How To Create a School Shooter

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

myth-one.com
Savant

How To Create a School Shooter

Post #1

Post by myth-one.com »

Today it's reached my immediate neighborhood! Ten dead, ten wounded in the school shooting in Santa Fe -- yet we never edge closer to understanding why.

Let me propose an example of how we create school shooters:

A child is routinely bullied because he is different in some way. But schools have a "zero tolerance" for bullying. So the principal separates the student being bullied from those bullying him.

The effect is to ostracize the student even more as he sits alone at an assigned separate table during lunch -- his few "friends" remaining with the crowd.

He consoles himself during lunch and every other spare second with his only true friend -- as he remains bent over his smart phone playing video games.

His favorites are the combat games, in which the basic goal is to kill the most zombies, ghosts, aliens, or whatever. They are the enemy. He learns to excel at these games.

The more he plays, the more he views himself as a winner.

He has two worlds -- the real world and the video world. In one, he's an ostracized failure. In the other, he's always a winner.

If time moves on without some external change in his real world, there will always remain the possibility that he might switch his real miserable world with his pleasurable fantasy world.

Real guns are readily available, he knows the rules of the game, and the definition of winner and loser are well-defined!

It's simply a matter of execution on his part:

Do I have the "courage?" The entire world would be discussing my body count. I would go viral! I would be famous! I would no longer be ignored!

But one simple act by one individual might prevent one of these tragic events.

When you see someone alone, ask if you can join them. Shake their hand, try to say something complimentary, or even hug them!

And now abideth faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.

Be that external change in someone's life. Love them.

================================================================

Another day, another school shooting.

Guns everywhere, government incompetent to do anything, and education has reached new lows.

I'm just a damn fool, and I had to say something.

We need to discuss this!

Anyone got any new ideas?

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: How To Create a School Shooter

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by myth-one.com]

One solution, I can think of, is the one to improve society by The 4 Factors. Now, USA has these guns "everywhere" and also pepper spray, but what about the other 2: lie detection array (5 methods +) and radio-based scanner portals ("against 500 conditions in human beings").

Clearly, lie detection array can be used by police internal affairs, by FBI, by common police and by the courts.

Radio-based scanner portals can reveal the abuse of science by detecting criminal implants put there by monster-physicians, including the monster-surgeons, etc. They can also make the job much easier for ordinary physicians in detecting a given condition.

So:
We have one shooting. The shooter has a history. Let's say bullying. So who failed this shooter? We use lie detection array to reveal and punish failing school services, failing police services, failing other services which may have received cries for help from the shooter before the person becomes the shooter.

One important point is to feed the aftermath to Media (MainStreamMedia and other) and local society of these steps to reveal these failing services and the punishing of them so that future failures to provide services will be stopped or deeply warned against. In this way, one can start to provide young people and others with ever-increasing quality of services so to prevent (all) abuse of people so that the thoughts of wanting to shoot other people never come to mind.

Are we getting there? Sorry to hear about the shooting in Santa Fe. My sympathies to you!
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #3

Post by myth-one.com »

Aetixintro wrote:Sorry to hear about the shooting in Santa Fe. My sympathies to you!
I just heard that one of the ten murdered was as exchange student from Pakistan.

I cannot begin to imagine the grief they must be experiencing this very minute, and forever.

Nor can I imagine having to make the call to inform her family.

They sent her here to school, and we could not protect her.

Wish I could take their pain away -- but I can't.

We failed them!

We do not deserve their forgiveness.

We can do better.

But we don't!

Life is precious.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #4

Post by Overcomer »

Let me, too, express my sympathy. It's hard enough seeing these things on the news when it happens some place far away. But when it's close to home, it hits much harder, I'm sure.

It's just becoming far too common, isn't it?

It may sound trite, but if these people only knew how much God loves and values them. Jesus is always the answer to everything.

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Overcomer wrote:
It may sound trite, but if these people only knew how much God loves and values them.
It doesn't sound trite, it is trite.

Jesus is always the answer to everything.
Given that 70% of the people in the country that created this latest shooter follow Jesus, it looks like he doesn't solve anything. This isn't surprising given that he has been dead for almost 2,000 years (assuming he ever existed).

