The pursuit of knowledge and truth, through God, through science, through civil and engaging debate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 125, 126, 127  Next

Reply to topic
onewithhim
First Post
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am  Paradise on Earth Reply with quote

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1121: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:22 pm
Reply

Like this post
PinSeeker wrote:

tam wrote:

Ah, yes, when you are shown to have been wrong, and your only response is to launch a personal attack (made in ignorance).

Yes, that seems to be his modus operandi...

The children of the devil always accuse me personally attacking them with the truth but like I'm going to tell you it is nothing personal it's just the truth.

I love how the truth always torments the children of the Damned.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1122: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 pm
Reply

Like this post
tam wrote:

Peace to you,

IaLoaou wrote:

tam wrote:

Peace to you,

PinSeeker wrote:

IaLoaou wrote:

Because this Earth is going to be destroyed.

Not according to John in Revelation 21:

    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
We should not understand "passed away" to be synonymous with "destroyed." The Greek word used there is aperchomai, which means the old way of things -- not the thing itself -- will be no more. It means all evils and sufferings and their causes (all sin) will depart. Sorrow and sighing will flee away, in the words of Isaiah (35). Thus, paradise will be fully restored on earth as it is now in heaven.


Also, if it meant that the earth was going to literally be destroyed, then it would have to mean that heaven is going to literally be destroyed.


But this is not the case.



Peace again to you!

Says someone who's life is overwhelmed with bad judgements and errors and who neither knows whether they're coming or going in or out.



Ah, yes, when you are shown to have been wrong, and your only response is to launch a personal attack (made in ignorance).


Is there something in my response that is in error? If not, then what is the problem?



Peace again to you.
I would never waste my valuable precious time on attacking you you're not worth it to me.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1123: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:32 pm
Reply

Like this post
IaLoaou wrote:

interpretation or an analogy uf the written words in the Bible but you are doing it not me therefore you have contradicted yourself again to which you do every day all day long.

See, if one just throws around accusations and makes declarations without offering any kind of support, they start getting ignored. It's like Peter crying "wolf." Just once, I'd like to hear you try to back up something you say -- anything -- after you've said it. It's really not too much to ask. Just once. But in all the threads you've tried to hijack -- which is just about every one -- I have yet to see any kind of explanation or support of any kind anywhere. Thus the reasonable, rational person would be led to conclude that you can't, not with any sort of credibility, anyway. If this were a real debate, you would get laughed out of the building.

Again, grace and peace to you.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1124: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:40 pm
Reply

Like this post
Here you are again with this post contradicting yourself again in this post you're accusing me and doing the same exact thing that you're accusing me of in this post what did Jesus call people like you he had a name for it what did he call you?

PinSeeker wrote:

IaLoaou wrote:

interpretation or an analogy uf the written words in the Bible but you are doing it not me therefore you have contradicted yourself again to which you do every day all day long.

See, if one just throws around accusations and makes declarations without offering any kind of support, they start getting ignored. It's like Peter crying "wolf." Just once, I'd like to hear you try to back up something you say -- anything -- after you've said it. It's really not too much to ask. Just once. But in all the threads you've tried to hijack -- which is just about every one -- I have yet to see any kind of explanation or support of any kind anywhere. Thus the reasonable, rational person would be led to conclude that you can't, not with any sort of credibility, anyway. If this were a real debate, you would get laughed out of the building.

Again, grace and peace to you.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1125: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:11 pm
Reply

Like this post
IaLoaou wrote:

Here you are again with this post contradicting yourself again in this post you're accusing me and doing the same exact thing that you're accusing me of in this post what did Jesus call people like you he had a name for it what did he call you?

Other than citing the fact that you've not ever backed anything you've said up with anything other than "I'm right and you're wrong," I accused you of absolutely nothing. Ergo, the fact that, at least in the sense you're insinuating, I'm not a hypocrite.

In addition, there's nothing in that my previous post to contradict, so the assertion that I somehow contradicted myself has no merit whatsoever.

And backing up a little further, I backed up what I said with Scripture -- or at least in my opinion did so. If you can objectively prove me wrong, I would welcome that. This is how erstwhile debate works. Fire away. Or are you just crying wolf again? I have my suspicions... Very Happy

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1126: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:29 pm
Reply

Like this post
PinSeeker wrote:

IaLoaou wrote:

Here you are again with this post contradicting yourself again in this post you're accusing me and doing the same exact thing that you're accusing me of in this post what did Jesus call people like you he had a name for it what did he call you?

