No Longer Panentheist, but Christian

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

No Longer Panentheist, but Christian

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

I am no longer a panentheist, but an orthodox Christian.

God is not impersonal or the universe itself. Nor is the universe an extension of a transcendent God. Rather, God is entirely transcendent, not in any way co-extensive with the world. He has no ontological partners but is radically Alone and Self-Sufficient. The world is a creation of God and not part of the Creator, who is Blessed Forever and HOLY, set apart.

I was born and raised in sin. But now, I believe that by the Blood of Christ I am cleansed, regenerated and justified. I was bought at the cost of Christ's Death by which I can enjoy peace with my Father and Creator. I believe with my heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the grave and that he sits now at the right hand of his Father interceding for us. I believe he has conquered Death, which is not natural, and that he will return at an unknown time in the future.

I am a new Christian but I have known about the details of Christianity for a long time. I could no longer live with myself and my own ideas about who or what God is, and have accepted that my own ideas are inadequate and cannot give me peace.

I wish to be healed more and more by God's regenerating Spirit within me.

I believe furthermore that this world is indeed a Good Creation by a Good God, that it is really good, and not a mistake or a phantasmagoria.

I have faith, in spite of my flaws, that God will lead me into all truth. And I cannot by my own strength contribute to my salvation. Jesus Christ indeed paid it all. I believe he paid it all for all of humanity. Everyone will be saved at the end of time. That is my belief.

I would like to fellowship with other Christians and grow in knowledge of God. Though, being a universalist, some may not think I am a true Christian. But that is who I am.

Amen.