The Millennium, the 1000 years of Revelation 20...

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The Millennium, the 1000 years of Revelation 20...

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

This thread stems from the following exchange between myself and Pinseeker:

PinSeeker wrote:

The millennium of Revelation 20 is not a future event. It was when Jeremiah prophesied, obviously, but is not anymore. Or, to be more exacting, it's no longer merely a future event.

Checkpoint asked:

Then why do so many believers think of it as yet future only?

Pinseeker explained:

For at least two reasons, I think:

1. A basic misunderstanding of Revelation as a whole, and the Millennium of chapter 20 included.

2. Many believers (primarily western believers) have bought into the heresy of the "rapture," which came about in the early 19th century. It's not that they are heretics, it's just that that's all they've ever been exposed to.
That's one take from one school of thought.

Your take may be similar or be completely different.

Please share it here, and tell us why you hold that position.

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: The Millennium, the 1000 years of Revelation 20...

Post #271

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to post 265 by JehovahsWitness]

Are you asking "What do you mean "Jesus was the Word" are you saying that before Jesus was Jesus he {qoute} "was THE WORD"? When was Jesus THE WORD?"

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #272

Post by JehovahsWitness »

myth-one.com wrote: [Replying to post 265 by JehovahsWitness]

Are you asking "What do you mean "Jesus was the Word" are you saying that before Jesus was Jesus he {qoute} "was THE WORD"? When was Jesus THE WORD?"

Yes that is my question.

In was under the impression you were saying that they were two different beings.
1) Being #1 (Jesus) a flesh and blood being, that only existed for 30 or so years. And now no longer exists.

2) Being #2 The WORD (an immortal spirit being - not to be confused or mixed with #1 (a different being that existed since time immemorial)

So why are you saying that Jesus (being #1) was (... as in "used to be") The WORD .."the word made flesh"? What could this mean? I did think you meant the immortal spiritual being was made into a flesh and blood human, but apparently that's not what you believe "The word made flesh" means. So I am still confused as to what you mean when you say

..."Jesus" (the flesh and blood being) "was the word" (the immortal spirit being)".... made flesh".

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #273

Post by Checkpoint »

myth-one.com wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
[Replying to post 243 by Checkpoint]
In a previous post, Checkpoint wrote:The man Christ Jesus continues to sit at the right hand of his Father, mediating on the throne of grace, still existing as Jesus Christ.

One of his many names is the Word of God.

One person, alive forever, in one resurrected body, which he said was "flesh and bones".
You're still OK with a flesh and bones man over 2,000 years old sitting at the right hand of God for all eternity?
Where, specifically, in the NT, does it plainly say otherwise?
No one composed of flesh and blood can inherit the Kingdom of God:
And as we have borne the image of the earthy (physical bodied mankind), we shall also bear the image of the heavenly (God and the angels). Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;... (I Corinthians 15:49-50)
Your quotes did not successfully answer my question.

Jesus said "flesh and bones", whereas the verses say "flesh and blood".

In our mortal soulish unresurrected body our life is in our blood.

In our immortal spiritual resurrection body our life is in Jesus; he who has the Son has life.

We will then bear the image of the heavenly, the man from heaven.

Grace and peace to you, myth-one.
But they were terrified and affrightened, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:37-39)
Jesus had His disciples feel His flesh and bones to prove that He was a man, and not a spirit.

One cannot feel His blood.

Would you prefer that He also slit His wrist so they could feel His blood?

The verse in First Corinthians obviously states that a physical bodied man cannot inherit the Kingdom of God:
And as we have borne the image of the earthy (physical bodied mankind), we shall also bear the image of the heavenly (God and the angels). Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;... (I Corinthians 15:49-50)[/size]
=======================================================================

These New Testament verses do indeed plainly state that physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

You're grasping at straws.
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (John 3:5-7)
Man lives in a water, physical world.

If flesh and blood can inherit the Kingdom of God, there would be no reason for man to be born again of the Spirit to inherit the Kingdom of God!!!!
It seems you are saying Jesus was resurrected in a physical flesh and blood body.

When then, if at all, was he resurrected with a spiritual body?

Grace and peace.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #274

Post by myth-one.com »

[Replying to post 268 by JehovahsWitness]
The Word is an immortal spiritual body.

For about 33 years of that immortality, the man Jesus Christ existed also.

Both existed during that 33 years.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #275

Post by myth-one.com »

Checkpoint wrote:It seems you are saying Jesus was resurrected in a physical flesh and blood body.
That is what Jesus said, and I believe Him:
But they were terrified and affrightened, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Luke 24:37-39)
Checkpoint wrote:When then, if at all, was he resurrected with a spiritual body?
If He accepted His inheritance of everlasting spiritual life, then He could not also offer it to all mankind as a free gift.

He can't do both!

So He was never resurrected with a spiritual body.

He had one awaiting His return.

That of the Word.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #276

Post by JehovahsWitness »

myth-one.com wrote: [Replying to post 268 by JehovahsWitness]

And did both (two) exist after the 33 years? If not which of the two no longer exists?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #277

Post by Checkpoint »

Is God the Father also "an immortal spiritual body"?

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #278

Post by Checkpoint »

myth-one.com wrote:
Checkpoint wrote:It seems you are saying Jesus was resurrected in a physical flesh and blood body.
That is what Jesus said, and I believe Him:
Checkpoint wrote:When then, if at all, was he resurrected with a spiritual body?
If He accepted His inheritance of everlasting spiritual life, then He could not also offer it to all mankind as a free gift.

He can't do both!

So He was never resurrected with a spiritual body.

He had one awaiting His return.

That of the Word.
Unlike all his followers, huh?

That's what you say; I prefer what Paul says.
1 Corinthians 15:

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.
22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?�

42 The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;
43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;

44 it is sown a soulish body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a soulish body, there is also a spiritual body.

45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living soul�; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
46 The spiritual did not come first, but the soulish, and after that the spiritual.

47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.
48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven.
49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we g bear the image of the heavenly man.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #279

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote:

And did both (two) exist after the 33 years? If not which of the two no longer exists?
The physical bodied one.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #280

Post by myth-one.com »

Checkpoint wrote:

Is God the Father also "an immortal spiritual body"?
Yes.