Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

The Bastard Kings of Israel

Post #1

Post by StuartJ »

Jesus is said to have been descended from the David kings.

The Davids were no longer on the throne in Jesus' time.

In what looks to me to be political propaganda from a faction that took over from the Davids, Jesus' ancestry is shown, in early biblical writings, to be illegitimate.
Last edited by StuartJ on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
No one EVER demonstrates that "God" exists outside their parietal cortex.

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #51

Post by brianbbs67 »

Tcg wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
Wait if you wish. I was talking to StuartJ. And asking him to wait a moment before leaving the whole debate here. That's all.
Yes, I see.

And what specifically was StuartJ to wait for?

My post was the first activity on this thread for almost 24 hours.
For other input??

Tcg
Savant

Post #52

Post by Tcg »

brianbbs67 wrote:
Tcg wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
Wait if you wish. I was talking to StuartJ. And asking him to wait a moment before leaving the whole debate here. That's all.
Yes, I see.

And what specifically was StuartJ to wait for?

My post was the first activity on this thread for almost 24 hours.
For other input??
Your question marks are quite appropriate. What "other input"?

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #53

Post by StuartJ »

I keep checking back ...?

bjs
Prodigy

Post #54

Post by bjs »

[Replying to post 41 by StuartJ]

Moderator Comment

The purpose of this subforum is to have a place to freely engage in debates on Christian theology with the basic assumption that the Bible can be used as a primary reference without the need to defend its authority. If you cannot abide by that purpose, please refrain commenting in the theology subforum.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

bluethread
Savant

Post #55

Post by bluethread »

StuartJ wrote:
Let me make it simple for you ...

Given that no one demonstrates that so much as a verse of the "Word of God" came from "God" ...

I offer the hypothesis that much is human political propaganda.

The Tamar Turns a Trick scandal never happened ...

... because the priests of the newish Yahweh god were inventing propaganda, set way back in historical times, that demonstrated, through holy "scripture", that the David kings they had ousted were illegitimate holders of the throne in the first place.

And the simple folk would buy it as "God's own truth" ...

Because simple folks swallow things from those in authority ...

Without a demand for independently verifiable evidence.

It's THAT simple.

No it is not that simple. You are daisychaining. First, you say that, since no one demonstrates to your satisfation that any of the Scriptures are of devine origin, it is reasonable to presume it is political propaganda. Fair enough, you have a right to your opinion.

However, you then declare that the story of Tamar never happened. I don't know whether this is supposed to follow from your first statement, or is a seperate assertion that is supposed to support your propaganda theory. If your first statement is true, none of the rest of this matters. If it is a seperate assertion, that requires justification on your part, since you are not saying that it can not be proven to have happened, but are making a positive assertion that it never happened.

You then go on with the propaganda theory and assert that, because of that theory, the Davidic line is illgitimate. Well, if your first statement is true, none of this matters. If it isn't true, and the Tamar incident didn't happen, that incident can not make the Davidic line illegitimate. If the Tamar story did happen, we are back to you showing that what happened there made the Davidic line illegitimate.

Then you impugn the integrity of anyone who believes the Scriptures, which again undermines your argument, because if the accounts are not to be believed, none of this matters.

In short, all you are saying is that the Davidic line is not legitimate, because you do not believe any of it. Well, duh! :roll:

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #56

Post by StuartJ »

[Replying to post 55 by bluethread]

Belief has nothing to do with it.

Zero evidence for "scriptures" as divine

Leaves open for hypotheses of human propaganda

Simple

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Post #57

Post by StuartJ »

For those who have followed this thread, I'm going to point you to related threads that help build the hypothesis that biblical writings can be political slander.

In C&A there are:

Tamar Turns a Trick

Rachel's Sex for Drugs Scandal

Rueben Cuckolds His Father