Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic
ElCodeMonkey
First Post
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:03 pm  Would Jesus Support Republican or Democratic Values More? Reply with quote

I would argue that the Democratic policies focus on the well-being of the poor and the oppressed. As such, I believe Jesus would be more in favor of Democratic values than that of the Republicans which focus more on guns and military while being entirely calloused to the plight of the poor and tend toward discrimination of others not like them.
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 51: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Like this post
ElCodeMonkey wrote:

This is a rather interesting TED Talk about left vs right. The graph he shows might help add to the idea of which Jesus might prefer although we may still disagree Smile

YouTube

Good and interesting video. I think there's something to what he is saying. Not sure though, I agree on every point. For instance, when he suggests that our moral consciousness is "designed by evolution...thusly" . From a Theistic standpoint, I see morality as emenating from the Creator. Yes, moral consciousness may evolve (we all condemn slavery, nowadays, for example) but I view this as a Spiritual evolution, not simply as an adaptive biological or sociological one. I do believe there is a God at work in our moral (and I would say) our Spiritual leaders, though I think we may disagree as to who exactly those good leaders are. (no, I do not view Trump as a Spiritual or moral leader. Wink )

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 52: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 am

Like this post
I was awaiting further response to the previous post (not just the video), but if you're done, we can be done. Both sides suck in the end, but I still feel like the right is too focused on guns, anti-immigration/refuge, and cutting support for the poor. Those 3 seem entirely opposite Jesus. Both sides suck at their implementation and they go too far, but one side actually cares for others while the other seems focused on self.

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Facebook | Twitter