Diversified Oneness

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

101G
Apprentice

Diversified Oneness

Post #1

Post by 101G »

I have been looking at many of the topics here on the site and finding a confusion about the Lord Jesus. Is he God or Not. I have notice many different doctrine that have been put forth.

But may I add just one more to the pot please, “Diversified Oneness�.

What is it? It is the doctrine that was taught by the Lord Jesus himself to his apostles, and written in the scriptures. I know the very first question you’re thinking right now is “where is this diversity in the scriptures". really all over the bible, from Genesis to Revelation.

First let me define it by the scriptures and then show it in the scripture. Definition, Scripture, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star�.

Notice that word “offspring�. it is the Greek word, according to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments, G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock

See how the KJV can translate offspring, “diversity�. Meaning, that he, Jesus is God “diversified� or “shared� in flesh as a man, a OFFSPRING of man kind.

I have read, as said, some of the responses to this subject matter. Everyone has an angel to the Godhead, but what if we’re not asking the right question to get the right answers?

I would like to put forth a series of question that will eliminate any doubt about the deity of our Lord and the Godhead in totality.

My first question is this, “Who raised the Lord Jesus body up after he died on the cross?�. who did it.

I’ll be looking for your responses.

My motto is this. “where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant�.

shnarkle
Guru

Post #21

Post by shnarkle »

101G wrote: [Replying to post 16 by Overcomer]

In the name of the Lord Jesus thaks for the reply. not I'm not a Oneness Pentecostal, I'm a "diversified Oneness". I'm totally different from their doctoral beliefs.

the doctrine I support is this. there is only one person in the Godhead and that's the Holy Spirit. and this ONE Spirit "shared" or diversified himself in flesh, hence the G243 allos.

and as for the comforter, the Lord Jesus plainly said that he is the comforter to return, scripture,

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".

verse 18 here is crystal clear, "I will come to you". that's plain as day.

and the Lord Jesus told them how he's returning, John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
and to be sure, in the very next verse, Judas, not Iscariot, asked the Lord point blank how is he going to "manifest" himself to them and not the world.

John 14:22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

and the lord answer him, John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Abode here is to reside, or dwell in us. and that's what happen on the day of Pentecost. he, the Lord Jesus "MANIFESTED" himself to them and not the world by the Spiritual gifts.

on Pentecost they was filled with the Spirit and spoke in other tongues. this is the Manifestation Judas asked about. scripture,

1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal".

there is that manifestation,

1 Corinthians 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

there are the speaking in other tongues, which the apostles did on Pentecost, and Judas ask about in John 14.

1 Corinthians 12:11 "But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

see, ANOTHER Comforter is the Lord Jesus Glorified in Spirit. and to be sure that the Lord Jesus is the Comforter, just read 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous".

that word "advocate" in the Greek is G3875 πα�άκλητος parakletos (pa-ra'-klee-tos)
1. (properly) one called near (to give help).
2. an intercessor (one who entreats of behalf of another).
3. a comforter.
[(not given)]
KJV: advocate, comforter

see definition #3. "Comforter". that's the Lord Jesus, he is the Holy Spirit the ANOTHER COMFORTER, that came on Pentecost.

but when he return in the body, every EYE will see him, Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen".
I'm not following your argument primarily because the spirit isn't a person. If there's one person, it has to be the person of Christ Jesus. Wasn't he a person? The word "person" comes from the word "persona" which is "a mask". This is what is objectively presented. This is the image, or the Icon of the invisible God. Paul points out that it is within Christ that the fullness of the godhead dwells bodily. The spriit, on the other hand comes to dwell sugjectively within; hence the fact that it is only those who have the spirit within them that can worship, see, recieve the gifts of the spirit etc.

Again, Paul points out that the father is tihe origin of everything, whereas it is Chrst that is the means by which everything comes into existence, and this is all by power of spirit. The only person in this whole equation is Christ. Even though God can't exist apart from the word, the word isn't God. Even God's spirit isn't God; it's God's spirit. The origin of everything really can't have any attributes to begin with. Unless you believe in a created god of your own imagination, God must be transcendent, and therefore can't exist apart from Christ. Christ is eternal, but this characteristic can't be attributed to God; at least according to Paul or John.

101G
Apprentice

Post #22

Post by 101G »

[Replying to post 21 by shnarkle]

Thanks for the reply, and yes the Spirit is the Person who is made visible by Christ.

and yes, there is only one person in the Godhead who is a "SHARED" person. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

here "Form" is G3444 μο�φή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form

the "NATURE" of God is "Spirit, (see John 4:24a). but the million dollar question is what kind of Spirit is the Lord Jesus in order for him to be "EQUAL" with the Spirit/God.

the answer lay in the root of G3444 μο�φή morphe, which is G3313 μέ�ος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).
2. a part.
3. (as an adverb) partly, in part.
4. (as a participle) participating (i.e. the act of taking part in).
5. a piece (i.e. a limited portion).
6. (of location) a district.
7. (of livelihood) an occupation (i.e. as ones' portion in life).
8. a portion in Jesus (see John 13:8).
{literally or figuratively, in a wide application}
[from an obsolete but more primary form of μεί�ομαι mȇír�mai “to get as a section or allotment�]
KJV: behalf, course, coast, craft, particular (+ -ly), part (+ -ly), piece, portion, respect, side, some sort(-what)

definition #1 holds the answer to the "EQUAL" Nature of God. another word for portion is "Share". so the Lord Jesus is the Equal SHARE of God in Flesh. not two separate persons, NO, but one person "SHARED" in flesh. this sharing of one person of himself is what the Greeks calls G243 allos. I'll give this definition again, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort.

Just look up the word "Sort" I use the online dictionary... dictionary.com and see what "Sort" means. and then put it with the numerical difference as the definition states, you get two of the SAME. see a share is the SAME. and allos express another of the SAME.... Sort.

can we prove this by scripture?, yes, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me".

question, "God said his "OWN" Arm brought salvation unto him". HIS "OWN" ARM is him. it's not someone's else. and who is the ARM of God? let the bible answer.

Isaiah 53:1 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isaiah 53:2 "For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Isaiah 53:3 "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isaiah 53:4 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted".

are you following me now. see the "ARM" of God is a WHO, and God said that his ARM is him. "MY OWN ARM". God "SHARED" himself in flesh as a man. God shared spirit is the "he" and the "him" being describe here in Isaiah 53. the SAME person, only now shared in flesh as a man, just as Philippians 2:7 states, "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men". so the Form God took on was Flesh. this is how he God can speak from heaven and at the same time stand in the water at John baptism as a man., and appear as, as, as, a dove in likeness. this man standing in the water of John's baptism is the "US" and the "OUR" mention in Genesis 1:26.

understand, the ARM of God is God shared in flesh as the Offspring of David.

Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star".

are you following now? the root is the Spirit without flesh, the Offspring is the SHARED spirit with flesh, in the Image of God... a MAN.

so if you want to talk person God is more real that any of us because he created us. he's everlasting, we are.... here today gone tomorrow.

I know it will take some time to understand "Diversified Oneness", but hang in there you're doing good by asking questions.

each day I will try to present us with more evidence of God diversity. so stay with us, ok.

May God bless you.

shnarkle
Guru

Post #23

Post by shnarkle »

[Replying to post 22 by 101G]

Thanks for the reply, and yes the Spirit is the Person who is made visible by Christ.
I never suggested the Spirit was a person. I have always maintained that the only person is Christ. Again, the term "person" comes from the word "persona" which is "a mask"; in the Greek we see Paul used the term "eikon" which is where we get the word "Icon", and is usually translated as "image". It is NOT the spirit that is the image of the invisible God, but Christ who is the image of God.
there is only one person in the Godhead who is a "SHARED" person. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".
This assumes that the form of God is equal to God; it isn't. Let's look at the context:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he MADE himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being MADE in human LIKENESS(I.E FORM).
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

So from this it becomes quite evident that the author isn't equating the form of a man as equal with God at all. The appearance of a man indicates that he can't be God as God is not a man (Numbers 23:19). The definition of person begins with "a man, woman, or child...etc."
here "Form" is G3444 μο�φή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Yep, and there should be no doubt that God is incomparible.
With whom, then, will you compare God? To what image will you liken him? “To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?� says the Holy One. Isaiah 40:18,25
the "NATURE" of God is "Spirit, (see John 4:24a). but the million dollar question is what kind of Spirit is the Lord Jesus in order for him to be "EQUAL" with the Spirit/God.
That's not the million dollar question. When you start talking about form, kind, or type, you have crossed over into a system of classification, and there is no classification for God. God is the one who creates the system of classification. God cannot be classified because the incomparible cannot be classified. God gives Adam the task of naming, and classifying the different species, phyla, etc., yet God cannot be classified.
the answer lay in the root of G3444 μο�φή morphe, which is G3313 μέ�ος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).
2. a part.
3. (as an adverb) partly, in part.
4. (as a participle) participating (i.e. the act of taking part in).
5. a piece (i.e. a limited portion).
6. (of location) a district.
7. (of livelihood) an occupation (i.e. as ones' portion in life).
8. a portion in Jesus (see John 13:8).
{literally or figuratively, in a wide application}
[from an obsolete but more primary form of μεί�ομαι mȇír�mai “to get as a section or allotment�]
KJV: behalf, course, coast, craft, particular (+ -ly), part (+ -ly), piece, portion, respect, side, some sort(-what)
Here again, there is no way that the part is equal to the whole, especially when we're dealing with types, kinds, forms, species, phylum, "each after their own kind" etc.

definition #1 holds the answer to the "EQUAL" Nature of God. another word for portion is "Share". so the Lord Jesus is the Equal SHARE of God in Flesh. not two separate persons, NO, but one person "SHARED" in flesh. this sharing of one person of himself is what the Greeks calls G243 allos. I'll give this definition again, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort.
And Adam has a share as well, and yet he did grasp at divinity, and lost it so having a share doesn't make one God.
Just look up the word "Sort" I use the online dictionary... dictionary.com and see what "Sort" means. and then put it with the numerical difference as the definition states, you get two of the SAME. see a share is the SAME. and allos express another of the SAME.... Sort.
Yes, a sort is a type, form, kind as in "each after their own kind"; God is not a kind, type, sort. There is no classification for God. The texts declare that God is incomparable.
the "ARM" of God is a WHO, and God said that his ARM is him.
Nope, His arm is "his"; not "him".
"MY OWN ARM". God "SHARED" himself in flesh as a man.
No. Christ taught to "deny yourself", and he only did what he saw the father doing so we can safely conclude that the father also denies this notion of the self as well. There is no self to share when one has denied the self.
this man standing in the water of John's baptism is the "US" and the "OUR" mention in Genesis 1:26.
Nope. The "Us" and "our" mentioned in Genesis is referring to "Elohim" who created "Adam" in their image. Christ is the image of God, and points out that if you've seen the Son, you've seen the father. Why? Because Christ is the "image of the invisible God". The problem with your analysis is that the image you see in your mirror isn't you; it's an image of you. Likewise, the image of God can't be God. Christ is the Icon of God, and an Icon can't be God, or a god. To worship the Icon as if it were God, is to make it into an Idol. Worshipping Idols is strictly forbidden in scripture, and one should never make anything into an Idol; even the Icon of God. One should never objectify God.
the root is the Spirit without flesh,
No, not according to Paul who points out that the Father is "OF WHOM" are all things. God is the root; the source, the origin. Period.
the Offspring is the SHARED spirit with flesh, in the Image of God... a MAN.
I would agree except for the fact that God shares his spirit with the celestial realm as well. They are also created in his image; and they are not men. It is not fallen man that is created in God's image either. It is the "new creature in Christ" that is a "son of God" created in God's image.

I comprehend your theory, but it needs more work in order to be coherent.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #24

Post by Overcomer »

101G wrote:
the doctrine I support is this. there is only one person in the Godhead and that's the Holy Spirit. and this ONE Spirit "shared" or diversified himself in flesh, hence the G243 allos.

and as for the comforter, the Lord Jesus plainly said that he is the comforter to return, scripture,

John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you".

verse 18 here is crystal clear, "I will come to you". that's plain as day.
I'm sorry, but you're misinterpreting the verses. Jesus says he will send ANOTHER comforter. He doesn't say that he will be that comforter. He says it is someone other than himself who is JUST LIKE himself, that is, divine.

The thing is, you have to look at verses in context of the entire Bible. While Jesus and the Holy Spirit are identical in essence, it's obvious that the Holy Spirit has his own consciousness as do Jesus and God the Father. We see this at Christ's baptism when God the Father speaks and when the Holy Spirit appears (Matt. 3:13-17). We see all three persons of the Triune Godhead at the same time.

So what did Jesus mean in verse 18 when he said he would come to them? He was referring to the fact that, after his crucifixion, he would return to them so that they would know that he hadn't abandoned them. Their grief at his death would be short-lived and, thus, they would not remain comfortless in the face of it.

See here for a detailed explanation of the 14th chapter of John:

https://bible.org/article/theological-m ... hn-1415-31

You may call what you preach "diversified oneness", but it sounds like modalism or Sabellianism to me.