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 5 by Tcg]

It is also funny how nobody barely talks about existing torture in society. I bet that, despite this one event where people have gotten death by gun shots, the many unspoken events of torture are prevented everyday by the presence of guns (and pepper spray). However, it's not "popular" to speak of this.

Whatever you do, do not point to "Eden" of Europe because here is not even the character to create World's mightiest army, Facebook, Google, email-services to the World, Netflix, Amazon and the rest (Intel and AMD, etc)...
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #7

Post by AgnosticBoy »

myth-one.com wrote: Another day, another school shooting.

Guns everywhere, government incompetent to do anything, and education has reached new lows.

I'm just a damn fool, and I had to say something.

We need to discuss this!

Anyone got any new ideas?
I think some states have come up with good ideas, but what we're seeing is that no idea will prevent 100% of shootings, even if you banned all guns. In the case of the Sante Fe school shooting, the shooters parent's should be charged for allowing their kids to access weapons. The weapons should've been locked up and/or should've never been in the kid's possession when they are headed to school.

The two best ideas I've read to greatly reduce gun violence while preserving the right to self-defense:
1. Require all civilians to go through the same background checks and even some of the same training that armed cops and military personnel go through. Cops and soldiers go through very extensive background checks/training and they are ROUTINE instead of just one time checks.

This has proven to work given the fact that we don't hear much about mass shootings and gun crime being committed by armed cops and soldiers.

2. Provide better security in schools. We need armed security and limited and restricted access into schools. A lot of schools in the US are so open that anyone can walk on campus. You need a good perimeter barrier, with FEW access points, and a armed guard with metal detection at each access points. And yes, also arm school staff who are able to handle weapons.

Read up on how the country of Israel secures its schools: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/wh ... edirect=on

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #8

Post by AgnosticBoy »

To add to my last post, I would say that a lot of these shootings are copycat attacks. SOme media report that the Sante Fe shooter studied previous school shootings.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breakingn ... PCOMMDHP15
The teenage boy charged with murdering eight students and two teachers during a gun rampage at a Houston-area high school on Friday studied previous mass shootings before carrying out his attack, sources told ABC News.

The accused killer, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, "used aspects of those (attacks) in his own shooting," a source told the broadcaster, without going into further details.

Classmates at the school in Santa Fe, Texas described Pagourtzis as a quiet loner who played on the football team. The attacker wore a black trench coat to school even in the Texas heat on Friday and opened fire with a .38 calibre pistol and Remington shotgun.
So this type of crime seems to be some type of outlet for loners to popularize themselves in their own sick minds.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #9

Post by Bust Nak »

myth-one.com wrote: ...there will always remain the possibility that he might switch his real miserable world with his pleasurable fantasy world.
Wait, did you just blame video games?

Clownboat
Savant

Post #10

Post by Clownboat »

Overcomer wrote: Let me, too, express my sympathy. It's hard enough seeing these things on the news when it happens some place far away. But when it's close to home, it hits much harder, I'm sure.

It's just becoming far too common, isn't it?

It may sound trite, but if these people only knew how much God loves and values them. Jesus is always the answer to everything.
I think you are forgetting that their pain is real.
We are literally dealing with kids that are willing to kill others. Pointing out that you have a belief that there is a god out there that loves them will not help the real pain they are feeling I fear.

Then we have this claim about Jesus being the answer for everything. Try selling that to a successful atheist or anyone that is not a Christian. You may think that there is a Jesus that is the answer to everything, but it seems you are just spouting off your personal beliefs. I don't see how your beliefs will help ease the real suffering that these kids are going through. Your words are trite it seems.

They could in fact be words that could push a kid over the edge. Imagine if one such suffering kid were to approach you for help and all you could come up with was that a god loves them. I could see a kid saying, "OK, thanks for not helping. Now back to plan A, where is my dad's gun"?

I believe that there is a point where humans can be too heavenly to be of any earthly good. Ignoring a real problem and instead pointing to a heaven is one such example IMO.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb