Genesis - The Beginning.

Creationism, Evolution, and other science issues

Moderator: Moderators

seve
Under Probation

Genesis - The Beginning.

Post #1

Post by seve »

Energy doesn't appear physically except when it's changed into physical matter. It took scientists thousands of years before Albert Einstein confirmed God's Holy Word with his theory of relativity.

Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the WorldS (multiverse) were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Einstein learned the SAME thing. He learned that matter and energy were the same. In order to make matter, it takes energy to produce matter in physical form. Then, you will have things which are seen, but made from things which do not appear to the eye.

WHERE did the energy to make 3 Universes or Multiverse come from, you might ask. Below is the answer for it tells us where God lives:

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Can any one here who believe that Genesis is only figurative and not LITERAL tells us HOW Moses or other ancient men, who lived thousands of years before science, authored the the Book of Genesis... and knew that (theory of relativity)? Of course not. It took men thousands of years before Albert Einstein discovered that Scientific Fact, correct?

It's PROOF of our Awesome God

Clownboat
Savant

Post #71

Post by Clownboat »

:-({|= ....Okay, bye...Have a good day..... Btw, I could careless about your opinion or what you think about my post. Sorry.
You mean that you couldn't care less. If you could care less about my opinions, that means you do care about them now.

What you are trying to say is that I have an opinion and you care so little about it that you could not possibly care less.

Be well.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #72

Post by Clownboat »

seve wrote: According to the Holy Bible...

Unbelievers CANNOT understand Scripture because they don't have the Holy Spirit to guide them into God's Truth. 1Co 2:14

Here's one of my favorites....

Mat 7:5 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

[center]:thumb:[/center]
Your words are demonstrably false.
What you fail to account for is that I still have the Holy Spirit and still have the ability to speak in tongues.

I have also read the book from cover to cover. Ironically, that is what started my de-conversion. I was able to understand scripture and in fact, still can.

Sorry, but your words are false.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

elijahpne
Student

Re: Genesis - The Beginning.

Post #73

Post by elijahpne »

[Replying to post 4 by DrNoGods]

From my own experience, I would say: "One can believe the Bible and, at the same time, believe in the notion of the Big Bang." There are scientists who do. In fact, the Big Bang Theory was one of the greatest gift Science has endowed in support of the Bible. One notable example of those scientists is astronomer Robert Jastrow. In 1978, with reference to The Big Bang, he wrote:

"Now we see how the astronomical evidence leads to a biblical view of the origin of the world. The details differ, but the essential elements in the astronomical and biblical accounts of Genesis are the same: the chain of events leading to man commenced suddenly and sharply at a definite moment in time, in a flash of light and energy." - God and the Astronomers (New York, 1978) https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes ... rt_Jastrow

Note the phrase, "the astronomical evidence leads to a biblical origin of the world". The Biblical origin of the world, which he was referring to, is as stated in the very first verse of the Bible, Genesis 1:1: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Scientists used to believe that the universe has always existed, i.e., no beginning. One such belief was championed by the Steady State Theory but this was discredited by the Big Bang Theory which specifically states that the universe did have a beginning.

Please, before you go dismissing such biblical personalities as Noah and Adam, note that Jesus traced his fleshly lineage from them (Luke 3:23-38). And Jesus is the most historical person that has ever existed. For one thing, Western calendars in use today is reckoned from the supposed date of his birth. No other individual can claim to that honour.

The reference work The Historians' History of the Word observed: "The historical result of [Jesus'] activities was more momentous, even from a strictly secular standpoint, than the deeds of any other character of history. A new era, recognised by the chief civilisations of the world, dates from his birth." Yes, think about it. Even calendars today are based on the year that Jesus was thought to have been born. "Dates before that year are listed as B.C., or before Christ," explains The World Book Encyclopedia. "Dates after that year are listed as A.D., or anno Domini (in the year of our Lord)."

If Jesus is historical, so are Noah and Adam. Even Moses as well.

Even famous people such as Einstein believes Jesus' historicity. He asserted:

"I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene." When asked if he viewed Jesus as a historical person, he responded: "Unquestionably! No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life." - Wikipedia, Religious and Philosophical Views of Albert Einstein https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio ... t_Einstein

Even ancient historians did not deny his existence:

TACITUS (c. 56-120 C.E., or Common Era) Tacitus is considered to be one of the greatest of the ancient Roman historians. His Annals deal with the Roman Empire from 14 C.E. to 68 C.E. (Jesus died in 33 C.E.) Tacitus wrote that when a great fire devastated Rome in 64 C.E., Emperor Nero was considered responsible. But Tacitus wrote that Nero accused the Christians in order to "scotch the rumour." Then Tacitus said: "Christus, the founder of the name [Christian], had undergone the death penalty in the reign of Tiberius, by sentence of the procurator Pontius Pilatus." - Annals, XV, 44

I, could, then have good reason to assert: Science and the Scriptures are two branches of the same tree - truth. Or as Freeman Dyson said:

"Science and religion are two windows that people look through trying to understand the big universe outside." - https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Freeman_Dyson

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein https://www.theguardian.com/science/200 ... e.religion
Last edited by elijahpne on Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #74

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 73 by elijahpne]
Even ancient historians did not deny his existence:

The question is not whether this person existed historically ... I'm not arguing that point. The question is whether or not this person "rose from the dead" and was the "son of God" (the Christian god, specifically, as opposed to the thousands of other gods humans have invented). There's no evidence of that at all ... it is just another religious myth that for some reason caught on in a big way.

