Post by EBA »

Tell me, what is "The Good News?"

Peace be to all.

EBA
Apprentice

Re: What is "The Good News?"

Post #311

Post by EBA »

myth-one.com wrote:And those whose names are written in the Book of Life will be allowed to eat from the Tree of Life and live forever -- thanks to the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ.
Yes, do you know what they are eating?
myth-one.com wrote:By "Savior of the world," do you mean that the entire world will or must be saved?

Absolutely!

1 Timothy 4
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
These things command and teach. (1 Timothy 4:10-11)

Do you teach that? You should.

Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
And all flesh shall see the salvation of God. (Luke 3:5-5)
EBA wrote:Christ most certainly is the lake of fire:

1Co 3:13-15
Every man's work shall be made manifest:for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as BY FIRE.

myth-one.com wrote:That's your proof that Christ is the lake of fire?
Partially, but in truth I provided it to see if you might relate what I’m saying to:
he himself shall be saved; yet so as BY FIRE.

I don’t think you did.

No one verse proves anything, yet, Christians will build whole doctrines on one verse which is a spiritual “no no.�

-no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. (2 Peter 1:20)

and:

-that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
(Matt. 18:16)

So providing one scripture (witness) and then an opinion, creates a false witness.

Line upon line, precept upon precept and God willing, is what brings us to the understanding that Christ is the lake of fire.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. (Hebrews 1:7)
myth-one.com wrote:Are nonbelievers going to be cast into Christ?
You pose this question as if you don’t understand who Christ is.

Knowing who and what Christ is helps to understand just how this work
s.

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. (Romans 12:5)

For the body is not one member, but many. (1 Corinthians 12:14)

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. (John 14:20)
myth-one.com wrote:And is the devil going to be tormented for ever and ever in Christ?
Not for ever and ever; that’s a term found in fairy tales and has no business in Holy scripture.

Peace.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #312

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote:By "Savior of the world," do you mean that the entire world will or must be saved?
EBA wrote:Absolutely!

Do you teach that? You should.
But if the entire world is going to be saved regardless, then there is absolutely no reason for anyone to preach anything!
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. (Matthew 7:13-14)
It is difficult to place a number or percentage on many and few -- but it certainly would not be 100%.

Christ will save "whosoever." That is not necessarily everyone.
myth-one.com wrote:That's your proof that Christ is the lake of fire?
EBA wrote: Partially, but in truth I provided it to see if you might relate what I’m saying to:

he himself shall be saved; yet so as BY FIRE.

I don’t think you did.
I didn't.
myth-one.com wrote:Are nonbelievers going to be cast into Christ?
EBA wrote: You pose this question as if you don’t understand who Christ is.

Knowing who and what Christ is helps to understand just how this works.
Your claim was that Christ is the lake of fire.

And nonbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire.

Therefore, by simple substitution, I asked you if nonbelievers will be cast into Christ.
EBA wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:And is the devil going to be tormented for ever and ever in Christ?
Not for ever and ever; that’s a term found in fairy tales and has no business in Holy scripture.
OK, let't use everlasting, eternally, or forever. :D

EBA
Apprentice

Post #313

Post by EBA »

myth-one.com wrote:But if the entire world is going to be saved regardless, then there is absolutely no reason for anyone to preach anything!

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Rev 20:6)
myth-one.com wrote:Christ will save "whosoever." That is not necessarily everyone.
Yes everyone:

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (1 Timothy 4:10)

Did you notice there's something special for those that believe? That something special would be taking part in the first resurrection. But make no mistake about it God is the Saviour of all men.

-the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. (1 John 4:14)

The Father sent Christ to save the world; do you really think he will fail to save the whole world? Most of Christianity does.

That’s is why I say most Christians do not believe in Christ.

These are Christians Christ is speaking of when he says:

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.(Mat 7:22-23)
myth-one.com wrote:Your claim was that Christ is the lake of fire.

And nonbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire.

Therefore, by simple substitution, I asked you if nonbelievers will be cast into Christ.
And the simple answer is yes.
myth-one.com wrote:OK, let't use everlasting, eternally, or forever.
Let’s not, none of those words can be used to translate "aionas ton aionon."

Peace.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #314

Post by myth-one.com »

EBA wrote:Absolutely!
To be saved, one must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts 16:30-31 wrote:. . . Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, . . .

If the entire world will be saved as you claim, then the entire world will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour.
EBA wrote:For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. (1 Timothy 4:10)

Did you notice there's something special for those that believe? That something special would be taking part in the first resurrection. But make no mistake about it God is the Saviour of all men.
If all the world will be saved, then all will become believers.

And since all believe, all would be treated as "special."