For I am confused

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

scorpia
Sage

For I am confused

Post #1

Post by scorpia »

This relates to this post and considering it I'd just like to show my confusion on the topic, regarding a situation;

Okay, there was a man who was walking down the street when he came across a group of police around some crime scene. Walking closer and asking what had happened, he was informed a guy in a car was either killed or committed suicide (I can't remember which) after he had slept with a 13 year old girl. The man was infuriated at this news saying what a sick person he must have been then kicked the corpse in the car, and generally showing how much he hated people who do that. But then a cop spoke up, saying the dead guy was 14.

Was it wrong for the man to get infuriated? Should the man continue to be infuriated? What would you do?
'Belief is never giving up.'- Random footy adverisement.

Sometimes even a wise man is wrong. Sometimes even a fool is right.

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: For I am confused

Post #2

Post by Goat »

scorpia wrote:This relates to this post and considering it I'd just like to show my confusion on the topic, regarding a situation;

Okay, there was a man who was walking down the street when he came across a group of police around some crime scene. Walking closer and asking what had happened, he was informed a guy in a car was either killed or committed suicide (I can't remember which) after he had slept with a 13 year old girl. The man was infuriated at this news saying what a sick person he must have been then kicked the corpse in the car, and generally showing how much he hated people who do that. But then a cop spoke up, saying the dead guy was 14.

Was it wrong for the man to get infuriated? Should the man continue to be infuriated? What would you do?
There is a difference between two youths exploring their sexuality, and an adult manipulating someone's innocence. One big grey area in our society is when teenagers go from being a child to being an adult. Biologically, a person is physically ready, with all the biological urges of an adult long before they are ready from the standpoint of responsilbity and emotional stability.

Confused
Site Supporter

Re: For I am confused

Post #3

Post by Confused »

scorpia wrote:This relates to this post and considering it I'd just like to show my confusion on the topic, regarding a situation;

Honest, I would probably had reacted the same initally. So while I know scripture says one shouldn't act on anger, the reality is that most of us who have children would have immediately considered that the girl could have been our daughter. Now upon finding out the boy was only 14, I think in such a case I would likely be embarrassed and tearful at the waste of a life.
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein