How is the eternal Trinity NOT a pantheon..

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

How is the eternal Trinity NOT a pantheon..

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

It is orthodox Christian doctrine that the Trinity has always existed (even before Creation) as one God in three distinct persons. Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

All well and good. And fair enough. But how can you have it both ways, one God in three Persons? Three Persons, fine. One God with no distinctions, fine. But how can it be one and three, or three in one?

Please try to avoid "it's a Divine mystery" type answers. That would seem a bit of a cop-out.

How is a Trinity of Divine Persons, NOT a trinity of Gods? Pagans also have familial pantheons, with parent gods and offspring. How is the Christian Trinity any different? How is the Christian Trinity, not a pantheon of Gods?
Last edited by Elijah John on Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by ttruscott »

Elijah John wrote:Is it that the Trinity is asexual, no Goddess involved in the creation of offspring, in this case the Son?
Son is a human concept to give us sphere of, as sense of, relationship, not ontological.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

William
Savant

Post #22

Post by William »

@

Elijah John: Is it that the Trinity is asexual, no Goddess involved in the creation of offspring, in this case the Son?

ttruscott: Son is a human concept to give us sphere of, as sense of, relationship, not ontological.

William: For me, I see The Holy Ghost as The Mother-'figure'...it stands to reason if there is a Father and a Son, then there will also be the Wife/Mother.

It Sits Well.

It is also why She is Invisible and Secretive and not to be trifled with...in the sense of ignoring Her completely...

...that's what I think about it anyways...

But also, there doesn't seems to be anyone else left to bring us all together...in agreement...

If any aspect of "The Godhead" should be well appreciated and befriended, it is Her...Not just The Father and The Son.