Music

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Music

Post #1

Post by Tart »

I love this song, and isnt it true especially in the context on the video?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01vr4woiU5U[/youtube]

These men fraught hard, and suffered... in those words I can even see it reflected in my own life...

Where's our hope, when the pain of our life takes hold of our thoughts? Glory to God...

You know whats i think is more manly then this? The strength to live faithfully in despite our pain and suffering.

User avatar
Tcg
Prodigy
Posts: 4318
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Music

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Tart]

Privileged rock stars singing about what it is like to experience war. Are any of these boys veterans?

How very unimpressive.


Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

User avatar
Tcg
Prodigy
Posts: 4318
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Music

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
You know whats i think is more manly then this? The strength to live faithfully in despite our pain and suffering.

Have you experienced combat? If not, how can you claim to know?


Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Music

Post #4

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
You know whats i think is more manly then this? The strength to live faithfully in despite our pain and suffering.

Have you experienced combat? If not, how can you claim to know?


Tcg
This guy can sing about whatever he wants.. I dont really care if someone wants to act as if they have some kind of special privilege or honer because they fraught in a war... We all fight our own battles anyways.

User avatar
Tcg
Prodigy
Posts: 4318
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Music

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
You know whats i think is more manly then this? The strength to live faithfully in despite our pain and suffering.

Have you experienced combat? If not, how can you claim to know?


Tcg
This guy can sing about whatever he wants.. I dont really care if someone wants to act as if they have some kind of special privilege or honer because they fraught in a war... We all fight our own battles anyways.
Sure he can. He can even pretend to know what combat is like.

You have intentionally changed the subject here. The issue is, if you have never been in combat, you can't compare your struggles with that experience. Your claim to know what is "more manly", can't be taken seriously.


Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

User avatar
Tcg
Prodigy
Posts: 4318
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Music

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

This is why we honor those who show bravery in combat.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOWBw7muH9M[/youtube]

Not many of us ever face anything remotely like this kind of struggle.


Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Overcomer
Guru
Posts: 1147
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:44 am
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Post #7

Post by Overcomer »

The interesting thing about art, music, poetry, etc. is the fact that all of these things can create different emotions in different people and we each see something different in them based on those emotions.

For example, I wrote a poem about loss. One reader was absolutely sure that I was writing out feelings about having a miscarriage. I wasn't. But that's how it spoke to her based on her own experience and ensuing emotions and that's how it touched her deep inside.

Music, for me, is always visual. I see pictures to accompany it. I expect that the creator of the video saw the images of the military and was motivated to do that video. It's certainly a powerful song, one that I have never heard before.. I can understand why someone would put those photos to it. Thanks for sharing it, Tart.

Tart
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Post #8

Post by Tart »

All im saying is that putting honor in service men and women for fighting wars may be misplaced honor... Sure it may be honorable, some may have actually done some good things, and some may have killed innocent people... "i was just following orders"~Nazi Germany

Although when i say some may have killed innocent people. i dont know anyone that is innocent, and that goes for all men, even those who seen combat

User avatar
Tcg
Prodigy
Posts: 4318
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Post #9

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: All im saying is that putting honor in service men and women for fighting wars may be misplaced honor...

Which of course explains why you posted a video dedicated to, "the men and women who have fought and are still fighting for our country." These men and women deserve honor for their willingness to put their lives on the line for others. One need not agree with war to recognize the bravery required to do so.

Of course if one wants to glorify more mundane struggles, it's not hard to ignore this truth.


Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1663
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Post #10

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote: All im saying is that putting honor in service men and women for fighting wars may be misplaced honor...

Which of course explains why you posted a video dedicated to, "the men and women who have fought and are still fighting for our country." These men and women deserve honor for their willingness to put their lives on the line for others. One need not agree with war to recognize the bravery required to do so.

Of course if one wants to glorify more mundane struggles, it's not hard to ignore this truth.


Tcg
Do you think a war crime should be honored? Truly this is something that is not being talked about... I know for fact that crimes of war happened, bad ones...

But in my life, I have a brother in church who fraught, and he doesnt even honor it.. Telling me of stories of him shooting guns blindly into the dark not knowing if those bullets killed anyone, and not even sure why he was firing..

Post Reply