The theocracy of Jesus.

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

The theocracy of Jesus.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

In Jesus theocracy, his "Kingdom of God" what Jehovah's Witnesses call "Paradise on Earth, is there a place for slavery in this Kingdom?

After all, Moses at least permitted it, if not encouraged it. Codified it into Law. (Exodus 21.20-21)

If the Bible is perfect and infallible, and every verse "God breathed" wouldn't there be a place for slavery in Jesus' theocracy, as there was in Moses' theocracy?

Broader question. Would the Kingdom of God employ the law of Moses in every aspect?

----

(Also, do I even need to place a disclaimer that I am not advocating slavery but condemning it, along with Bible literalism?)
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Tcg
Savant

Re: The theocracy of Jesus.

Post #11

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 10 by Tired of the Nonsense]

What's that old saying? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

At least as far as the story goes, the son will follow closely in his father's footsteps. Of course in the son's case, he will take it a step further and commit the mass murder himself:

Revelation 19:13-16

13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.�

Savant

Post #12

Post by 1213 »

Elijah John wrote: In Jesus theocracy, his "Kingdom of God" what Jehovah's Witnesses call "Paradise on Earth, is there a place for slavery in this Kingdom?

After all, Moses at least permitted it, if not encouraged it. Codified it into Law. (Exodus 21.20-21)

If the Bible is perfect and infallible, and every verse "God breathed" wouldn't there be a place for slavery in Jesus' theocracy, as there was in Moses' theocracy?

Broader question. Would the Kingdom of God employ the law of Moses in every aspect?
I would say God’s law is what people want to follow there. I am not sure if the Law of Moses is the same. However, about the slavery, it may depend greatly on, what do you mean with it. Slave seems to be same as servant, at least in some cases. And people have been servants freely, because they want to serve. I believe it is possible that people want to serve other people and God in heaven. But I don’t believe people are forced to serve there.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by PinSeeker »

<chuckles> You guys got it all figured out, don't you? LOL!

Seriously, though, if you want to go through life with tin ears, I'm not going to stand in your way. Once again, those distant strains of "The Boxer" (Simon and Garfunkel, 1968) echo down the halls of unbelief:
  • "Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..."

Wootah
Savant

Post #14

Post by Wootah »

PinSeeker wrote: <chuckles> You guys got it all figured out, don't you? LOL!

Seriously, though, if you want to go through life with tin ears, I'm not going to stand in your way. Once again, those distant strains of "The Boxer" (Simon and Garfunkel, 1968) echo down the halls of unbelief:
  • "Still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..."
:warning: Moderator Warning

If you don't wish to debate the given topic of a thread - it's best not to post.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."