Two Men and a Bird

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

Two Men and a Bird

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Two representations of how two different cultures imagine "God".

To me, all gods are imaginary in the great big game of Pretend called religion.

But as we're arguing for and against Christianity here, can anyone demonstrate that the Christian depiction of "God" is any less a product of human imagination than the Hindu depiction of "God"?

Or, like me, do you recognise that they are never shown to be anything OTHER than imaginary …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

SallyF
Guru

Post #11

Post by SallyF »

Wootah wrote: [Replying to post 7 by SallyF]

I prefer the more realistic modern images from TCG and SallyF. I prefer realism in general in my art. It reminds me that Christianity is not a white person's religion AT ALL.
"REALISTIC" …!!!

Wow … so YOU know what "God" REALLY looks like …!

But, because it seems to me that "God" can be just whatever believers IMAGINE "God" to be, EVERYONE who believes in ANY version of "God" knows what "God" looks like …

Even those who imagine "God" as some sort of poetic, abstract, philosophical, transcendent concept that exists inside their own heads.

Or those that conceive of "God" existing beyond human conception.

It's why New Atheists like me see believers as playing a game of make-believe …

And we perceive NO realism in ANYONE'S depiction of "God".

Wootah
Savant

Post #12

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to SallyF]

I can't see how my post warrants your response to be honest.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Willum
Savant

Re: Two Men and a Bird

Post #13

Post by Willum »

Tcg wrote: [Replying to post 1 by SallyF]

Here is a scientific approach to what one of the god's would have looked like:

Not surprisingly, most theists aren't fond of this image. They seem to prefer the imaginary.

Tcg
Both sides forget that HISTORY texts, when they dare to do so, state Jesus' father was a Greek soldier named Panderia. So Jesus may very well have looked Greek.
I will never understand how someone who claims to know the ultimate truth, of God, believes they deserve respect, when they cannot distinguish it from a fairy-tale.

You know, science and logic are hard: Religion and fairy tales might be more your speed.

To continue to argue for the Hebrew invention of God is actually an insult to the very concept of a God. - Divine Insight

SallyF
Guru

Post #14

Post by SallyF »

Here is how certain Egyptians imagined "God".

This version of "God" is far, far older than the biblical version of "God"

The very best that can be offered for the Yahweh/Jehovah deity is about 1,400 years before Jesus burst onto the planet of his creation through the uterus of the Blessed Virgin Mary. And Yahweh is possibly not even Jewish …!

If a single male, In-the-Beginning, Garden-Walking, Planet-Flooding, deity of any name WAS God with a capital G there would ALWAYS have been such a version of God in the imaginations of humans.

Humans imagined "God" in many, many ways before anyone imagined the biblical Yahweh/Jehovah.

The biblical version of "God" is not God.

Not a soul here (or anywhere else I know of) has demonstrated in any way that the Two Men and a Bird version of "God" is any less imaginary than the presentations of "God" from other cultures shown here.

In my arguments against Christianity, I posit that the Christian versions of "God" are nothing more than imaginary.