Tart
Banned
Banned

The foundations of Truth

Post #1

Post by Tart »

As mentioned here
viewtopic.php?t=33887&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (Logos)

19 We have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place

This is about the foundation of truth and knowledge

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #51

Post by benchwarmer »

Tart wrote: Can you identify which of these i have violated? As specific as you can (Like using my own quotes)
I'll try to help you if I can.

From the link in the preaching guidelines that Otseng posted when this thread was moved, the following applies to your OP:
10. Do not present your views dogmatically. Instead, preface your views with "According to my interpretation" or "I believe that God would" or "In my opinion".
i.e. From your OP, all you did was quote some scripture and then proclaim:
This is about the foundation of truth and knowledge
Perhaps there is a language barrier? I'm not trying to be insulting or offensive, I'm a language learner myself and understand the problems trying to grasp nuances in another language.

Your quote above is not a question. It reads as a statement of fact. Did you perhaps mean:

I believe the above scripture quotes lay the foundation for truth and knowledge. Question for debate, do you agree these scriptures are indeed a foundation for truth and knowledge?

Now, depending what sub forum you use, you're going to get different reactions. In Christianity and Apologetics, the Bible is not considered authoritative so you will just likely be met with a chorus of "No" and the debate is over. You need to support your point properly in the appropriate subforum or you won't gain any traction.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #52

Post by Danmark »

Tart wrote: Well this is the random ramblings section... So... And i can use the Bible... Whats the problem?
Because you didn't post this in RR. You posted in Christianity and Apologetics But because you didn't follow the rules or the guidelines for C & A, you post was sent to Random Ramblings, where "Pointless Posts" are sent. :)