Other than citing the fact that you've not ever backed anything you've said up with anything other than "I'm right and you're wrong," I accused you of absolutely nothing. Ergo, the fact that, at least in the sense you're insinuating, I'm not a hypocrite.

In addition, there's nothing in that my previous post to contradict, so the assertion that I somehow contradicted myself has no merit whatsoever.

And backing up a little further, I backed up what I said with Scripture -- or at least in my opinion did so. If you can objectively prove me wrong, I would welcome that. This is how erstwhile debate works. Fire away. Or are you just crying wolf again? I have my suspicions... Very Happy
I can prove you wrong every time you are wrong. Which is most of all the time.
But since you have challenged me I accept your challenge but I'm not going to do it for free or or for nothing because I had rather do nothing then do something worth nothing. So tell me what are you willing to put up to back up what you say is the truth. For anyone can make claims without no risk to themselves even the idiots do that do they not so I accept your challenge I will prove you wrong but you have to put up something of value that would merit your challenge and I will match whatever you put up if I agree that what you put up is worth it to me. And God will judge between you and I winner takes all.

Your move.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1127: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:22 pm
Reply

Like this post (1): Checkpoint
IaLoaou wrote:

I can prove you wrong every time you are wrong.

By just saying I'm wrong? Because that's all you've done to this point. And it's not just me. If you say you can, then do it. You've had several opportunities. I (and others) are waiting...

IaLoaou wrote:

...Which is most of all the time.

In your opinion. Which you've never once backed up with anything other than you're wrong or some kind of irritating and often pointless true/false query.

IaLoaou wrote:

But since you have challenged me I accept your challenge...

I wouldn't really call it a "challenge," but just a request, really.

IaLoaou wrote:

but I'm not going to do it for free or or for nothing because I had rather do nothing then do something worth nothing. So tell me what are you willing to put up to back up what you say is the truth. For anyone can make claims without no risk to themselves even the idiots do that do they not so I accept your challenge I will prove you wrong but you have to put up something of value that would merit your challenge and I will match whatever you put up if I agree that what you put up is worth it to me. And God will judge between you and I winner takes all.

<eyeroll>

IaLoaou wrote:

Your move.

No, it's yours. It's been yours for quite a while now. In multiple threads. Again, I'm waiting.

Grace and peace to you.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1128: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:52 pm
Reply

Like this post
IaLoaou wrote:

The children of the devil always accuse me personally attacking them with the truth but like I'm going to tell you it is nothing personal it's just the truth.

I love how the truth always torments the children of the Damned.


IaLoaou wrote:

I would never waste my valuable precious time on attacking you you're not worth it to me



Warning Moderator Warning


Attacks against members like the ones here are not tolerated on this site. Saying it's nothing personal does not make the attacks any more permissiable.

If you wish to remain debating on this site, then you will need to abide by the rules of the forum when it comes to being civil.

Please review our Rules.

______________

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1129: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:33 pm
Reply

Like this post
OnceConvinced wrote:

IaLoaou wrote:

The children of the devil always accuse me personally attacking them with the truth but like I'm going to tell you it is nothing personal it's just the truth.

I love how the truth always torments the children of the Damned.


IaLoaou wrote:

I would never waste my valuable precious time on attacking you you're not worth it to me

If you bother me in any way whatsoever from this time forth you can kiss all the blessings that God gave to you and anyone connected to you in the flesh goodbye because they will leave you now of course I don't expect you to believe this in fact I don't want you to believe this because if you do anything to bother me with that that I do on here or anyone else you and they will lose your life you will lose your soul and you will lose everything because it will be taken from you in the spirit realm and given to me now I want you to think about this because I want you to know so there won't be no excuse for you in the spirit realm I can come on here anytime I want to and post anything I want to whenever I want to even if you ban me even if you ban me a thousand times but you on the other hand you will lose it all.

Warning Moderator Warning


Attacks against members like the ones here are not tolerated on this site. Saying it's nothing personal does not make the attacks any more permissiable.

If you wish to remain debating on this site, then you will need to abide by the rules of the forum when it comes to being civil.

Please review our Rules.

______________

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1130: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:16 pm
Reply

Like this post (3): OnceConvinced, onewithhim, PinSeeker
Peace to you,


I realize that OC is probably not concerned about what the above member said to him. But I also know it can be disturbing for some people to have curses (or even potential curses) thrown at them. So just in case, here is a reminder of what Christ said those who will listen to Him must do:


But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.




(Not that OC did anything wrong in simply doing his job as a moderator)




Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile Visit poster's website 
Display posts from previous:   

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 125, 126, 127  Next

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

 




On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Igloo   |  Lo-Fi Version