The pursuit of knowledge and truth, through God, through science, through civil and engaging debate

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic
William
First Post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 pm  Musing On The Mother Reply with quote

Musing On The Mother

{Thinking to myself}

"I wonder why folk have to argue and cannot get along and just see how we all need to work together to make this planet wholesome?"

{Pokes at the fire with staff}

"We humans are like these sparks reaching for the heavenly ones. We need some kind of poke to get us activated."

{A wolf howls in the distance}

"We are all here experiencing this planet in this universe. Yet for reasons not entirely clear, we are distracted by our arguments. Hindered by them, even to the death."

{Places another branch on the fire.}

"Perhaps the fear of our situation would be too much to bear if we learned how to focus upon it, and so we distract ourselves..."
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 11: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Like this post
I finish my second helping of stew and then gather the utensils and place them in a basin of water from the Crystal River.

Settling back I then reach into my pocket and fetch my pipe, feeling it's smoothness in my palm, rubbing my thumb on the the inlaid Pāua shell catching the light of the campfire - a symbol of a tornado my Brother Tawodi had chosen to shape from the shell when he handcrafted the pipe as a gift for me. It had been in my possession for many years now...I wonder where Tawodi is now. I have not seen him since the day he gifted me the pipe.

Cullum is obviously relaxed and content. He sips liquid from a flask and leans back from the fire. I let The Silence flow over our situation...we can talk more once that has had its effect.

A wolf howls...the moon is a splendid slice in the heavens - like an eye peeking in on the scene below it...

I sigh contentedly...

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 12: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Like this post
After many minutes enjoying the silence I turn toward Cullum;

Manu Iti: I sometimes follow a custom which involves my singing a song after eating and before egress into good conversation.
Are you okay with hearing me sing a song Cullum?

The fire crackles and a burning branch falls to the bottom, causing a myriad of embers to burst forth into the air, merging with the darkness above...

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 13: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Like this post
Sitting back, I take in the various sounds around me: some animal skittering far off among the leaves, the knock of utensils as Manu Iti puts them in a container, the soothing crackle of the fire. My mind drifts to a folk song my wife loves to sing and does beautifully at that. Her voice danced through my thoughts, calling joy even further into the open. Funny enough ("or is it really?," I think to myself), Manu Iti then offers to sing a song after his custom.

Callum: I would like that very much.

I turn my attention to Manu Iti in anticipation, thankful that I stumbled upon his camp tonight.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 14: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:40 am

Like this post
I am glad that Cullum accepted my offer of customary song. His enthusiasm spurs me on. I enjoy singing but prefer to have an instrument accompany...perhaps as nothing more than a prop to help evade the natural shyness acapella often induces...
I stand and turn to face Callum, his face lit by the fire-light - a wide smile of appreciation clearly visible from him, encouraging me on...

Manu Iti: :The Mother has laid upon my heart to sing this song which she inspired me to write many years ago...see if you can identify Her within the words Cullum.
I named the song "Dreams Of A Fallen Angel"

I take a deep breath and begin...

With an iron fist around the heart of the Earth
With a bitter twist on the minds of men
With a frightening list of every human birth
With a flick of the wrist - It could be over by then...

From the poison words off a bitter tongue
To the voice unheard upon a crowded street
Strong and absurd - "Thy Will Be Done"
What has occurred to the throne at your feet?

A wolf in the distance howls...perhaps he hears me and is accompanying me...I continue...

From the softly said to the soulful sigh
Of the voice in the head of the sovereign Lord
From the broken bread to the question "why?"
As the answer bleed from the wound of the sword

From the satisfied looks to the expressions of panic
All the time that it took was a blink of an eye
In consulting the book on how to capture a planet
You just find a good hook - and you take up the cry...

Oooohhhh....

The sound of my voice carries into the still night as I 'ooh' the melody of the song...

And if I held my breath for eternity
If I chose to rest - would it matter to you?
If I took that test - would I cease to be
I can only guess - but what would that prove?

With my feet in the mud - and my thoughts on the Earth
For the sake of a hug - would you break my heart?
For this flesh and this blood and this pain and this birth
Could you show me your love...or would it tear me apart?

By the Angel Knights and the Waiting Ladies
The Dragons sight was thus restored
On that crimson night - no more hidden dangers
As the wrong and the right were both ignored

And on that coming day - which ended that world
How the fearful prayed while the peaceful slept
How the price was paid for that most valuable pearl
Shared by all ...who forgive ... with no regret...

Oooohhhh....

At the end - I feel joyous. It is a blessing to be able to sing - and more so to sing songs one has been inspired to write. I feel elated.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 15: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:54 am

Like this post
Manu Iti's voice is a pleasant sound to my ears and my imagination takes off at the words. A history of human abdication to take care of the earth and each other, first from ancient stories and then reluctantly upon my own bitterness and even more bitter silences. Then Jesus comes into thought at "Thy Will Be Done." I am enjoying the flow of this song and the accompanying howl seems to fit right in. Then, a mix of our sub-human cruelty and Jesus' great love. The rescuing kingdom He brings. And the melody brings in a more holy stillness as the thoughts continue to turn over each other. I then feel a pull to let go of my analytical mind and enjoy the song for its beauty, lingering still a moment after the singing is done. Eventually, I break the silence.

Callum: That was beautiful.

I pause to collect my words

Callum: It feels so deep in meaning, that I would not be able to grasp it all on a hundred hearings, much less the first one. Initially, though I see human cruelties juxtaposed with the answer being forgiveness. Perhaps that forgiveness is where the Mother resides? Where do you see the Mother?

Goto top, bottom

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter