HITLER and TRUMP

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

HITLER and TRUMP

Post #1

Post by 2Dbunk »

"The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William Shirer reveals the history of Adoph Hitler’s efforts in a very, very negative way. But there are some (small amount?) who disagree. Likewise the Holocaust deniers claim that history was distorted by the victor’s claims of gross genocide. Most rational people that I know agree with the former – that Nazism is highly unethical!

I’m in the process of reading "Bonhoeffer" (published in 2011) and find that Eric Metaxas confirms much, if not all, of Shirer’s history. What's most disturbing is that many passages in the text show Hitler’s chaotic politics, mannerisms, and untruthfulness could be attributed to Donald Trump (just reverse their names).

Bonhoeffer was a theologian in Germany who was basically a fundamentalist (the established churches of the 1920s and 30s he found superficial when it came to celebrating the spirit of Jesus). Bonhoeffer quickly became disillusioned with Hitler’s manipulation of those main stream churches and the dictator's disdain for everything Christian while providing lip service to it so as to maintain his “religious� demeanor with the common folk (or he would not have survived in politics, duh).

I ask if anyone cares to debate the Donald’s intentions in making America great again in a (subtle?) but parallel way of Hitler’s efforts to make Germany great again? For that matter one might even throw in Trump’s parroting of Putin’s making Russia great again (Trump does seem to have an affinity for dictators – he even said he wouldn’t mind the opportunity to try that role).

One other question for debate: Why are evangelical Republicans and some Democrats lapping up his chaotic, untruthful soup? With all the indictments docketed the “swamp� seems to be getting deeper -- and thicker.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Re: HITLER and TRUMP

Post #41

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 38 by Danmark]
Those who are opposed to abortion are infamous for not carrying about human life once it emerges from its life support system. The same people who are 'anti abortion' vote overwhelmingly against universal health care and aid to children. Their hypocrisy is noted. Thus their self proclaimed 'pro-life' moniker is inaccurate.

Truer words have rarely been spoken!! Support for struggling families and their babes have not been on the plate of conservatives (evangelicals) for decades. It is hypocrisy raised to the power of inanity. The above quoted last sentence ". . . moniker is inaccurate." should be ". . . moniker is hilariously inane." It is like the famous Inspector Clouseau giving the benefit of the doubt to the blind monkey grinder "I didn't see anything." The one indictment follows the other with rare hindsight.
What good is truth if its value is not more than unproven, handed-down faith?

One believes things because one is conditioned to believe them. -Aldous Huxley

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

justme2
Apprentice

trump's goal

Post #42

Post by justme2 »

I believe trump believes the only sure way to stay in office in 2020 is for the USA to be at war since no President has ever lost an election during war time.

Believe me, if Trump believes he can stay in office if we are at war, he will get us in a war; does Iran come to mind?
:study:

Danmark
Site Supporter

Re: trump's goal

Post #43

Post by Danmark »

justme2 wrote: I believe trump believes the only sure way to stay in office in 2020 is for the USA to be at war since no President has ever lost an election during war time.

Believe me, if Trump believes he can stay in office if we are at war, he will get us in a war; does Iran come to mind?
:study:
Scary thought.
I'm afraid there is too much truth to this. Picking John Bolton, a man who never met a war he didn't like, was a first clue. More than anything else, I think Trump is deranged or otherwise suffers some dementia related to his giant ego and sociopathy. IOW, I don't disagree with your premise, but I don't know how well thought out this is, if true. He's more of an instinctual sociopath, than a calculating one. Over all, he makes me think of some colossally ignorant, loud mouthed right wing boob sitting on a barstool shouting cliche inanities that his fellow right wing drunks appreciate.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #44

Post by justme2 »

Danmark wrote:.,.,.,.,. Over all, he makes me think of some colossally ignorant, loud mouthed right wing boob sitting on a barstool shouting cliche inanities that his fellow right wing drunks appreciate.
That makes two (2) of us.
8-)

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #45

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 41 by justme2]
I believe trump believes the only sure way to stay in office in 2020 is for the USA to be at war since no President has ever lost an election during war time.

Exactly my sentiments! If Republicans have learned anything, it is the War Survival Symbiosis (WSS). Take a lesson from the Bush/Cheney bullying of Iraq (not that Hussein had it coming), but the war ensured Bush II of re-election. The results of that, so far, has been an historic thumbs down!

Trump, as thick as he is, is well aware of the strategy of war-time's wondrous spinoffs of profits and the re-stocking of VA hospital bed occupancies.

Sounds cynical but give it some thought. Trump is more than capable of such action.

