I cringe each time I think of the brothers being tarred and feathered in times past, right here in the U.S. of A.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #35

Post by onewithhim »

Elijah John wrote: [Replying to post 28 by JehovahsWitness]

If those reports were accurate, then that is wrong and I too condemn imprisonment of concienteous objectors.

I don't think that happens anymore in the USA.

Thanks for the info.
If the draft were reinstated, there would be more imprisonments, for sure.

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #36

Post by Kenisaw »

onewithhim wrote:

And by not voting for pro-life candidates, (because you don't want to participate in governement) aren't you abdicating your reponsibility to do what you can to end abortions?

Remember, Paul said if someone knows what is right but fails to do it, for that person it is sin.
Yes, we oppose abortion. It is murder. We realize that it is banging heads against walls to rise up and fight other people who want to murder babies. It is Satan's world and he is running things. (IJohn 5:19) He will see to it that babies go on being murdered, until Armageddon. That being said, JWs are working hard to stem the tide where it has begun---in human hearts. We call on people to educate them as to what God accepts, and what He requires from us. We hope to help people to take this spiritual information into their hearts and form actions from what they have learned, ergo, not seek abortions.

We know what is right, and we believe that Jesus has known what is right, from the beginning of the Christian organization. He told us that the most important thing for us to do is to "go and make disciples." (Matt.28:19) If we do this, we will be combating the avalanche of abortions.

What we need is free access to birth control to help prevent unwanted pregnancies. We also need to argue against abortion on scientific, not religious, reasons. If religious arguments worked, abortion wouldn't exist anymore...

onewithhim
Savant

Post #37

Post by onewithhim »

Kenisaw wrote:
onewithhim wrote:

What we need is free access to birth control to help prevent unwanted pregnancies. We also need to argue against abortion on scientific, not religious, reasons. If religious arguments worked, abortion wouldn't exist anymore...
What we need is people taking responsibilities for what they do. To use abortion as a method of birth control is exceedingly barbaric. If babies are not wanted, then it is our responsibility to use a humane kind of birth control. Or not have sex. Are we animals, that we can't control ourselves? If we don't want to have PROTECTED sex, then we should not have sex.

Religious arguments are sound. The problem there is that people choose to act like out-of-control beasts.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #38

[Replying to post 37 by onewithhim]

Yes, this is why people must change their heart conditions.

I believe only God's government can bring about the changes that are necessary.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #39

Post by onewithhim »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 37 by onewithhim]

Yes, this is why people must change their heart conditions.

I believe only God's government can bring about the changes that are necessary.
That is a fact. If only men were responsible for bringing about true peace and security, this world would never have it. There would always be some people who were concerned only for their own contentment and advancement and satisfaction. There do exist very rich people who have not one scintilla of care for other people, except maybe those who can give them something. Poor people are not humans to them. It is only God's righteous rule that can bring about real changes.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #40

Kenisaw wrote: What we need is free access to birth control to help prevent unwanted pregnancies. We also need to argue against abortion on scientific, not religious, reasons. If religious arguments worked, abortion wouldn't exist anymore...
Well I for one look forward to the day when there are no more abortions and every pregnancy is desired.

Personally I hate to think of unborn children being "terminated".

JW