Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #1121

Post by PinSeeker »

tam wrote: Ah, yes, when you are shown to have been wrong, and your only response is to launch a personal attack (made in ignorance).
Yes, that seems to be his modus operandi...

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1122

Post by IaLoaou »

PinSeeker wrote:
IaLoaou wrote: Your analogy is incorrect like it is most of the time...
Sure, and I say that you're understanding is wrong most of the time, this certainly being one.
IaLoaou wrote: I would suggest even though you will not heed it...
Yes, I've long since purposed to refrain from heeding any of your "suggestions," for several reasons.
IaLoaou wrote: ...lean not unto your own understanding because most of the time it is incorrect....
Ah, so, lean on yours, right? LOL! No, thanks. :D
IaLoaou wrote: ...your life is proof of it.
Ah, so you're claiming omnipotence now? Wow. I'll just let that go...

Grace and peace to you, IaLoaou.
I'm not the one giving an interpretation or an analogy uf the written words in the Bible but you are doing it not me therefore you have contradicted yourself again to which you do every day all day long.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1123

Post by IaLoaou »

PinSeeker wrote:
tam wrote: Ah, yes, when you are shown to have been wrong, and your only response is to launch a personal attack (made in ignorance).
Yes, that seems to be his modus operandi...
The children of the devil always accuse me personally attacking them with the truth but like I'm going to tell you it is nothing personal it's just the truth.

I love how the truth always torments the children of the Damned.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1124

Post by IaLoaou »

tam wrote: Peace to you,
IaLoaou wrote:
tam wrote: Peace to you,
PinSeeker wrote:
IaLoaou wrote: Because this Earth is going to be destroyed.
Not according to John in Revelation 21:
  • Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.â€�
We should not understand "passed away" to be synonymous with "destroyed." The Greek word used there is aperchomai, which means the old way of things -- not the thing itself -- will be no more. It means all evils and sufferings and their causes (all sin) will depart. Sorrow and sighing will flee away, in the words of Isaiah (35). Thus, paradise will be fully restored on earth as it is now in heaven.
Also, if it meant that the earth was going to literally be destroyed, then it would have to mean that heaven is going to literally be destroyed.

But this is not the case.

Peace again to you!
Says someone who's life is overwhelmed with bad judgements and errors and who neither knows whether they're coming or going in or out.

Ah, yes, when you are shown to have been wrong, and your only response is to launch a personal attack (made in ignorance).

Is there something in my response that is in error? If not, then what is the problem?

Peace again to you.
I would never waste my valuable precious time on attacking you you're not worth it to me.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #1125

Post by PinSeeker »

IaLoaou wrote: interpretation or an analogy uf the written words in the Bible but you are doing it not me therefore you have contradicted yourself again to which you do every day all day long.
See, if one just throws around accusations and makes declarations without offering any kind of support, they start getting ignored. It's like Peter crying "wolf." Just once, I'd like to hear you try to back up something you say -- anything -- after you've said it. It's really not too much to ask. Just once. But in all the threads you've tried to hijack -- which is just about every one -- I have yet to see any kind of explanation or support of any kind anywhere. Thus the reasonable, rational person would be led to conclude that you can't, not with any sort of credibility, anyway. If this were a real debate, you would get laughed out of the building.

Again, grace and peace to you.

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1126

Post by IaLoaou »

Here you are again with this post contradicting yourself again in this post you're accusing me and doing the same exact thing that you're accusing me of in this post what did Jesus call people like you he had a name for it what did he call you?
PinSeeker wrote:
IaLoaou wrote: interpretation or an analogy uf the written words in the Bible but you are doing it not me therefore you have contradicted yourself again to which you do every day all day long.
See, if one just throws around accusations and makes declarations without offering any kind of support, they start getting ignored. It's like Peter crying "wolf." Just once, I'd like to hear you try to back up something you say -- anything -- after you've said it. It's really not too much to ask. Just once. But in all the threads you've tried to hijack -- which is just about every one -- I have yet to see any kind of explanation or support of any kind anywhere. Thus the reasonable, rational person would be led to conclude that you can't, not with any sort of credibility, anyway. If this were a real debate, you would get laughed out of the building.