Fear within the Religious will always be with them ... as long as they are fearful of death.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #46

Post by Danmark »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 41 by justme2]

Exactly my sentiments! If Republicans have learned anything, it is the War Survival Symbiosis (WSS). Take a lesson from the Bush/Cheney bullying of Iraq (not that Hussein had it coming), but the war ensured Bush II of re-election. The results of that, so far, has been an historic thumbs down!

Trump, as thick as he is, is well aware of the strategy of war-time's wondrous spinoffs of profits and the re-stocking of VA hospital bed occupancies.

Sounds cynical but give it some thought. Trump is more than capable of such action.
No where has anyone pointed to evidence Drumpf has ANY moral core. He has consistently made racist statements, encouraged bullying at his rallies, encouraged violence and actions that have resulted in deaths to immigrant children. He is now encouraging provocations of war with Iran.

Yet 'Christian' Republican voters continue to support him. Shouldn't Christianity make a difference in one's life, in one's moral position, in one's politics?

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 45 by Danmark]
No where has anyone pointed to evidence Drumpf has ANY moral core. He has consistently made racist statements, encouraged bullying at his rallies, encouraged violence and actions that have resulted in deaths to immigrant children. He is now encouraging provocations of war with Iran.

Yet 'Christian' Republican voters continue to support him. Shouldn't Christianity make a difference in one's life, in one's moral position, in one's politics?

It is curious that no one is speaking-up in the defense of Trump's pious prowess. I wonder how many theists will vote for him again in 2020. I say: dump him out on the street ASAP so that the courts of the land can pick at his flab -- maybe justice will finally prevail!

Cynical am I? Have you read the Mueller Report?

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #48

Post by Danmark »

2Dbunk wrote: [Replying to post 45 by Danmark]

It is curious that no one is speaking-up in the defense of Trump's pious prowess. I wonder how many theists will vote for him again in 2020. I say: dump him out on the street ASAP so that the courts of the land can pick at his flab -- maybe justice will finally prevail!

Cynical am I? Have you read the Mueller Report?
Agreed and yes, I've read key portions of the report. It is amazing to me that he and his followers make such contra factual claims about what it says. Obviously they have not read it. Its actual text makes his obstruction of justice crystal clear as well as the many efforts of Trump and his team to use the Russians to affect the 2016 election. Most amazing is that apparently many Congress folk have not read it.

2Dbunk
Site Supporter

Post #49

Post by 2Dbunk »

[Replying to post 47 by Danmark]
Agreed and yes, I've read key portions of the report. It is amazing to me that he and his followers make such contra factual claims about what it says. Obviously they have not read it. Its actual text makes his obstruction of justice crystal clear as well as the many efforts of Trump and his team to use the Russians to affect the 2016 election. Most amazing is that apparently many Congress folk have not read it.
Legislators and most Americans won't read it until it is presented in such a way that they must sit up and take notice!

Suggestion to the Dems: borrow a page from Trump's book of tactics and re-play his Trumpisms in the countdown to the 2020 election. Better yet, re-play them side-by-side with the Mueller Report's comment and analysis of same. And, for maximum affect, slowly release them one-at-a-time, just like the Russians did with the stolen Democratic emails in the 2016 election. That may catch the electorates' eyes, and in doing so, the salient facts of the Mueller Report will then be read alongside Trump's foreign adversary love letters and tweets.

I wonder how he would react to the tables being turned (can he take it as well as he dished "alternate facts" out)? And these controlled releases will not be alternate facts but will be his own musings -- in color.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Re: HITLER and TRUMP

Post #50

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 25 by Danmark]

Let me step into the fray. Just to remind people, just so it's in their mind when reading my reply, I am Irish, in Ireland, I am atheist and as such have no way to actually vote in US elections, nor would I be accused of holding Christian beliefs.
He has NOTHING in common with true Christianity.
I strongly disagree with this part, the "True Christianity" part. Danmark, you and I are atheists. I have gone on record and I would be very surprised if you hadn't, as saying that there is no such thing as "True Christianity", that if one person who calls themselves Christian says of another person that they aren't Christian (even if Person B says they are) that Person A has no grounds to stand on when saying such.
Who are you to say Trump has nothing in common with true christianity? Do you define what True Christianity is, and if a person who doesn't call themselves a Christian fails to line up with that, then they're not a Christian?
public Christians focus on their 'cheerleading issues, such as being gay and condemning a woman's right to control her own body.
Christians, at least those who are anti-abortion, frame it as protecting the rights of the unborn. I happen to agree with them on a moral level. However, I would vote for it to be legal.
To them, these issues are more important than lying, stealing, hypocrisy, and adultery.
I can understand why. If one goes through with an abortion, one has, in their eyes, killed a person. This would be far worse than lying, stealing, hypocrisy and adultery. So I can understand Elijah John's stance on this matter when it comes to picking the lesser of two evils.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense