Did Jesus go to hell for calling someone a fool?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

polonius
Prodigy

Did Jesus go to hell for calling someone a fool?

Post #1

Post by polonius »

(Matthew 5:22) - (Jesus said) "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

Matthew 23:17 You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the sanctuary that has made the gold sacred?

Did Jesus go to fiery hell for that that remark?

EBA
Apprentice

Re: Did Jesus go to hell for calling someone a fool?

Post #2

Post by EBA »

polonius wrote: (Matthew 5:22) - (Jesus said) "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

Matthew 23:17 You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the sanctuary that has made the gold sacred?

Hell is a myth, so I'm going to say NO.

Filthy Tugboat
Guru

Post #3

Post by Filthy Tugboat »

polonius wrote: (Matthew 5:22) - (Jesus said) "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

Jesus was not speaking to his brother.
Religion feels to me a little like a Nigerian Prince scam. The "offer" is illegitimate, the "request" is unreasonable and the source is dubious, in fact, Nigeria doesn't even have a royal family.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ttruscott »

If you think word games are important be advised that the words are different in these two verses though the meaning is similar... If He had said this to an elect instead of a reprobate then you might have a point.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.