Welcome!

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

His Name Is John
Site Supporter

Welcome!

Post #1

Post by His Name Is John »

It seems to me, that new members rarely post a introduction thread anymore. As such I am making this thread as a way that new members can say hi, and get to know a couple of people on the forums.

So to all the new members:

First of all, hello! :wave:

Second, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?
“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.�
- G.K. Chesterton

“A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.�
- G.K. Chesterton

07-07-07
Banned
Banned

Introducing Myself

Post #451

Post by 07-07-07 »

I'm a Bible-believing born again follower of Yeshua Ha Mashiach who subscribes to the belief and confidence that we are living in the final days of this sinful age; the signs that Jesus and the prophets spoke of are evident on a daily basis.

I was not born to a Church-going family, though I was baptized as a baby in the catholic church through tradition of my dad's family. After years of sin and unrighteousness, Yeshua (Jesus) miraculously saved me over 11 years ago through the truth found in the Holy Bible.

Deleted

Introducing mrhagerty

Post #452

Post by Deleted »

Hi to all. I'm new to this forum but not to Christian forums in general. I'm passionate about the Christian faith, I'm a teacher who has recently spoken on topics such as 'Postmodernism - What's Happening to Our Youth', 'The War on Truth,' topics on end times, and evolution and intelligent design.

My formal ed was a degree in philosophy in '73 and some post-graduate work at Talbot Seminary. I published a commentary on the four gospels back in 2011.

I'm here to meet folks probing the depths of all things Christianity, to see and learn how folks are engaging Christian faith and the Bible today; and if possible offer any contributions from my background that might help the topics that appear here.

I see this as a two-way street of receiving and giving and look forward to meeting you in print.

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Introducing mrhagerty

Post #453

Post by Clownboat »

[Replying to post 447 by mrhagerty]

Welcome to the forum!
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Atlastitsdone

Post #454

Post by Atlastitsdone »

Hello, debating Apologetics and Atheists I am a new found Christian with my own theology and views on general religion. My foundation derive from traditional Christianity believing in God, the Son, and the Holy spirit - Trinity. Looking for good debates to learn and progress. I'm here - Let's get it hah!

Clownboat
Savant

Post #455

Post by Clownboat »

Atlastitsdone wrote: Hello, debating Apologetics and Atheists I am a new found Christian with my own theology and views on general religion. My foundation derive from traditional Christianity believing in God, the Son, and the Holy spirit - Trinity. Looking for good debates to learn and progress. I'm here - Let's get it hah!
Welcome to the forum!
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

mcc1789

Post #456

Post by mcc1789 »

Hi there.

I'm an atheist who's long been interested in religion and topics related to that. Learning more from others, civil debate and just hearing opinions on things which differ from me are the appeal a forum like this has for me.

Ocram

Post #457

Post by Ocram »

Hi there,
I just happened to stumble onto this forum and read a few of the topics and thought it might be interesting to join in every now and then.
Some years ago I participated in a “Christian� forum which was closed down after declining popularity. My interest back then was about the tension between human free will and God’s sovereignty.
Currently I participate more or less regularly in a secular news blog commenting mainly about global warming from a proper scientific perspective and free speech and tolerance.
I’m also interested in Evolution and question whether the theory can bear the whole weight put on it by various proponents and world views.
I am a Christian but not a literal 7 days or young earth believer. I believe the scientific method is the best we have but realize it’s vulnerable to corruption like any other human endeavor so I believe robust but civil debate and discussion is important.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #458

Post by Clownboat »

Ocram wrote: Hi there,
I just happened to stumble onto this forum and read a few of the topics and thought it might be interesting to join in every now and then.
Some years ago I participated in a “Christian� forum which was closed down after declining popularity. My interest back then was about the tension between human free will and God’s sovereignty.
Currently I participate more or less regularly in a secular news blog commenting mainly about global warming from a proper scientific perspective and free speech and tolerance.
I’m also interested in Evolution and question whether the theory can bear the whole weight put on it by various proponents and world views.
I am a Christian but not a literal 7 days or young earth believer. I believe the scientific method is the best we have but realize it’s vulnerable to corruption like any other human endeavor so I believe robust but civil debate and discussion is important.
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing from you.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #459

Post by Diagoras »

I’m an atheist, but have worked for Christian organisations so have enjoyed civil face to face discussions about beliefs and science in the past.

Outside of work, I’m active in a Not For Profit organisation - to the extent that sitting down for a good debate online is a bit of a luxury, unfortunately!

I’ve seen that this forum has a good mix of views and stays active - so looking forward to joining in as and when I can.

rondonmonson
Student

Re: Welcome!

Post #460

Post by rondonmonson »

[Replying to post 1 by His Name Is John]

Hi all, new member, retired, Christian of 33 years.

I seek to discover all truths, my God knows all truths. So my idea is to learn those truths by asking him to show me His vast knowledge.