Noah the nephilim

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Noah the nephilim

Post #1

Post by Willum »

The great thing about lies is they evaporate like mist in the face of improved logic.

So I'd like to make the proposal that Noah killed the real builder of the ark and replaced him with his own family.

Why is this a better explanation?
Because we are all still wicked. If Noah had been one of God's people, all his ancestors would have been good and holy, in the same manner.

But there is only we wicked sinners.
Just a Satan duped God in the Garden, he figured out what that 120 year ark-a-building was about and made sure his select got on board.

Maybe they were even lying in wait for when it was all over.

So question, doesn't this better fit the Bible narrative?

StuartJ
Banned
Banned

Re: Noah the nephilim

Post #2

Post by StuartJ »

[Replying to post 1 by Willum]

Excellent hypothesis ...!

When you're dealing with faith-based literature, you can read into it all manner of possibilities concerning what "God" REALLY meant ...

And expand and embellish your REAL understanding.

If I may be so bold as to expand on your hypothesis ...

A vision (Ezekiel I believe it was) appeared unto me late one night.

The vision told me that Noah and his three sons and their unnamed wives (pointless anyway) had surreptitiously travelled to Mesopotamia, wearing only aprons made of leaves and hiding inside a pillar of cloud as they wandered through the desert eating manna.

Late one night, they raided the Museum of Ur; put the curators and their families to the edge of the sword in true biblical fashion (keeping the virgin girls for themselves of course) and made off with the Ark of Utnapishtim, which had been on display since an earlier global flood by an earlier, and equally genocidal, version of "God" ... who also so loved the world he/they drowned most of the living things.

This planet has been flooded more times by more creator gods than you can poke a crooked crozier at ...

And if you can recycle myths, it makes good economic sense to hang on to pre-built arks and refloat them the next time a priesthood decides to send a deluge of literary wrath your way ...

Say, as punishment for questioning the literature.
No one EVER demonstrates that "God" exists outside their parietal cortex.

Willum
Savant

Post #3

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 2 by StuartJ]

A fine theory, except it raises more questions. Like Utnapishtim's ark wasn't made of gopher wood.
Let's keep the scope small for now.

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by jeremiah1five »

Willum wrote: The great thing about lies is they evaporate like mist in the face of improved logic.

So I'd like to make the proposal that Noah killed the real builder of the ark and replaced him with his own family.

Why is this a better explanation?
Because we are all still wicked. If Noah had been one of God's people, all his ancestors would have been good and holy, in the same manner.

But there is only we wicked sinners.
Just a Satan duped God in the Garden, he figured out what that 120 year ark-a-building was about and made sure his select got on board.

Maybe they were even lying in wait for when it was all over.

So question, doesn't this better fit the Bible narrative?
No. Noah the builder of the ark was just as wicked as the ones that didn't have a ticket to ride.

Or should I say, sail.
BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY: Where Bible and Christian Meet

Wootah
Savant

Post #5

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 1 by Willum]
Gen 7:7
The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Bible seems to say Noah was a good guy.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

jeremiah1five
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by jeremiah1five »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Willum]
Gen 7:7
The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Bible seems to say Noah was a good guy.
If I may...
"Good guy" does not mean holy or sinless, at least not from the perspective of man in TIME.
But from God's Eternal perspective, God contemplated His Elect as holy and sinless, and righteous, etc., for that is the ONLY WAY God can contemplate His Elect people, a people whose names are written by God in the 'book' of life of the lamb slain from [BEFORE] the foundation (creation) of the world. (Rev. 13:8)

In other words...before God created heaven, earth, and man He contemplated a people in His Mind in Trinity and THEN He set about to create heaven, earth, and man.

All God is doing is preparing bodies to go with those names in the 'book' of life of the lamb slain....

And to the OP...Noah was not a 'Nephilim.' Nephilim is the generation(s) of people that were born to the Covenant male human sons of God and the non-Covenant female human daughters of men. The word means "bully/ies." And these unlawful, without law children grew up with no parenting thus no restrictions - and maybe it was a plot from the disobedient people who separated themselves from God and gathered together in the land before the flood. Leaders/dictators of foreign nations have and will continue to do that still. It's called ethnic cleansing but twisted. It was possibly an attempt to "soil" the godly Sethian line who remained obedient and in Covenant with God.
BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY: Where Bible and Christian Meet

Willum
Savant

Post #7

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 5 by Wootah]

So the premise of the OP is that a Nephilim replaced God's chosen person with his own evil family and himself, and re-wrote history, according to what he wanted it to say.

Thus quoting the Bible is pretty useless, since Noah is the only real source for all history before him.

This seems to make more sense than Noah being a good person, because look at us all.