Jesus failed to fulfill prophesies.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

Jesus failed to fulfill prophesies.

Post #1

Post by polonius »

Jesus failed to return the rule to Israel and has had no Second Coming.

Judaism 101
“The mashiach [ the Messiah]will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5). He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1). He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18). He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).�

Acts 16 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, is this the time when you will restore the kingdom to Israel?� 7 He replied, “It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority.

But Christ never did return the rule to Israel nor did his Second Coming occur. Evidently, Jesus wasn’t the Messiah or all those “inspired� writers got it wrong? What do you think?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #2

Post by brianbbs67 »

I believe its a future date. He already had a second coming, its the third we wait for, mostly patiently.

tam
Savant

Re: Jesus failed to fulfill prophesies.

Post #3

Post by tam »

Peace to you Polonius,
polonius wrote: Jesus failed to return the rule to Israel and has had no Second Coming.
My Lord simply has not yet returned.
Judaism 101
“The mashiach [ the Messiah]will bring about the political and spiritual redemption of the Jewish people by bringing us back to Israel and restoring Jerusalem (Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 23:8; 30:3; Hosea 3:4-5).

My Lord will not just bring Jews, but also the rest of the tribes (ten more tribes).

As for Jerusalem, this is the city of New Jerusalem - a city that is made not of streets and buildings, but of people.

"I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband."
Rev 21:2

He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government, both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1).

Speaking of the Kingdom, indeed He will establish His Kingdom, even here on the earth.
He will rebuild the Temple and re-establish its worship (Jeremiah 33:18).
The Temple that He is building is also made of people; the Temple is the Body of Christ, with Him at the head and all who belong to Him as members of that Body.
He is building that Temple even now, and so people are entering into the Temple even now to worship - in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24)
He will restore the religious court system of Israel and establish Jewish law as the law of the land (Jeremiah 33:15).�
Jeremiah 33:15 does not say that:

In those days and at that time I will cause to sprout a Righteous Branch of David, and He will administer justice and righteousness in the land.

Acts 16 So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, is this the time when you will restore the kingdom to Israel?� 7 He replied, “It is not for you to know the times or periods that the Father has set by his own authority.

But Christ never did return the rule to Israel nor did his Second Coming occur.
It is simply not time yet.
Evidently, Jesus wasn’t the Messiah or all those “inspired� writers got it wrong? What do you think?
There was nothing wrong with the prophets and there is nothing wrong with my Lord being the Messiah. There is just something wrong with the understanding and interpretation of the people, the teachers, even the scribes.

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

polonius wrote: Jesus ... has had no Second Coming.

Yet. Jesus hasn't returned... yet.

The fat lady hath not yet sung...

Further Reading: Bible Prophecies fulfilled
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/maga ... -prophecy/

RELATED POSTS

Did Jesus indicate he would return in the first century?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 162#752162

Did Jesus fulfill the Messianic promises?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 204#851204

Is prophecy an impediment of free Will?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 997#942997
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

polonius
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by polonius »

brianbbs67 wrote: I believe its a future date. He already had a second coming, its the third we wait for, mostly patiently.
QUESTION: When was Jesus Second Coming?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #6

Post by Divine Insight »

brianbbs67 wrote: I believe its a future date. He already had a second coming, its the third we wait for, mostly patiently.
The problem is that a third coming that has not yet happened is NOT prophesy fulfilled. It wouldn't be fulfilled until it actually happens.

Moreover these scriptures have Jesus promising that this will all take place before the current generation that he was speaking to had passed. And they have long since passed. So Jesus' own prophesy is long past due.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mark 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Luke 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

So anyone who is still "waiting patiently" in 2018 hasn't been paying attention. These prophesies have long since been proven by the test of time to be necessarily false by thousands of years.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

marco
Savant

Post #7

Post by marco »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
polonius wrote: Jesus ... has had no Second Coming.

Yet. Jesus hasn't returned... yet.

The fat lady hath not yet sung...

That's rather ironic. The lady you are expecting a song from is clearly no singer. So perhaps those who wait for the fat lady to sing are looking towards the wrong fat lady. The person in your picture is never going to perform. How true is that?

polonius
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by polonius »

RESPONSE: When exactly did Jesus have his second coming?

polonius
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by polonius »

polonius wrote:
RESPONSE: Really? When exactly did Jesus have his second coming?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #10

Post by brianbbs67 »

polonius wrote:
polonius wrote:
RESPONSE: Really? When exactly did Jesus have his second coming?
He died and left this realm of existence. And then he returned on the third day and met his disciples and others, dwelt for a time and then was taken up to heaven with the promise of a return.