FWI
Sage

Re: Diversified Oneness

Post #25

Post by FWI »

[Replying to post 14 by 101G]
101G wrote:I must disagree with your assessment about the OT and the NT concerning our Lord Jesus, they both clearly tell us who he is.

This is expected (disagreement), but neither the O.T nor the N.T claim that the begotten Son of God is actually the "Self-Existing One" or YHWH. Because, if they did, you would have listed the chapters and verses where this is claimed. We can theorize about our opinions and use backdoor logic for support, but trying to suggest that they are factual claims related to such an important topic, without verifiable evidence is likely to be scrutinized and rejected.
101G wrote:I asked who made everything, the OT and the NT states that it was JESUS.

The O.T implies that the Self-Existing One and angels were involved in the creation of our universe and the life that is on it. This can be extrapolated by reviewing the Hebrew word Elohim. So, unless you believe that the Son of God is a created angel, I must question your position. However, even if you did believe the Son of God is a created angel, I would need question that belief, as well.

In John 1:1-5, we have an entirely different situation. This is not referring to the creation of the universe or life, it is referring to the new creation and/or the new covenant. Here, the Son of God is sitting at the right hand of his Father's throne. He is in control of the events, which must take place (after his resurrection). These events include: the restoration of the Kingdom of God, the new heaven and new earth (Rev. 21), as well as, the resurrection of the dead (to an opportunity) for a new life or existence (John 1:4-5).

101G
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by 101G »

[Replying to post 20 by shnarkle]

"I'd really like to see where it says "Jesus" created everything. Jesus was a human being who lived around 2000 years ago, and only for about 30 years, which doesn't really fit with any of the creation stories in the bible. An itinerant preacher named Jesus didn't create the world".

Here is your answer. John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".

You said Jesus was a Human being. the correct response is that he was in human flesh.

but to show you the truth of what and who the Lord Jesus was, before he took on flesh, he was Spirit . supportive Scripture. 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

see shnarkle, Christ is "Spirit" before he took on flesh and bone as a man. he Jesus, the Spirit, was in the prophets of the old testament testifying of the grace that should come. just go back to any of the OT prophets and you will see something like this in all the books of the prophets. "The word of the LORD came unto and the name of the prophet". example,

Genesis 15:1 "After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward". or,

1 Samuel 15:10 "Then came the word of the LORD unto Samuel, saying", or,

Jeremiah 1:11 "Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree". one more,

Hosea 1:1 "The word of the LORD that came unto Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel".

understand the "word" of the LORD is JESUS himself.

now one more example, 1 Corinthians 10:1 "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

1 Corinthians 10:2 "And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

1 Corinthians 10:3 "And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

1 Corinthians 10:4 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ".

Christ is the Rock, who was with them, (ISRAEL in the Exodus). Christ JESUS is the ROCK according to the apostle Paul here in 1 Corinthians 10. let's see what the OT Prophet Moses say as to who the Rock is.

Deuteronomy 32:3 "Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

Deuteronomy 32:4 "He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he".

so the ROCK is the LORD, all cap, according to Moses. and Christ is the ROCK according to the apostle Paul. do they agree? yes, for the LORD is JESUS Christ.

and it was the Lord Jesus as Spirit that created all things, listen.

scripture, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself".

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

see, "ALL THINGS WAS MADE BY HIM, "THE WORD" THE "LORD" WHO IS JESUS".

conclusion: the word is the LORD who is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, who is God. the ONLY PERSON in the Godhead.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters".

there is JESUS, right from the beginning, Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

101G
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by 101G »

FWI wrote: [Replying to post 14 by 101G]
101G wrote:I must disagree with your assessment about the OT and the NT concerning our Lord Jesus, they both clearly tell us who he is.

This is expected (disagreement), but neither the O.T nor the N.T claim that the begotten Son of God is actually the "Self-Existing One" or YHWH. Because, if they did, you would have listed the chapters and verses where this is claimed. We can theorize about our opinions and use backdoor logic for support, but trying to suggest that they are factual claims related to such an important topic, without verifiable evidence is likely to be scrutinized and rejected.

My respond, Read my last post, it gives OT and NT proof, but I'll give other scriptures,

Just read the 7 letter to the Churches in the book of Revelation. Notice, in every letter it is Jesus the Son of God who is addressing each church right, but notice how each letter ends, "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches
". yes, JESUS is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

101G wrote:I asked who made everything, the OT and the NT states that it was JESUS.

The O.T implies that the Self-Existing One and angels were involved in the creation of our universe and the life that is on it. This can be extrapolated by reviewing the Hebrew word Elohim. So, unless you believe that the Son of God is a created angel, I must question your position. However, even if you did believe the Son of God is a created angel, I would need question that belief, as well.

In John 1:1-5, we have an entirely different situation. This is not referring to the creation of the universe or life, it is referring to the new creation and/or the new covenant. Here, the Son of God is sitting at the right hand of his Father's throne. He is in control of the events, which must take place (after his resurrection). These events include: the restoration of the Kingdom of God, the new heaven and new earth (Rev. 21), as well as, the resurrection of the dead (to an opportunity) for a new life or existence (John 1:4-5).

(smile).... I suggest you read my response above in Bold letters..

101G
Apprentice

Post #28

Post by 101G »

Now, with all said, do anyone still have any doubts concering, "the Lord Jesus making all things?".

if so please post your concerns with scriptures.

shnarkle
Guru

Post #29

Post by shnarkle »

[Replying to post 26 by 101G]

understand the "word" of the LORD is JESUS himself.
Not even close. The texts are quite clear in pointing out that the word "became flesh". A zygote became a baby, which became a child, which became an adult. A zygote is not an adult. You are assuming that the word is equal to the person. The meaning of Christ cannot be exhausted in the person of Jesus. Jesus himself says "deny yourself". The person cannot exhaust who Christ is. Ultimately the person must be cast aside just as Christ cast aside his persona revealing the image of the invisible God. God is not a person. Christ is the persona of God, and yet Jesus the person never existed prior to the incarnation. Are you going to deny the incarnation?
Christ is the Rock, who was with them, (ISRAEL in the Exodus). Christ JESUS is the ROCK according to the apostle Paul here in 1 Corinthians 10.
Sure, but again Paul isn't saying that the rock in the dessert was Jesus. Jesus' incarnation didn't occur until later. You're conflating the two.
so the ROCK is the LORD, all cap, according to Moses. and Christ is the ROCK according to the apostle Paul. do they agree? yes, for the LORD is JESUS Christ.
Sorry, you aren't even able to match your doctrine with the proper verb. Christ says, "I and the Father ARE one" You are claiming that Jehovah IS Christ. Paul is careful to distinguish between the two in 1 Cor.8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Please pay careful attention to the fact that Paul clearly distinguishes between the "one God, the Father" who is the origin of all things, and Christ who is the means by which everything is created. The Father is also the origin of Christ, and neither of these two are "things". They aren't even beings. Christ is existence while the father is the origin of existence. Jesus the person exists for the same reason we all exist, i.e. because "Apart from me (i.e. Christ) you can do nothing"
and it was the Lord Jesus as Spirit that created all things, listen.
You are begging the question. You are presenting what you intend to prove as a given, then just presenting one quote after another; none of which show "Jesus" doing anything. You're simply assuming that Jehovah is Jesus. On some level this is the case, but it certainly isn't with regards to the created person. God is not created. God dwells in the incarnation, as in "in him the fulness of the godhead dwells in bodily form"
there is JESUS, right from the beginning, Spirit, the Holy Spirit.
Except that nowhere do the texts make that claim. You've simply asserted this claim without showing anything to connect the dots. Again, the problem here is that you ignore the fact that the introduction to John's gospel clearly points out that "the word BECAME flesh". The word BECAME what was known as the man Jesus. The "Word" isn't a "what" or a thing, but Jesus was a man. The man Jesus didn't create the world. The man Jesus was part of the world. He came "in sinful flesh". Sinful flesh didn't create the world. You're conflating the two, and projecting Jesus back in time long before he ever existed.

The Logos isn't the pneuma. The word isn't the spirit anymore than the breath that vibrates your vocal chords is the word that is produced by that breath. The breath is the power that produces the word. The word which becomes flesh is "what" is produced. Jesus then shows us that he is the means or way back to the father. He was that pillar of fire by night and that pillar of smoke during the day, but he isn't saying that the pillars of smoke and fire was the person Jesus. A pillar of fire and smoke isn't a burning bush, nor are they a priest named Melchizedek. The spirit that was upon the face of the deep was not a person named Jesus. A person named Jesus could never "become" a person named Jesus if he was already a person named Jesus. You are contradicting the texts which clearly stated that "the word BECAME flesh"

101G
Apprentice

Post #30

Post by 101G »

[Replying to post 29 by shnarkle]

that's your opinion, but the question still stands, "who made all things". so please address that question.