Civil. Respectful. Intelligent. Thoughtful. Challenging.

Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:00 pm
Did Jesus Die a Virgin ...?

Like this post
Jesus' propagandists don't give us this detail.

So - as with a number of things - it becomes necessary to find what you want to find by using fancy words like "exegesis" and "hermeneutics".

Those who WANT him to have kept his loincloth on find:

However, as Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant, he gave a new identity and purpose to celibacy (Mt 19:12). For Jesus, it was not a sign of barrenness but of mission (cf. 1 Cor 7). We know that Jesus consecrated his entire self in love to God the Father and dedicated himself wholly to the mission of spreading God’s kingdom. http://themiscellany.org/2017/07/11/why-was-jesus-celibate/

Those who WANT him to have had a sex life find:

Given ancient Jewish marital custom, it is simply unlikely that Jesus was unmarried, and he probably was assigned a wife long before he became an itinerant preacher and met up with male and female disciples on the road. I just find it hard to believe that this wandering rabbi and his gang of 12 surely horny men were unmarried and celibate. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-monroe/jesus-sex-life-on-the-down-low_b_516...

Did Jesus die a virgin ...?

Can one CHOOSE what one WANTS to be true ...?

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:40 pm

Like this post
Which view deifies Christ? Surely the first and not the second.

I personally can't think of a worse human being than Jesus if he was just a man.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:07 am

Like this post
Wootah wrote:

So you hold the first not because you can present any evidence for it, but simply because it supports the view you hold. This degree of honest is most helpful and appreciated.

Quote:

I personally can't think of a worse human being than Jesus if he was just a man.

You might very well be right. Jesus, the worst human that has ever lived. Another honest admission few of his followers ever make.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 4: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Like this post
Tcg wrote:

Wootah wrote:

So you hold the first not because you can present any evidence for it, but simply because it supports the view you hold. This degree of honest is most helpful and appreciated.

Quote:

You might very well be right. Jesus, the worst human that has ever lived. Another honest admission few of his followers ever make.

To be fair to me you are asking me to present evidence of a negative. If Jesus had sex then the onus is on the positive claim to show evidence. Correct?

I'm definitely in the Lord liar lunatic camp. If Jesus is not God then what an awful mind virus he created.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:26 am

Like this post
Wootah wrote:

Tcg wrote:

Wootah wrote:

Quote:

To be fair to me you are asking me to present evidence of a negative.

I didn't ask you to present anything. I agreed with your conclusion and praised you for your honesty.

Goto top, bottom

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter