Palm Sunday

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Palm Sunday

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]â—� Zech 9:9 . . Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; He is just and endowed with salvation, humble, and mounted on a donkey, even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

That prediction shows up in Matt 21:1-11 and John 12:12-16.

Palm Sunday is one of my very favorite Bible events because its date was predicted many years prior in the ninth chapter of Daniel; and so precise is the prediction that anybody with the mathematical wherewithal in that day could've figured it out.

However, we really need to question the event. Did Daniel's and Zechariah's predictions come true in real life or is it all just story-book fiction? Can it be proven beyond even a shadow of sensible doubt that Matt 21:1-11 and John 12:12-16 are historically true, factual, and reliable?
_
[/font]

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Palm Sunday

Post #2

Post by WebersHome »

[font=Verdana]Every so often I get asked how I know that my religion is right. My answer is: I don't know if it's right. Then of course they want to know why I believe in my religion if I don't know whether it's right.

That's a fair inquiry. Most of the people who ask me those kinds of questions are genuine; they're not trying to trip me up and make a fool out of me. They are honestly curious. So I tell them, in so many words, that though I don't know if my religion is right, my instincts tell me it is; in other words: I cannot shake the conviction that it's right.

"I have never seen what to me seemed an atom of truth that there is a future life, and yet, I am strongly inclined to expect one."
[/font][font=Georgia](Mark Twain)[/font]

[font=Verdana]Twain logically concluded that there is no afterlife, but his instincts did not agree with his thinking; and I dare not criticize him for that because even my own religion requires that I believe in my heart rather then only in my head.

"For with the heart one believes, and is declared innocent" (Rom 10:10)

Why do people believe what they believe? Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Bahá'í, Hare Krishna, Jehovah's Witness, Mormon, Catholic, Baptist, Judaism, Voodoo, Wiccan, Jain, Druze, Native American, etc, etc, etc. The answer? Because it grips their heart-- the core of their being --which is very different than persuading someone with logic and reasoning.

People brought into a religion by logic and reasoning can just as easily be taken away by logic and reasoning. But someone whose heart is gripped by their religion, is not so easily removed.

So, when people believe the Gospel's claim that a Jesus Christ's crucified dead body was restored to life in spite of all the world's reason and logic to the contrary; they can take comfort in knowing that their religion is not supposed to make sense.

"Unto the Greeks, foolishness." (1Cor 1:23)

"My speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom . . that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men." (1Cor 2:4-5)
_
[/font]