PRETERISM

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

before time

PRETERISM

Post #1

Post by before time »

Greetings

Preterism the "new frontier" for the most part is outside of Creedle middle age theology. The popular view among Christians.

Essentially there are two camps of preterism for those not familiar with its standing I.e. Partial and full Preterism. The critical difference of concern is PP regard FP heretical mainly because FP believe the second coming of Christ and the resurrection mention in the NT was fulfilled in the first century. And so making it history to us. However this is not suggesting in any way no afterlife following our sojourn here on earth in that understanding.

Since there is nothing new under the sun I thought putting the subject matter of preterism to rest if one can prove the concept wrong. Which I doubt.

I suppose the key in the concept of this "izm" is the word "when". Or when will these things be/happen. To get a grip on Matthew chapter 24 I believe first reading chapter 23. In my estimation. Since there should not be a separation between the two chapters.

Matthew 24:24:1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.

2 "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; everyone will be thrown down."

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

As I see it preteristic theology makes sense compared to systematic theology. The interesting part I believe it is not the last word on the matter. And surely there are many out there that will challenge it tooth and nail. So the door is open to a friendly interchange. It is not a salvation matter,

Thanks for reading

Kind Regards

Larry

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

Hi Larry

Welcome to the forum.

Please expand on this aspect of your theology as I do not quite understand what exactly it is you are trying to convey...but it sounds interesting....

Thanks

William