Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1001

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 999 by TSGracchus]

I don't believe there is any "perhaps" about it, the meek, Jesus assured us WILL inherit the earth.

God has promised to bless those ones, so no more famine, war, sickness or suffering... an earth free of tears of grief. All Jehovah's Witnesses hold this promise dear.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #1002

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to post 996 by onewithhim]
I agree that many (if not MOST) "followers" of Jesus ignore most of what he said. In fact, may I be so bold as to say that the ones who insist that he meant to literally eat his flesh and drink his blood are the ones who ignore just about everything else he taught.
Like what? Seriously? Please provide a few specific examples of those who take Jesus’ words, “This is my body� literally ignore what He said. Thank you. If you, like you say, are being bold then by all means enlighten us.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1003

Post by onewithhim »

TSGracchus wrote: [Replying to post 998 by onewithhim]

onewithhim: "TSGracchus, Your response would be welcomed. It is a beautiful day to think positive things. Let's think about the beauty that lies ahead for people on this planet."

For most alive now, what lies ahead is horror, pain, plague, famine, and war. A remnant may ... may ... survive and their descendants may come to see beauty in the desolation. Perhaps the species will survive, if it can learn lessons from our greed, hubris, and the unquenchable thirst for control. Our fate as a species is in our own hands. We seem to be bent on self-destruction.

But, perhaps there will be pie in the sky by-and-by when we die.

:study:

There will be destruction, but only of the wicked. God is making sure that everyone has had a warning of what is to come and why. That's why JWs go out into the community and knock on doors. The horror, pain, plague, famine and war are happening NOW, and have been happening in unprecedented ways since the beginning of the 20th century (1914).

Mankind cannot rectify this mess. You are absolutely right---the human race is bent on self-destruction, because there are evil people running the show. The Bible says that Satan is ruling the world, so how could anything really get better? There are always people who don't mind working for him. (I John 5:19)

I don't go along with "pie in the sky" when we die. Our Creator's purpose in the beginning was that humans would live on the earth forever, not go to heaven. And Jesus said that there would be those who would never die. I believe he was talking about our generation.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1004

[Replying to post 1001 by RightReason]

I thjnk the topic of The Eucharist would deraille the thread. The OP is dealing with the subject of paradise on earth.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

polonius
Prodigy

Post #1005

Post by polonius »

onewithhim posted:
The Bible says that Satan is ruling the world, so how could anything really get better? There are always people who don't mind working for him. (I John 5:19)
Why do you believe this is true?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1006

Post by onewithhim »

polonius wrote: onewithhim posted:
The Bible says that Satan is ruling the world, so how could anything really get better? There are always people who don't mind working for him. (I John 5:19)
Because the Bible says it is true. I have great respect for the Bible, though most people, I fear, think it is out of date.

"We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one." (I John 5:19, NIV)

Satan plainly stated that fact at Luke 4:5-7 where he said to Jesus: "'I will give you all their [the kingdoms of the world] authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours.'" (NIV)

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #1007

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to post 1003 by JehovahsWitness]
I thjnk the topic of The Eucharist would deraille the thread. The OP is dealing with the subject of paradise on earth.
I understand. I also know she has me on ignore and would not respond, but seriously a comment like that? How convenient to throw a sling like that and then hide from having to actually support it. That isn't bold -- it's cowardly and crummy.

TSGracchus
Scholar

Post #1008

Post by TSGracchus »

onewithhim wrote:
Because the Bible says it is true. I have great respect for the Bible, though most people, I fear, think it is out of date.

"We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one." (I John 5:19, NIV)

Satan plainly stated that fact at Luke 4:5-7 where he said to Jesus: "'I will give you all their [the kingdoms of the world] authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours.'" (NIV)
So then, Satan has been given power over the world! Who gave him that power? If God gave him the power and Jesus is God, then he already had the power and couldn't really be tempted.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1009

TSGracchus wrote:

So then, Satan has been given power over the world! Who gave him that power? If God gave him the power and Jesus is God, then he already had the power and couldn't really be tempted.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are not trinitarians, we do not believe Jesus is Almighty God. Satan is the God of this world and has indeed been permitted to become such by JEHOVAH (YHWH) who is Almighty God, The Father.

Very soon we believe Satan's system will be destroyed and this our planet earth will be restored to its original paradise (garden like) condition.

JW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1010

Post by onewithhim »

TSGracchus wrote:
onewithhim wrote:

Jehovah, the Father, whom Jesus called "the ONLY true God" (John 17:3), has allowed Satan to prove his challenge that he (Satan) could get every human to curse God if those humans were made to suffer in some way. It is only fair, as many angels and even humans would certainly wonder if Satan could prove that. On top of that, if mankind was allowed to rule itself (without Jehovah's interference) and could rule successfully, he could then show that Jehovah wouldn't be the best Ruler of the universe. So this situation has been going on for thousands of years, but it is really a blip on the face of eternity.

As Jehovah'sWitness said, we do not believe that Jesus is God. We believe that the Bible does not teach that.