Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

agnosticatheist
Banned
Banned

Blood on our hands

Post #1

Post by agnosticatheist »

Do we Americans have blood on our hands?

Unless you live completely off the grid deep in a state park or national park (which is nearly impossible to do), in some way, you participate in the American system.

You pay taxes, you work a job, you draw social security checks, you buy consumer goods, etc.

There's a lot of really wrong, sick, dirty, unfair, unjust, and ultimately evil things that go on in the world, and the American system is either directly involved in, facilitates, or allows, such stuff.

Stuff like sweatshops, dumping waste in Africa, allowing Afghani allies in Afghanistan to continue raping young boys because the Americans don't want to lose the allies, exploiting and stealing the natural resources of third world countries, unjust wars that benefit the military industrial complex, secret operations ran by the CIA which include destabilizing countries so that the world doesn't look too secure and thus allowing the Department of Defense to keep securing a large defense budget, torturing people, supporting rebellions in order to overthrow unfavorable governments and install dictatorships (which treat people horrifically), and contributing to the drug problem in America, most likely faked 9/11, the Boston bombing, the Orlando shooting, and the Vegas shooting (There's no way that was an AR-15, the first barrage was at least 50 rounds. It had to have been some kind of belt fed weapon), only intervening in countries where it benefits the American system, but leaving places that are worse than the places we intervened in alone, doing little to nothing about organized crime outside of the Sicilian-American Mafia, doing little to nothing about police corruption, Fast and Furious scandal, lying as part of espionage, keeping us on fossil fuels rather than switching us to alternative energy, etc.

If we participate in the system, do we have blood on our hands, especially if we know about this mess? I say yes.

Where does this fit in spiritually? Christians, do you think God is ok with us participating in the American system?
If it turns out there are one or more gods, then so be it.

If it turns out there are no gods, then thank reality that no one is going to suffer forever.

TSGracchus
Scholar

Post #21

Post by TSGracchus »

]b]Do we Americans have blood on our hands? [/b]

Some of us do, and some of us don't. I don't even believe in capital punishment. Were it practical I would care for any child rather than see it aborted. And I haven't seen an American war I thought was justified since Korea. (But I could have been wrong about that.)

:study:

bluethread
Savant

Post #22

Post by bluethread »

TSGracchus wrote: ]b]Do we Americans have blood on our hands? [/b]

Some of us do, and some of us don't. I don't even believe in capital punishment. Were it practical I would care for any child rather than see it aborted. And I haven't seen an American war I thought was justified since Korea. (But I could have been wrong about that.)

Technically, we haven't declared war on anyone since the Korean war, and that isn't even over yet. We have had an armistice since 1953, but no peace treaty has been signed. Maybe Trump can make that happen.

TSGracchus
Scholar

Post #23

Post by TSGracchus »

[Replying to post 22 by bluethread]

Well then, I guess that "technically", all those folks in Viet Nam, Cambodia, Iraq, Serbia, Afghanistan, Syria et alia, aren't dead. And by the way, even Korea was a "police action". Wonderful thing about Newspeak, even "war" is just a euphemism.

bluethread
Savant

Post #24

Post by bluethread »

TSGracchus wrote: [Replying to post 22 by bluethread]

Well then, I guess that "technically", all those folks in Viet Nam, Cambodia, Iraq, Serbia, Afghanistan, Syria et alia, aren't dead. And by the way, even Korea was a "police action". Wonderful thing about Newspeak, even "war" is just a euphemism.

Oh, I guess you are right, we techically have not declared war since 1941. That said, the unwillingness of Congress to do it's duty in either declaring war or stopping military involvement does not mean that those people are not dead. It just means that every conflict that we have been involved in since 1945 has been unconstitutional.

shnarkle
Guru

Re: Blood on our hands

Post #25

Post by shnarkle »

agnosticatheist wrote: Do we Americans have blood on our hands?

Unless you live completely off the grid deep in a state park or national park (which is nearly impossible to do), in some way, you participate in the American system.

You pay taxes, you work a job, you draw social security checks, you buy consumer goods, etc.

There's a lot of really wrong, sick, dirty, unfair, unjust, and ultimately evil things that go on in the world, and the American system is either directly involved in, facilitates, or allows, such stuff.

Stuff like sweatshops, dumping waste in Africa, allowing Afghani allies in Afghanistan to continue raping young boys because the Americans don't want to lose the allies, exploiting and stealing the natural resources of third world countries, unjust wars that benefit the military industrial complex, secret operations ran by the CIA which include destabilizing countries so that the world doesn't look too secure and thus allowing the Department of Defense to keep securing a large defense budget, torturing people, supporting rebellions in order to overthrow unfavorable governments and install dictatorships (which treat people horrifically), and contributing to the drug problem in America, most likely faked 9/11, the Boston bombing, the Orlando shooting, and the Vegas shooting (There's no way that was an AR-15, the first barrage was at least 50 rounds. It had to have been some kind of belt fed weapon), only intervening in countries where it benefits the American system, but leaving places that are worse than the places we intervened in alone, doing little to nothing about organized crime outside of the Sicilian-American Mafia, doing little to nothing about police corruption, Fast and Furious scandal, lying as part of espionage, keeping us on fossil fuels rather than switching us to alternative energy, etc.

If we participate in the system, do we have blood on our hands, especially if we know about this mess? I say yes.

Where does this fit in spiritually? Christians, do you think God is ok with us participating in the American system?
I don't pay property taxes, or any income tax. I don't work a job, or draw social security. I don't buy much of anything over the counter, nor the usual consumer goods. Most of my assests, investments, interests, etc. are making their way offshore. This isn't to say that my exposure to government liability is zero, but it's getting closer and closer to it everyday.

What little I have left in the US is free. I grow almost all of my own food, and began living off grid when I was in my mid 20's. I've spent over a decade living on the water with free internet, television and phone.

Regardless, of all that, I am still just as responsible for the nonsense that is going on within this corrupt government. However, I don't see what else there is to do except leave the country. The political process is so corrupt the only people in office are necessarily going to be corrupt. The entire banking system is corrupt as well. There's really no way out of it except to just leave it all alone; live independantly and separately from it.

The only thing this country understands is war, and I'm not going to war with the US.