Which Democrat candidate is the best spokesperson for

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Which Democrat candidate is the best spokesperson for

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

The question for debate is all in the title of this topic.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

bluegreenearth
Guru

Re: Which Democrat candidate is the best spokesperson for

Post #2

Post by bluegreenearth »

[Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

The 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution effectively prohibits the government and its representatives from endorsing or prohibiting religious belief over non-belief. Additionally, there shall be no religious test for office. As such, the question of which Democrat candidate is the best spokesperson for Christianity is irrelevant. The real question is which Democrat candidate will keep church and state separate.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #3

Post by Elijah John »

bluegreenearth wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]

The 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution effectively prohibits the government and its representatives from endorsing or prohibiting religious belief over non-belief. Additionally, there shall be no religious test for office. As such, the question of which Democrat candidate is the best spokesperson for Christianity is irrelevant. The real question is which Democrat candidate will keep church and state separate.
Did you weigh in on the "Is support for Trump contrary to Christian Values?" thread? That one got a lot of responses. So let me rephrase the OP a bit, to make it a converse to Danmarks thread. If the separation of Church and State applies here, it should apply there as well. But remember, this is the Politics and Religion forum, so both topics are appropriate, and should not be subject to dodges as it seems you have done with this one. Yes, in government separation of Church and State is imperative. In a debating forum, such questions are fair game. If support for President Trump is held to a Christian standard, shouldn't the same standard be applied to the Democrat candidates for President?

Is support for the Democrats contrary to Christian values"?

-YHVH is LORD

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Elijah John wrote:
If support for President Trump is held to a Christian standard, shouldn't the same standard be applied to the Democrat candidates for President?

Any President or candidate should be held to a much higher standard than Christian values. Christian values, being based on the violent God of the Old Testament, are worthless in a society that promotes liberty and justice for all.

Christianity promotes liberty and justice for the few as did the religion it grafted itself on to. What we need is a truly moral leader, political affiliation is irrelevant. Integrity is needed. Feigned righteousness that many Christians fall for isn't what we need.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

bluegreenearth
Guru

Post #5

Post by bluegreenearth »

Elijah John wrote:
bluegreenearth wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Elijah John]
Did you weigh in on the "Is support for Trump contrary to Christian Values?" thread? That one got a lot of responses. So let me rephrase the OP a bit, to make it a converse to Danmarks thread. If the separation of Church and State applies here, it should apply there as well. But remember, this is the Politics and Religion forum, so both topics are appropriate, and should not be subject to dodges as it seems you have done with this one. Yes, in government separation of Church and State is imperative. In a debating forum, such questions are fair game. If support for President Trump is held to a Christian standard, shouldn't the same standard be applied to the Democrat candidates for President?
I have not posted anything to that thread yet. My response to this thread might seem to apply to the question of support for Trump being contrary to Christian values except, in that situation, it is not an issue with a government endorsement of Christianity but an issue of Christianity endorsing a political candidate. Therefore, it doesn't appear to be a 1st Amendment violation.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #6

Post by Elijah John »

Tcg wrote: What we need is a truly moral leader, political affiliation is irrelevant. Integrity is needed.
And do you see any of the Democrat candidates as good "truly moral leaders" or having "integrity"? Or any of the Presidents Republican challengers?

-YHVH is LORD

Tcg
Savant

Post #7

Post by Tcg »

Elijah John wrote:
Tcg wrote: What we need is a truly moral leader, political affiliation is irrelevant. Integrity is needed.
And do you see any of the Democrat candidates as good "truly moral leaders" or having "integrity"? Or any of the Presidents Republican challengers?

Nope. But I don't see that as an excuse to lower our standards to meet Christian standards of liberty and justice for the few.

We should seek to provide liberty and justice for all, or do you disagree?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom