Civil Debates on Christianity and Religions


Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:17 pm
Reply
Invite "professional" apologists and theologians t

Like this post
I'd love to see some Christians with degrees in theology and experience in apologetics, especially well-known people who have published books and engaged in formal debates, come to the forum to discuss and debate issues related to Christianity. Is it possible to attract such Christians to the forum? Inviting them would be a great boon to the forum, in my opinion.

Having well-known atheists and skeptics come to this forum would be really cool too.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:25 pm
Reply

Like this post
Sounds good to me.

How about if some people can get a well-known skeptic to debate here, I'll then approach a well-known Christian to debate him?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:08 pm
Reply

Like this post
otseng wrote:

Sounds good to me.

How about if some people can get a well-known skeptic to debate here, I'll then approach a well-known Christian to debate him?


Well, I can try Dan Barker or Matt Dillahunty as the skeptic. Can you try William Lane Craig, Frank Turek or John Lennox as the Christian apologist? I'd like a debate in which the members here can participate.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 4: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:41 pm
Reply

Like this post
I'd rather invite the skeptic and apologist to debate head-to-head. I think that way they'd be more willing to participate. Most popular apologists are too busy to participate in anything else. However, we could perhaps open it up to a few questions from the audience at the end.

Any topics we should suggest for them to debate on?

As for list of apologists, I'll reach out to the below list. Even though it's a little dated, it is still a good list.
https://apologetics315.com/2009/06/100-christian-apologists/

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:18 am
Reply

Like this post
otseng wrote:

I'd rather invite the skeptic and apologist to debate head-to-head. I think that way they'd be more willing to participate. Most popular apologists are too busy to participate in anything else. However, we could perhaps open it up to a few questions from the audience at the end.


A Q&A would be good, and we members here could always cite the debate or critique it on other threads.

Quote:
Any topics we should suggest for them to debate on?


We could have the debaters argue for and against the existence of the Christian god, but I'm open to other issues in apologetics.

Quote:
As for list of apologists, I'll reach out to the below list. Even though it's a little dated, it is still a good list.
https://apologetics315.com/2009/06/100-christian-apologists/


I see Kyle Butt on your list. I've emailed him and have spoken to him on the phone. I can ask him if either he or somebody he knows can debate on the Christian side. He may even know an atheist who can argue against him.

I'll get back to you.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   


Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

 




On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Igloo   |  Lo-Fi Version