Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

WPG12
Student

Did the pharisees

Post #1

Post by WPG12 »

Ifollow the commandments?

I was watching a news show where a rabbi was being interviewed, he was asked if he wears linen and wool at the same time. Referencing deuteronomy 22:11.

The rabbi said no, he would never wear wool and linen mingled together.

When asked why God won't allow it, his answer was he didn't know, and it wasn't our business to understand just to obey.

Did they follow the commandments then? And do they still today?

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Did the pharisees

Post #21

Post by myth-one.com »

WPG12 wrote: [Replying to myth-one.com]

Of course he wrote that their is a natural body, and a spiritual body. At the same time this is a spiritual thing, that natural body are those Christian's who do not think in spiritual terms, they think in carnal terms, they see Paul talking about his own physical body. Their is a spiritual body also, that thinks in spiritual terms, they see Paul talking about a spiritual body always, and they understand it.
No man has a spiritual body.

So no man can think in spiritual terms.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #22

Post by myth-one.com »

Myth-one.com wrote:No man has a spiritual body.

So no man can think in spiritual terms.
WPG12 wrote:Sure they can
Can you also move as the wind?
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8)
Assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God is called blasphemy:
And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee. And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone? (Luke 5:20-21)

the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I showed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. (John 10:31-33)

WPG12
Student

Post #23

Post by WPG12 »

[Replying to post 23 by myth-one.com]

Can I move the wind? Lol, why would you ask that? Being spiritually minded doesn't mean you can cause the wind to blow.

bjs
Prodigy

Post #24

Post by bjs »

[Replying to post 22 by WPG12]

Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.