Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Should Paul curse people?

Post #1

Post by marco »

Here is Paul speaking with menace:

Galatians 1: 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God's curse! 10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God.

It seems to me he's obviously trying to win over people, not God, though that might be a secondary motive.

Does Paul have the right to call down curses on people who don't go along with his version of things?

Paul later informs his listeners that he got his message from Jesus. Is his word sufficient? And why?

07-07-07
Banned
Banned

Post #41

Post by 07-07-07 »

otseng wrote:
07-07-07 wrote: Secondly, you are a carnally-minded unbeliever, so the Bible is confusion to you.
:warning: Moderator Warning

It is against the rules to make negative comments about other posters.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

I agree with Jesus, so cancel my subscription on this evil message board. You people attack the Bible in such an evil way, but we believers can't use what the Bible says about you evil hypocrites! Therefore, I shake the very dust of your wicked message board off of my feet as a witness against you.

Jesus said:

Matthew 10
[14] And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
[15] Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.