Have you ever considered the ants

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

WPG12
Student

Have you ever considered the ants

Post #1

Post by WPG12 »

How no one really wants them in their yard, how they attack anything that gets too close to their nest, and are usually considered uselss pests?

Why would we be told to consider the ants?
And to be like them? Are we like them? With no overseer, no provider? And isn't this a thought completely contradictory to Psalms 23 and Luke 12:22-30?

If we are to be of one mind in calling ourselves Christian's, how can we accept two contradicting thoughts to be true?

marco
Savant

Re: Have you ever considered the ants

Post #11

Post by marco »

WPG12 wrote: [Replying to marco]

What about those kids in Africa? I don't know, about them. But, what I do know is that emotion blinds the eyes of reason, and when someone tries to throw up an emotion response without being able to answer the question, all they are doing is trying to shut down a debate or conversation. So, I'll just bow out.

I wish some of my chess adversaries submitted so readily. You will find that we have been discussing the proposition : consider the ants, meaning we look at the largesse that God distributes. We must also look at the inequalities of that distribution. Because one does not see the bigger picture, one mustn't assume the question is being improperly addressed.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #12

Post by The Tanager »

marco wrote:True. Man is responsible for SOME of the ills. Man does not create tsunamis, droughts, earthquakes: that's God's handiwork. Perhaps he's too busy marking the fall of sparrows.
Or perhaps we can't have a physical world like ours or a character buiding world like ours without the possibility of natural disasters.
marco wrote:But your advice unintentionally points the right way: we should ignore God and sacrifices and hymns and concentrate on helping others. We might in the process even help a few fallen sparrows
I'm not sure "helping others" makes real sense without the existence of God, but that's a different discussion.

kcplusdc@yahoo.com
Apprentice

Saw it on the tv

Post #13

Post by kcplusdc@yahoo.com »

Pretty good show on Denmark's approach to dealing with flooding, guess they had a bad flood in 53, since then no deaths from flooding or something mind boggling, anyway if this was the world's approach, embrassing a problem with that God given mind, you will find that you can build saftey into your life, tsunami, earthquake, flooding? Is it Gods fault you chose to buy in a flood zone? That your city infrastructure doesn't support improving safety factors in your dikes and levies.
Countries are leading the charge to dispell this load of smelly right now.

With proper building and thought those factors would rarely cause issue. We are lazy and short sided. Spend more responding to disaster than fixing it ahead of time.