Isn't Noah's the only true bloodline?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

Isn't Noah's the only true bloodline?

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Since everyone is derived from Noah and his four sons, (that must have been a happy family with a lot of love,) what is the point of the generations before him?

I mean everything and everyone came from him right?
He could have made everything up before then, right?

At this nexus in history, how does anyone have any reliability that what came from him and his four sons was true?
Only one kept records, right? Before there was writing?

Isn't Noah the true Adam? and everything prior, a pointless exercise?
and why not at this point, just have started over instead of maintaining the horror wrought in the Garden? is God an idiot?

FWI
Sage

Post #41

Post by FWI »

[Replying to post 40 by Willum]

If, you would have read my post #37 close enough, you would know that I claimed that the translators of the O.T. (from Hebrew to English), purposely used the word "unicorn" in the translation of the KJV of the bible.

But, they didn't translate the Hebrew word (H7214), which is defined as a wild bull into a mythical horse (we should give them some credit). They used what they believed a unicorn was: a wild bull with a single horn or a rhinoceros. I supplied the truth, yet you just can't admit that you were wrong. This is common among the anti-religious.

So, yes. I will continue to defend the truth against fantasy.

Willum
Savant

Post #42

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 41 by FWI]

I am sorry, if you would read my post, you would see that I, and approximately 4 billion other people don't care about your apologetic arguments.

You believe in a book that sites unicorns. Christianity believed in unicorns until the middle ages, you can check this out, by looking at the sale of oryx horns in the Middle ages. Then, when it was discovered that they don't exist, people started making excuses, very like your own to excuse why the Bible, the Book of Ultimate Truth, made such a mistake.

Don't worry, it is only one among many.
Talking donkeys, satyrs, invisible spirits who can mate with humans - despite the genetics difference.

Many of these chronicled by Noah and sons, the only survivors of the Flood.
You acknowledge Noah was a flawed human right?

Isn't it more likely he screwed the pooch in recording history? and that everything before him is entirely suspect?
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

FWI
Sage

Post #43

Post by FWI »

[Replying to post 42 by Willum]
Willum wrote:I am sorry, if you would read my post, you would see that I, and approximately 4 billion other people don't care about your apologetic arguments.

Well, I'm not so sure about the four billion people you claim don't care about what is truth, but it sure seems that you could be doubted, related to it. This is evident from your continued animosity towards the facts related to the application of the several definitions for unicorn. So, most (maybe the 4 billion others) would also wonder why you think that thought-out the last fifteen hundred years, there exists only one definition for the English word: unicorn.
Willum wrote:Christianity believed in unicorns until the middle ages, you can check this out, by looking at the sale of oryx horns in the Middle Ages.

Interesting, you are now admitting that modern Christianity doesn't "only" believe in your understanding of what a unicorn is and why the word is in the bible. You also haven't supplied any real proof that the ancient Israelites or early Christians accepted your definition, as the only one. Yet, you are suggesting that through-out the Middle Ages, people bought Oryx horns. So! This has nothing to do with your definition of a unicorn. The Oryx is a medium-sized antelope, which has two horns, not one and exist today, yet isn't labeled as a unicorn. Thus, your attempt to "credibly" discredit the bible is getting thinner and thinner.
Willum wrote:Talking donkeys, satyrs, invisible spirits who can mate with humans - despite the genetics difference.

Firstly, the term "satyrs" has absolutely no relationship between this pagan concept and any passage in the bible. Also, there was no mating of humans and spirit beings as you and others seem to believe. The bible makes it clear that only the physical can mate, not spirit beings. As far as, a talking donkey (singular or single instance), the donkey didn't talk, it just seemed like it did to Balaam…This same type of occurrence was also related to a burning bush and Moses. The powers of God and the powers He gives to His spirit beings, is beyond the understandings of most individuals.
Willum wrote:You acknowledge Noah was a flawed human right?

I'll refrain from judging Noah. However, I will reference what the bible claims about him. Before the flood: "Noah was a just man (righteous) and perfect (flawless) in his "generations," he walked with God." And after: "Noah became drunk and became uncovered. He also cursed certain members of his family." Yet, he still walk with God…

Thanks, for allowing me the opportunity to introduce the truth, relating to why the word unicorn is in the KJV of the bible.

Willum
Savant

Post #44

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 43 by FWI]

It would have been much more readable for you to say:
"Except for the following non-germane points, I completely agree with what you say."

I mean things like criticizing easy ways to keyword information, is not really a useful dissension.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Isn't Noah's the only true bloodline?

Post #45

Post by Goat »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Willum wrote:
His ark seems incredible, in fact impossible.

What specifically do you see as impossible about the ark?
because of the size, and the fact that it was made from wood, it would not be able to be sea worthy.. That is point one. Point 2, it could not hold as many kinds of animals that exist, with enough food to provide for them.. In addition, if it rained that much, there would be so much heat and pressure that the water on earth would boil.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Isn't Noah's the only true bloodline?

Post #46

Post by Goat »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to Willum]

The flood narrative is global. Firc instance, Google Chinese characters and you will see that the flood narrative is embedded in their characters.

Arent there fossils of fish on top of the Himalayas?

In the end however it is all based on trusting the eyewitness of others. But that is how history works.
There is a verified alternative explanation for the fossils. There is this thing known as 'plate tectonics ' , and we have the instruments to actually measure it going on to this very day.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella