I've decided to write a book about Jesus--need help!

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Jagella
Banned
Banned

I've decided to write a book about Jesus--need help!

Post #1

Post by Jagella »

Hi Friends:

I've had tremendous enjoyment in this forum discussing and debating religious issues. Obviously many people, believers and skeptics alike, feel compelled to talk about Jesus. Considering the sales of books like Misquoting Jesus and The Da Vinci Code, many people like to read about Jesus as well. As a result of all this interest in Jesus and my own compulsion to discuss and debate Christian issues, I've decided to write a book about Jesus.

I'd really appreciate help with this task. The book I'm contemplating writing will discuss Jesus in three parts: as merely a man, as a myth made up by the church, and as the true messiah of Judaism. I plan to call the book, Jesus: Man, Myth, and Messiah. If you have other suggestions for a name, then please let me know.

Although I'm an atheist, I will try to present the reader with the evidence for each of these three views of Jesus as fairly and objectively as I can. I will leave it to the reader to decide if Jesus fits any of these views.

So here's how you can help me: Please provide suggestions for books and other sources of information including websites that you think are helpful in providing information about Jesus. These sources can be the work of Christians, atheists, Jews, or anybody else. I'd like information that is clear, thought provoking, and interesting.

These sources might address any of the following topics:
Jesus' Historicity
Jesus Mythicism
Secular Views of a Historical Jesus
Christian Views of a Historical Jesus
Islamic Views of a Historical Jesus
The Deity of Jesus
Pagan Gods and Religion
Jesus' Sexuality
Views of Jesus Through History
Contemporary Views of Jesus
Evidence for and Against Jesus
Jesus' Teachings and Philosophy
Jesus' Teachings and Science

And anything else you might think is important! You can include any personal experiences that you've had that have impacted your own beliefs about Jesus.

Thanks.

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: I've decided to write a book about Jesus--need help!

Post #11

Post by Divine Insight »

Jagella wrote: [Replying to post 7 by rikuoamero]

I've finished my book. I'm looking for a publisher. I'd like it to be available in both print and kindle.
Can you give us a sneak preview? Like maybe the table of contents, and possibly the prologue or introduction section?

I often find an author's preface or introduction to be a good indication of what to expect from the rest of the book.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]