Civil. Respectful. Intelligent. Thoughtful. Challenging.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic
myth-one.com
First Post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:40 pm  Use the 2nd Amendment to Outlaw Assault Weapons Reply with quote


The Second Amendment:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The US militia is the world's best. Yet they cannot protect us from domestic terrorists armed with assault weapons bent on destruction.

That being the case, the people should be ordered to turn over all assault weapons owned by them to the militia immediately!

The militia needs your assault weapons now so that security can be provided to the masses.

It's a national emergency.

That's the purpose and intent of the Second Amendment! Learn to read, Supreme Court!

============================================

Politicians often claim that, "The gun doesn't kill people, the person kills people."

True, but people with an assault rifle can kill many more victims in the same amount of time than a person with a regular rifle.

Duh!

Here's another idea: When the government wanted to restrict smoking, they taxed a pack of cigarettes out of reach of many people.

Do the same for assault weapons -- place an excessive tax on each round of ammunition!

Any comments or questions?
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 21: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:07 pm
Reply
Re: Use the 2nd Amendment to Outlaw Assault Weapons

Like this post
[Replying to post 19 by AgnosticBoy]

Quote:
I appreciate the raw numbers but my point still applies here. Better "standards" would solve this problem. And of course, the benefit of my view is that it also keeps an effective means of self-defense in place so that good people can protect themselves from bad guys. Your view is an unnecessary and EXTREME action, one that I find liberals wanting to put IDEOLOGY (perhaps based on their irrational fear and ignorance of guns) above facts.


What ideology am I guilty of other than common sense? My wife and I both carry on occasion. She's a former police officer trained at a Texas Police Academy and I'm a Marine -- a Past Commandant in the MCL. We are both adherents of the second amendment -- don't give me any of that "EXTREME liberal" BS!

Quote:
You also keep ranting about assault "rifles", when handguns can and have been used in mass shootings. I see little to no difference between a handgun with a large capacity magazine and an AK47 other than the size of the bullet. Besides that, the same number of people can get injured or worse if you have a 30 round handgun vs. a 30 round assault rifle.


Would it make you any happier if I agreed with you that machine hand-guns with high capacity magazines should be included in a ban on assault rifles? Good point -- let's include machine pistols in the ban.

Does it make any sense to you that if these machine type weapons are more difficult to come by, maybe the crazies will become less effective in mowing down people. Other countries have eliminated the easy sources of such weaponry and show remarkably calm statistics in violent shootings. You just don't want your Rambo toy(s) taken away from you!

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 22: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:48 am
Reply
Re: Use the 2nd Amendment to Outlaw Assault Weapons

Like this post
AgnosticBoy wrote:
I appreciate the raw numbers but my point still applies here. Better "standards" would solve this problem.


Quote:
What ideology am I guilty of other than common sense? My wife and I both carry on occasion. She's a former police officer trained at a Texas Police Academy and I'm a Marine -- a Past Commandant in the MCL. We are both adherents of the second amendment -- don't give me any of that "EXTREME liberal" BS!

This did not and does not address his point which was:
"Better "standards" would solve this problem."

Quote:
Would it make you any happier if I agreed with you that machine hand-guns with high capacity magazines should be included in a ban on assault rifles? Good point -- let's include machine pistols in the ban.

Also, did not address his actual point:
"Better "standards" would solve this problem."

Quote:
Does it make any sense to you that if these machine type weapons are more difficult to come by, maybe the crazies will become less effective in mowing down people. Other countries have eliminated the easy sources of such weaponry and show remarkably calm statistics in violent shootings. You just don't want your Rambo toy(s) taken away from you!

Same thing, but now getting emotional it seems.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Display posts from previous:   

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

 




On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Igloo   |  Lo-Fi Version