As for the existence of people living to 900+ years such as Adam, Noah, etc. that is biologically impossible and did not happen. These people supposedly existed a measly 6000-7000 (or so) years ago according to biblical chronology. That would make then anatomically modern humans in every way, and modern humans cannot live to 900+ years (or even 200+ years). We know the world was not covered by water to levels above the highest mountains a mere 4500 years ago. This can be disproved from nearly every scientific angle, and has. Noah's flood is clearly a myth.

Many of these biblical stories can be shown to be false when taken literally. The fact that calendars may use the birth of Jesus as a reference point has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not this person was a deity, or the 'son of God." It just means a lot of people adopted a religion based on that idea, and those people were able to decide the structure of a calendar system. Tying the Big Bang to the biblical creation myth is just a convenient way to try and support the creation myth because it implies a beginning.

And what some famous scientist may have said about religion is meaningless unless they were able to do experiments or provide observations and analysis that supports their views. It is absolutely irrelevant what any famous scientist, dead or alive, thinks about gods or religion. Those are personal opinions. Theists bring up these kinds of arguments continuously, as if the personal opinion of a famous scientist is some kind of confirmation that their beliefs on religion are correct. Science works from observations, measurements, empirical evidence, etc., not opinions.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain

seve
Under Probation

Post #75

Post by seve »

Seve wrote:Dear Readers,

I have waited in Vain for just One Godless Evol to produce evidence of How and When we changed from animal to Human Intelligence. No one has. Evolution is a Failed Theory. Quit teaching that we Evolved our Human Intelligence Naturally, since it is Nothing more than a False Assumption by Godless Men.

The weakness, which destroys this FLAWED Theory of Evolution, is that Mindless Nature produced today’s highly intelligent Humans. With NO evidence of How or When we changed from animal to Human, these speculators falsely assume that we must have Evolved our Human intelligence, along with our physical bodies from Apes.

In order to support their incorrect, incomplete and speculative idea of ToE, Evols call names, filter, misrepresent true science and will attempt to discredit God's Truth, and Creationists, in any way they can including accusing you of preaching when you are not - it is like something a very hot stuff that can burn them to hell - like a DRY RUN. :sweat:
Dear Readers,

Science and Evols have refused to believe the Scripture and many Scientists and Evols live in DARKNESS and IGNORANCE because of it. Genesis tells us WHEN and HOW the Big Bang happened,... and WHEN and HOW every living creature came forth from the water,.... and WHEN and HOW to make humans thru Birthing Process and Multiply WITHIN ITS OWN KIND, along with the Fact that we live in a MULTIVERSE and not a Universe.

Instead of trying to disprove God, Science should be looking for the agreement of it's discoveries with God's Holy Word. So far, I have found NONE of the discoveries of Science and History which do NOT agree with Genesis.

Again, just in case...... does ANYBODY here have any EVIDENCE to support the CLAIM of HOW and WHEN - APE BECAME HUMAN - that can be presented to us? NO? Come on…NOTHING?… REALLY?…NADA?…. ZIP?.... NONE YET?

Oh well, I thought so.... as expected.... Have a good day..

[center] :thumb: [/center]

otseng
Savant

Post #76

Post by otseng »

seve wrote:
Again, just in case...... does ANYBODY here have any EVIDENCE to support the CLAIM of HOW and WHEN - APE BECAME HUMAN - that can be presented to us? NO? Come on…NOTHING?… REALLY?…NADA?…. ZIP?.... NONE YET?
Oh well, I thought so.... as expected....
:warning: Moderator Warning

The tone of your post is not conducive for civil debate.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #77

Post by Diagoras »

elijahpne wrote:Please, before you go dismissing such biblical personalities as Noah and Adam, note that Jesus traced his fleshly lineage from them (Luke 3:23-38). And Jesus is the most historical person that has ever existed. For one thing, Western calendars in use today is reckoned from the supposed date of his birth. No other individual can claim to that honour.
That’s one day a year. Julius and Augustus Caesar both have an entire month named after them.

And Thor, Freya and Wodan (Odin) all have their own days of the week.

By that logic, the Norse god of war is fifty two times more ‘historical’ than Jesus.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #78

Post by benchwarmer »

elijahpne wrote: And Jesus is the most historical person that has ever existed. For one thing, Western calendars in use today is reckoned from the supposed date of his birth. No other individual can claim to that honour.
I suggest a brief perusal of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_calendars

Jesus is hardly the most historical person that has ever existed. The actual historical material that exists for Jesus is so scant that some scholars are now questioning if Jesus even existed. I'm not saying I believe that, but the argument is rather compelling.

There is more historical evidence for me than for Jesus and I'm hardly anyone of note. There are official birth records, baptism records, school records, photos, newspaper articles, online activity (like this post), social security number, bank records, mortgage contracts, licensing documents, etc, etc. Just because there is no religion named after me (yet! :P ) doesn't make me less historical, just less popular.

Willum
Savant

Post #79

Post by Willum »

I love your armchair physics, it shows the sharp relief of your armchair religion.

God did not create the universe from energy.
God did not create the universe.

According to Genesis he created the Earth and its locality, and wrong.

The universe existed as matter in a hot dense state, quit unlike matter as we know it, matter without time, but matter none-the-less.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #80

Post by Diagoras »

[Replying to post 78 by benchwarmer]
There is more historical evidence for me than for Jesus and I'm hardly anyone of note. There are official birth records, baptism records, school records,...
To be fair to Jesus, it wouldn’t have made sense for him to get baptised, so you can hardly expect him to have had a record of that event.

;)