Again, grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #1127

Post by PinSeeker »

IaLoaou wrote: Here you are again with this post contradicting yourself again in this post you're accusing me and doing the same exact thing that you're accusing me of in this post what did Jesus call people like you he had a name for it what did he call you?
Other than citing the fact that you've not ever backed anything you've said up with anything other than "I'm right and you're wrong," I accused you of absolutely nothing. Ergo, the fact that, at least in the sense you're insinuating, I'm not a hypocrite.

In addition, there's nothing in that my previous post to contradict, so the assertion that I somehow contradicted myself has no merit whatsoever.

And backing up a little further, I backed up what I said with Scripture -- or at least in my opinion did so. If you can objectively prove me wrong, I would welcome that. This is how erstwhile debate works. Fire away. Or are you just crying wolf again? I have my suspicions... :D

IaLoaou
Banned
Banned

Post #1128

Post by IaLoaou »

PinSeeker wrote:
IaLoaou wrote: Here you are again with this post contradicting yourself again in this post you're accusing me and doing the same exact thing that you're accusing me of in this post what did Jesus call people like you he had a name for it what did he call you?
Other than citing the fact that you've not ever backed anything you've said up with anything other than "I'm right and you're wrong," I accused you of absolutely nothing. Ergo, the fact that, at least in the sense you're insinuating, I'm not a hypocrite.

In addition, there's nothing in that my previous post to contradict, so the assertion that I somehow contradicted myself has no merit whatsoever.

And backing up a little further, I backed up what I said with Scripture -- or at least in my opinion did so. If you can objectively prove me wrong, I would welcome that. This is how erstwhile debate works. Fire away. Or are you just crying wolf again? I have my suspicions... :D
I can prove you wrong every time you are wrong. Which is most of all the time.
But since you have challenged me I accept your challenge but I'm not going to do it for free or or for nothing because I had rather do nothing then do something worth nothing. So tell me what are you willing to put up to back up what you say is the truth. For anyone can make claims without no risk to themselves even the idiots do that do they not so I accept your challenge I will prove you wrong but you have to put up something of value that would merit your challenge and I will match whatever you put up if I agree that what you put up is worth it to me. And God will judge between you and I winner takes all.

Your move.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #1129

Post by PinSeeker »

IaLoaou wrote: I can prove you wrong every time you are wrong.
By just saying I'm wrong? Because that's all you've done to this point. And it's not just me. If you say you can, then do it. You've had several opportunities. I (and others) are waiting...
IaLoaou wrote: ...Which is most of all the time.
In your opinion. Which you've never once backed up with anything other than you're wrong or some kind of irritating and often pointless true/false query.
IaLoaou wrote: But since you have challenged me I accept your challenge...
I wouldn't really call it a "challenge," but just a request, really.
IaLoaou wrote: but I'm not going to do it for free or or for nothing because I had rather do nothing then do something worth nothing. So tell me what are you willing to put up to back up what you say is the truth. For anyone can make claims without no risk to themselves even the idiots do that do they not so I accept your challenge I will prove you wrong but you have to put up something of value that would merit your challenge and I will match whatever you put up if I agree that what you put up is worth it to me. And God will judge between you and I winner takes all.
<eyeroll>
IaLoaou wrote: Your move.
No, it's yours. It's been yours for quite a while now. In multiple threads. Again, I'm waiting.

Grace and peace to you.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #1130

Post by OnceConvinced »

IaLoaou wrote: The children of the devil always accuse me personally attacking them with the truth but like I'm going to tell you it is nothing personal it's just the truth.

I love how the truth always torments the children of the Damned.
IaLoaou wrote: I would never waste my valuable precious time on attacking you you're not worth it to me

:warning: Moderator Warning

Attacks against members like the ones here are not tolerated on this site. Saying it's nothing personal does not make the attacks any more permissiable.

If you wish to remain debating on this site, then you will need to abide by the rules of the forum when it comes to being civil.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World