Satan and His Demons - Implausible

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Satan and His Demons - Implausible

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

The existence of demons and an actual Satan is implausible due to the following:

Rebelling against God and deceiving humanity would not gratify them in the way we think. While it is believed that causing humans to fall into sin through temptations and the like would satisfy some sadistic impulse in demons, I think that, on the contrary, such spiritual beings would find it beneath them to engage in this type of activity. They would find it demeaning to themselves and would not derive any real pleasure from it. Sadistic impulses seem all too very human and are the
result of human frailty and psychology. This is why we often pity evil people because of their gross violation of their's and other's human rights. If demons once were such glorious creatures as the angels who did not fall, wherefrom would this low, scumy, sadistic impulse to deceive and destroy souls come from? Where did the very desire to rebel against God come from? Being as brilliant as angels, and foreknowing all the consequences of their actions, the resolve to sin would be as non-existent as the inclination, in my own opinion.

But that is only one reason. I think there are others.

Discuss?

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Satan and His Demons - Implausible

Post #31

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 30 by William]

"Life is a blessing!"

Genesis 27:28-29
28 May God give you heaven’s dew and earth’s richness— an abundance of grain and new wine. 29 May nations serve you and peoples bow down to you. Be lord over your brothers, and may the sons of your mother bow down to you. May those who curse you be cursed and those who bless you be blessed.�
Psalm 1:1-3 NIV
1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, 2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. 3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV
8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
And with God's temple in us as we preserve it as well as living with the salvation of God in life, life is meant for the righteous followers of God and not evil people!
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!