A civil debate forum for people of all persuasions (Atheists, Agnostics, Deists, Christians, and adherents of any religion)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic
jgh7
First Post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 am  Why is "born this way" important for homosexuality Reply with quote

It's a heavily debated topic whether homosexuals are born this way or not. A lot of arguments over their rights hinge on this factor.

My question is: why is this important and relevant for homosexual rights? Let's say a homosexual came out and said he wasn't born this way. He says that over the course of puberty he developed to become attracted to the same sex.

What rights would he lose out on that homosexuals who were born homosexual would still be entitled to have?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 11: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:01 am
Re: Why is "born this way" important for homosexua

Like this post
[Replying to post 10 by Aetixintro]

The point of my two questions was to find out if you had evidence to support the claims you made earlier. It is clear at this point that you don't.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 12: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:52 am

Like this post (1): Aetixintro
Aetixintro wrote:

For all that I've done in science, I must be allowed to utter this by suspicion. Clearly, torture against babies occur, but what exactly are the effects on them, before and after? I can't see that this question is so easily answered and most certainly one can not go about torturing babies to find out either (because evil in the name of science is banned by criminal law and for ethical/moral concerns if nothing else).

Well I don't know about babies but the experiment has already been performed on young people. You might have heard of "conversion therapy" and its abysmal record.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 13: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Like this post
jgh7 wrote:

It's a heavily debated topic whether homosexuals are born this way or not. A lot of arguments over their rights hinge on this factor.

My question is: why is this important and relevant for homosexual rights? Let's say a homosexual came out and said he wasn't born this way. He says that over the course of puberty he developed to become attracted to the same sex.

What rights would he lose out on that homosexuals who were born homosexual would still be entitled to have?

It WAS heavily debated before we stopped judicially killing homosexuals. I think it is not hard to see that one's orientation can be in one direction or in another or anywhere in between. Human beings demonstrate this. It seems simplistic and silly to suggest that David bumped his head and because homosexual.

Western society (we might as well forget others, where homosexuals can be thrown from tall buildings or kept in prison) has been remarkably cruel, as with Alan Turing. If homosexuals now have rights undreamt of by people who suffered in the past, then it is a wrong partially righted.

I think it is important to accept that homosexuals are what they are and possibly have been for as long as they were able to determine. The only people this seems to bother are religious folk fighting on behalf of divine prejudice.

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter