Fruits of the spirit hacks?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

kcplusdc@yahoo.com
Apprentice

Fruits of the spirit hacks?

Post #1

Post by kcplusdc@yahoo.com »

Fortunately you dont have to believe in God to know what the fruits of the spirit are, pretty much standard hardware for most people.
So with that in mind i would like to hear from both sides about any tricks of the trade you may use to manifest the fruits of the spirit.
For example, its not alwats easy to love sometimes you got to work at it. What do you find that works to help love a long?
Or patients, how do you snap yourself out of wanting to tell the car in front of you to move the freak over? (Slow down, speed up, ect)
Or perhaps your patented technique for gratefully and joyously embracing yet another Monday.
Hopefully you get the idea.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to General Chat.

Moderator actions indicate that a thread/post has been locked, moved, merged, or split.

Tcg
Savant

Re: Fruits of the spirit hacks?

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 1 by kcplusdc@yahoo.com]

If you are referring to the fruit of the Spirit mentioned in Galatians 5, then you need to recognize the fact that fruit, as mentioned in Galatians 5, is singular.

If you are referring to fruits of the Spirit, plural, then I'd suggest you document your source of this concept as it clearly isn't from Galatians 5.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

kcplusdc@yahoo.com
Apprentice

No problem

Post #4

Post by kcplusdc@yahoo.com »

I can clarify what i meant.
The fruit of the Holy Spirt is mentioned in Galatians, it somes up nine attributes or human characteristics that may indicate said conection.
As i would like to hear from both sides, if so inclined, I was using a more general term, fruits of the spirit, in an attempt to lump love, joy, peace... into one label. (Apologize for being lazy.)
Anyway, here is a tip that i find fruitful when it comes to manifesting some of the fruits of the list of nine....
I try to see that there is (in a way) no me. I am part of this universe, and without me, it is not this universe. We are all one. The way i treat you will eventually be felt by me down the line.
Action is interconnected between everyone.
Its not black and white unite, its black and white are united, and always have been.
Incorporating a more expansive view of self helps me not take life so personally. It disconnects my ego, which for me is helpful.