If you worship Jesus Christ

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

If you worship Jesus Christ

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

If you worship Jesus Christ, or Jesus and Father Yahweh, what would it take for you to turn your worship and devotion to Yahweh alone?

After all, isn't this what Jesus really taught?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

otseng
Savant

Post #21

Post by otseng »

William wrote:I want to see how sincere you actually are about this
William wrote:I think this is where you get wobbly-wheeled.
William wrote:You appear to be at a place of redefining your position
Moderator Comment

All of these are needlessly personal. Just present your arguments without commenting on another poster.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

William
Savant

Re: If you worship Jesus Christ

Post #22

Post by William »

[Replying to post 19 by Elijah John]
Hopefully this has cleared any confusion. I hope you are interested in addressing the rest of my points Elijah John.
Can we stop the personal attacks now? I am not the subject of this tread, though you seem to be attempting to make it that way.
I wasn't attacking your personality. I was pointing out fundamental flaws in your position and suggesting you remove the mote from your eye. Sadly you have chosen to take offence at a true enough observation. That is one way to deal with a perceived problem, but it is my sincere hope that you will eventually discover it is not the godly way to do so.

We are not robots. Nor are we simply insincere egos who cry 'foul' when the tough questions are presented. We are human beings who at our very core are capable of far greater behavior than that.

I was simply attempting to encourage you to go there...

If you can put aside this distraction, perhaps we can continue with the discussion?

Otherwise, to echo your words...

I'm too, am "done with this discussion." and leave it with the knowledge that in truth I have really said nothing which required you taking offence of.

If you change your mind, PM an let me know.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #23

Post by Elijah John »

William wrote: I was pointing out fundamental flaws in your position and suggesting you remove the mote from your eye
You really want to go on about this? Your continued personal remarks poisons the discussion, and makes me less interested in engaging the topic with you. It could have been an interesting debate/discussion otherwise. But alas.you have made even your clarification insulting.

-YHVH is LORD

Elijah John
Savant

Post #24

Post by Elijah John »

Elijah John wrote: If you worship Jesus Christ, or Jesus and Father Yahweh, what would it take for you to turn your worship and devotion to Yahweh alone?

Just to reiterate the actual subject of this particular thread, and hopefully get back on-topic.

-YHVH is LORD

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #25

Post by dianaiad »

William wrote: .......
We are not robots. Nor are we simply insincere egos who cry 'foul' when the tough questions are presented. We are human beings who at our very core are capable of far greater behavior than that.

I was simply attempting to encourage you to go there...
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please refrain from making negative comments, however gentle you may think them, about the writer of a post. As well, it's a good idea to refrain from telling other posters how to behave; if you believe someone has crossed the line of civility, or has broken the rules, report the post and let the moderation team handle it.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #26

Post by brianbbs67 »

Elijah John wrote:
Elijah John wrote: If you worship Jesus Christ, or Jesus and Father Yahweh, what would it take for you to turn your worship and devotion to Yahweh alone?

Just to reiterate the actual subject of this particular thread, and hopefully get back on-topic.
Nothing, I have always worshipped the Father, alone. The OT and Christ teach this. Something has happened that is a major shift is organized Christianity in the last 25 years that is not good and has shifted to praying to and worshiping Christ. My own father(who always had prayed to his heavenly Father) now prays to Jesus. I don't understand it. Churches appear to be brainwashing and indoctrinating at an alarming rate these days.