So if science can’t disprove God, what can?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

So if science can’t disprove God, what can?

Post #1

Post by Willum »

Unfortunately we just had a post where someone asked for proof of God’s nonexistence. When several instances were provided, it was repeatedly not refuted, but denied. A repeated unsubstantiated claim.
1. If science can’t used to disprove deities, what can, assuming they don’t exist?
2. If all the authority our respective theists need is their personal opinions to sabotage threads, what is the purpose of discussion?

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #21

Post by Eloi »

I am not a scientist ... It doesn't mean I know nothing of science. ;)

Atheism is one thing, Science is a different thing. Stop playing that game. :tongue:

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #22

Post by Eloi »

Another thing: if I need to know what each atheist or non-theist thinks about each thing so I can post something about what each one think, you should know what each christian believe before generalizing about christians ... exactly the same way. So, don't ask what you don't give.

If you want to play the game: that's not what I believe, I will play the game: I wasn't talking to you.

Tcg
Savant

Post #23

Post by Tcg »

Eloi wrote: Another thing: if I need to know what each atheist or non-theist thinks about each thing so I can post something about what each one think, you should know what each christian believe before generalizing about christians ... exactly the same way.

What you are describing is your penchant for creating straw man arguments. If others do the same, it doesn't justify your use this fallacious argument.

If you intend to address honestly with what an atheist states, address what they actually state. Your chosen method is to assign to atheists what they have never stated and then pretend you have achieved victory by attacking the argument no atheist you are addressing has actually made.

I for one am glad to see you using this fallacious approach as it will help readers recognize the weakness of your arguments.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom