Genetics and Adam and Eve

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

amortalman
Site Supporter

Genetics and Adam and Eve

Post #1

Post by amortalman »

I began to wonder about this after reading a post by rikuoamero wherein he made mention of it. It sounded like a worthy subject to explore.

So the question for debate is:

Does genetics disprove a literal Adam and Eve?

alexxcJRO
Guru

Re: Genetics and Adam and Eve

Post #81

Post by alexxcJRO »

EarthScienceguy wrote: So people that try to discredit Jeanson's work are not saying that some of the 63 homogenic mutations are false readings but they are trying to say that they are all false readings. That seems more than far fetched to me. There would have to be some documented evidence indicating that all of the 63 homogenic mutations are false readings.
Nonsensical irrelevant ramblings devoid of any logic and accuracy. :-s :shock: :?

Q: Why are you boring me again with more misrepresentations, straw-mans and lies, huh?:-s

Sir i did not make the argument that all 63 variations are false readings. Please stop.
You only are embarrassing yourself.

My argument was that he can't be sure of his 63 number. Therefore he cannot make calculations with this number. Therefore his rate goes out the window. 8-)
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"
"Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer."

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #82

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to post 78 by alexxcJRO]

Yes, so how many of those 63 are not. Are you saying all of them?

Genet found 60 in his 193 sample.

To come up with a 6.4E-8 mutation per year. Would mean finding only 1 mutation per 100,000 samples. That is not even close to what we find.

It is also interesting that Genet found that mutations have increased over the 5000 years. That is exactly what creationist would predict going from extremely long life spans to shorter life spans.

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #83

Post by alexxcJRO »

EarthScienceguy wrote: [Replying to post 78 by alexxcJRO]

Yes, so how many of those 63 are not. Are you saying all of them?

Genet found 60 in his 193 sample.
This post reeks of extreme desperation. :)

It's funny how you try so hard to lead me into an argument.

Again my argument is that he can't be sure of his 63 number because of the 3 scenarios i presented. Therefore he cannot make calculations with this number. Therefore his rate goes out the window.

He did not account for the three scenarios because he does not want to follow the evidence where it leads(honest approach), but forces the evidence to fit his preconceived ideas(dishonest approach). His belief in an unfalsifiable claim(“by definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record.�) proves further his irrationality and dishonesty.

It's clear he is a joke and not a real scientist. 8-)
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
"God is a insignificant nobody. He is so unimportant that no one would even know he exists if evolution had not made possible for animals capable of abstract thought to exist and invent him"

EarthScienceguy
Guru

Post #84

Post by EarthScienceguy »

[Replying to alexxcJRO]
Again my argument is that he can't be sure of his 63 number because of the 3 scenarios i presented. Therefore he cannot make calculations with this number. Therefore his rate goes out the window.
Fine, how many of the 63 do you think are?

He did not account for the three scenarios because he does not want to follow the evidence where it leads(honest approach), but forces the evidence to fit his preconceived ideas(dishonest approach). His belief in an unfalsifiable claim(“by definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the scriptural record.�) proves further his irrationality and dishonesty.
Do you think 2?

Ok, let's do the math on 2. 2/298 = 5.03E-3 take that number and divide by 25 for the number of generations. 2.01E-4 mutations per year. divide this by the number mutations 2 and you get about 10,000 years.

The number of mutations in not the problem it what these mutations are compared to is the issue. Jeanson compared the number of mutations to the number generations.

Genet compared mathematically masaged number of mutations to points in archeology that the phylogenetic tree is supposedly aligns to. Genet still could not use an actual number of mutations. He had to use the "Relation between Overall � Values and the Synonymous � Proportion" which came out to an asymptote at 0.4794.

You will love this!!!

Do you know he still could not use the generation method and had to compare this masaged number of mutations? I know you are dying to know. Let's do the math.

0.4794/193 (his sample) = 2.48E-3 divide this by 25. = 9.94E-5 mutations/year.

Now we do need to take 0.4794 and multiply by 2 to so we have at least one mutations. = 0.9588/9.94E-5 = 9646 years!!!! That's right 10,000 years again!!!!!

Genetics tells us that man has not been around longer that 10,000 years.
And not just man but every animal that has been studied in this manner has shown the same thing.

So unless you have some mathematical proof contrary to the calculations above. The discussion is over.

alexxcJRO
Guru

Post #85

Post by alexxcJRO »

EarthScienceguy wrote: [Replying to alexxcJRO]
Fine, how many of the 63 do you think are?

Do you think 2?

Ok, let's do the math on 2. 2/298 = 5.03E-3 take that number and divide by 25 for the number of generations. 2.01E-4 mutations per year. divide this by the number mutations 2 and you get about 10,000 years.

The number of mutations in not the problem it what these mutations are compared to is the issue. Jeanson compared the number of mutations to the number generations.

Genet compared mathematically masaged number of mutations to points in archeology that the phylogenetic tree is supposedly aligns to. Genet still could not use an actual number of mutations. He had to use the "Relation between Overall � Values and the Synonymous � Proportion" which came out to an asymptote at 0.4794.

You will love this!!!

Do you know he still could not use the generation method and had to compare this masaged number of mutations? I know you are dying to know. Let's do the math.

0.4794/193 (his sample) = 2.48E-3 divide this by 25. = 9.94E-5 mutations/year.

Now we do need to take 0.4794 and multiply by 2 to so we have at least one mutations. = 0.9588/9.94E-5 = 9646 years!!!! That's right 10,000 years again!!!!!

Genetics tells us that man has not been around longer that 10,000 years.
And not just man but every animal that has been studied in this manner has shown the same thing.

So unless you have some mathematical proof contrary to the calculations above. The discussion is over.
Boring me with irrelevant nonsense. :-s :shock: :?

I hope you know everything you posted does not refute my argument which shows the sloppy work of Jeanson. How he is a joke of a scientist.

Nothing you posted refutes the fact that he can't be sure of his 63 number. Therefore his rate goes out the window. Therefore he is a joke.

It's clear he fudged the numbers to get to his biblical age. 8-)

Also there is plenty evidence that goes against your nonsensical ramblings, against YEC.

Plenty hominid and modern human fossils older then 5000/10000 years.
Plenty evidence against an young Earth.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_ ... t_creation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_h ... on_fossils

John Bauer
Apprentice

Post #86

Post by John Bauer »

amortalman wrote: Does genetics disprove a literal Adam and Eve?
No, it does not.

However, what it does disprove is the belief that they were (1) the first human beings and (2) the sole progenitors of all human beings. But that hardly rules out their existence.

Tcg
Savant

Post #87

Post by Tcg »

John Bauer wrote:
amortalman wrote: Does genetics disprove a literal Adam and Eve?
No, it does not.

However, what it does disprove is the belief that they were (1) the first human beings and (2) the sole progenitors of all human beings. But that hardly rules out their existence.

You make an interesting point. What is left, however, of a literal Adam and Eve given that both your points are accurate?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

John Bauer
Apprentice

Post #88

Post by John Bauer »

Tcg wrote: You make an interesting point. What is left, however, of a literal Adam and Eve given that both your points are accurate?
Quite a lot, actually. But all of their significance is entirely religious, pertaining to redemptive history. They have nothing to do with the origins of our species.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #89

Post by rikuoamero »

John Bauer wrote:
Tcg wrote: You make an interesting point. What is left, however, of a literal Adam and Eve given that both your points are accurate?
Quite a lot, actually. But all of their significance is entirely religious, pertaining to redemptive history. They have nothing to do with the origins of our species.
Them being the supposed first humans ever, our common ancestors, and of them having disobeyed God is pretty much the sum total of their characters. If one erases all of that...just who or what are you talking about then? What is redemption history?
It's like saying Adolf Hitler is still important in terms of being one of the most influential persons of the 20th century...but one disagrees that he was the leader of Germany. So who are you talking about then if not the Fuhrer?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

John Bauer
Apprentice

Post #90

Post by John Bauer »

rikuoamero wrote:
John Bauer wrote:
Them being the supposed first humans ever, our common ancestors, and of them having disobeyed God is pretty much the sum total of their characters. If one erases all of that...just who or what are you talking about then? What is redemption history? (...)
Well, no, that is not "pretty much the sum total of their characters." Those who understand biblical Christianity [1] or at least have made a study of the Bible at one time or another know very well that there's a great deal more to them—especially Adam. For just a quick example, there are profound theological implications in Romans 5 and 1 Corinthians 15. One could develop a long expositional sermon series on just this Adam and Christ motif alone and its far-reaching consequences for the doctrine of the gospel.

-- John Bauer

Footnotes:

[1] The expression "biblical Christianity" here is meant to distinguish a theological system from the cultural Christianity so evident in the modern West, which is extraordinarily light on theology and doctrine (to put it politely).