For the love of the pursuit of knowledge

Moderator: Moderators

Waterfall
Scholar

How can we build a better world?

Post #1

Post by Waterfall »

I have come across this human being that I would like to support:

What a great man. And he can dance to ;-)

We should remember that we only have him here for a short while. That goes (of course) for everybody. Fortunately we now have the internet, so lets listen to what he has to say:

What would you ask him about?

And just to be clear...I am not saying he knows everything (or is right about everything). But he has a very sharp mind. There is just something great about him. He has change my life for sure. I have not been God´s best child...this is true and my only confession. Were was he when I was 20 years old? Would I have listen to him? I do not know. Of course he was in India. Building himself up. And now I am pointing to him and saying...this is a great man. Greater than Jesus? Well...I just think they could have had a great conversation about things.

Should you invite him to the USA? You sure could use some help over there. What can I do to help you? I am not a great man, so...

Maybe these two could have a great conversation about things (him and...):

Are we using television the wrong way? Were are all the good conversations? Why all this violence and war and shit?

Hmm...is this the right forum?

Dimmesdale
Sage

Re: How can we build a better world?

Post #31

Post by Dimmesdale »

Waterfall wrote: I have come across this human being that I would like to support:

What a great man. And he can dance to ;-)

We should remember that we only have him here for a short while. That goes (of course) for everybody. Fortunately we now have the internet, so lets listen to what he has to say:

What would you ask him about?

And just to be clear...I am not saying he knows everything (or is right about everything). But he has a very sharp mind. There is just something great about him. He has change my life for sure. I have not been God´s best child...this is true and my only confession. Were was he when I was 20 years old? Would I have listen to him? I do not know. Of course he was in India. Building himself up. And now I am pointing to him and saying...this is a great man. Greater than Jesus? Well...I just think they could have had a great conversation about things.

Should you invite him to the USA? You sure could use some help over there. What can I do to help you? I am not a great man, so...

Maybe these two could have a great conversation about things (him and...):

Are we using television the wrong way? Were are all the good conversations? Why all this violence and war and shit?

Hmm...is this the right forum?
I want to say that the answer to modern (or as it were, postmodern) ills, is that of a spiritual solution, as well as a focus on relationships.... But this would not be easy to implement for a variety of reasons.

Many people believe spirituality to be a fraud. That it is inane and useless. Fundamentalist forms of religiosity, or even just plain religiosity, seems more grounded and structured to most Westerners (and perhaps non-Westerners too). But it too is lacking in a way that spirituality is not, IMO. I think we should focus on one's own personal quest for truth; but then again that may run counter to collectively held beliefs and therefore sow division....

Then there are relationships, which are a bit more practical and easier to implement. But in our "me" centered world, this too can be a tall order. Especially in the West, our culture is saturated with envy and striving to be the best, damn all.... This has to change in my opinion, and getting a grasp of who we are, that our inherent value does not depend solely on possessions and material conquests, is something that should be definitely taught. Again though, such ideas are not always easy to implement, especially to the younger generation.....

I think we need to maintain hope above all though. First our thinking has to change, and then other things will follow IMO.