Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

Who has the science of Global Warning?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

And can put in it stupid terms for us?

I am a scientist, i guess.... Civil Engineering, Water Quality Management, is what my two degrees names are... An Associates of Applied Science, and a Bachelors of Science....

Everyone in our world is going crazy about Global Warning, but no one has given me valid science that is understandable to the exact degree of the severity, and the actual science that says so... And dont tell me to go figure it out for myself, you dont even need to respond in that case...

Does anyone know?

This is what i understand... That i dont even understand... Carbon is increasing green house gasses... I guess... And, Al Gore told us we were going to be on fire buy this point... Didnt he?

But honestly, im like a little child... stupid... in the hope of the innocents of life... Yet, people want us to believe in the fall of our planet...

Give me the reasons to care... That is the real question in am looking for... People say they care, becuase they are so damn righteous... And i dont want to live like that... But some people dont care, and im willing to care... But i believe in Faith too... You will not make me unfaithful unless I care... And more so, what good reasons are to be unfaithful, other then actions of my own?

You wont cause me to be unfaithful becuase of the world around me, there is no good reason to care at that point. If the world dies and it is not my fault... Why care? If it is my fault, what can i do? I am not looking to rule people by governmental policy either, i am looking for personal reasons to do anything at all...

Willum
Savant

Post #2

Post by Willum »

Sure, this can be quantified as well.
Consider the very simple case of two "Earths" if you will or the same Earth at two times in its history.

Case one: You have heard, I suppose of the "Snowball Earth." Where the Earth was frozen.
Case two: The tropical Earth without ice at its poles.

Now envision a hypothetical state between each of them, where they are both the same temperature. Both at 0 Celsius.

This gives us a true metric of the degree of "warming." Because of ice, it has only weak and non-equilibrium effects due to temperature, and profound effects due to thermodynamic heat.

So, the science of GW has a powerful, though not comprehensive metric in the amount of glacial and polar ice. It represents the energy or heat - even thermodynamic difference between the states of the Earth with respect to added (or retained) energy.

Another metric is the theorem that energy is shared between available states.
Another thing to know is that cold watery glacial melt flows into the seas. So, initially at least, the preliminary effects of GW (have been) temperate climate cooling.

Good to start?

Now, why care?
People are dying because of the greed of the cause: Fossil fuels. The idiocy of making money by monopolizing the non-science of digging up poisons and burning them so that they are distributed all over the globe... instead of doing the very easy wind solution, and others.

Species are dying as well. We are in a mass extinction. Eventually there will be a classic tipping point where we make the current environment unsustainable for we humans. Not that the Earth will care, but we'll just be another "dinosaur" to what comes after.

Then there is us. Driving an economy with artificial value, which also causes damage is a very foo;ish thing to do.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Tart »

The fall of the planet is not my fault.... I dont think so at least... Unless some how my sins caused the planet to fall, which i ponder...

But driving a more economical car seem almost stupid.. But fine... If that will save the planet, and it wont, then I will probably wont care enough to do it... sue me... But it does sound nice in theory, i guess...

My point is, i dont wont to undermine the goodness of actions that are good... Drive a better car? Fine...

But how about not shoving drugs down our bodies that harm our flesh, that seems like a more important issue. dont it?

Willum
Savant

Post #4

Post by Willum »

[Replying to post 3 by Tart]

I am glad, at least, I answered your questions, and I am very pleased you found them satisfactory.
Kind regards,

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Who has the science of Global Warning?

Post #5

Post by Clownboat »

Tart wrote: And can put in it stupid terms for us?

I am a scientist, i guess.... Civil Engineering, Water Quality Management, is what my two degrees names are... An Associates of Applied Science, and a Bachelors of Science....

Everyone in our world is going crazy about Global Warning, but no one has given me valid science that is understandable to the exact degree of the severity, and the actual science that says so... And dont tell me to go figure it out for myself, you dont even need to respond in that case...

Does anyone know?

This is what i understand... That i dont even understand... Carbon is increasing green house gasses... I guess... And, Al Gore told us we were going to be on fire buy this point... Didnt he?

But honestly, im like a little child... stupid... in the hope of the innocents of life... Yet, people want us to believe in the fall of our planet...

Give me the reasons to care... That is the real question in am looking for... People say they care, becuase they are so damn righteous... And i dont want to live like that... But some people dont care, and im willing to care... But i believe in Faith too... You will not make me unfaithful unless I care... And more so, what good reasons are to be unfaithful, other then actions of my own?

You wont cause me to be unfaithful becuase of the world around me, there is no good reason to care at that point. If the world dies and it is not my fault... Why care? If it is my fault, what can i do? I am not looking to rule people by governmental policy either, i am looking for personal reasons to do anything at all...
Why care?
Do unto others...
Would you prefer to be handed a healthy planet by those that have come before you? If so, then perhaps you should care about the condition of the planet you will be handing down.

This should satisfy your personal reason for being responsible with our environment.

Or as others might say: "Think of the children"
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Tart »

Clownboat wrote:
Tart wrote: And can put in it stupid terms for us?

Does anyone know?

Why care?
Do unto others...
Would you prefer to be handed a healthy planet by those that have come before you? If so, then perhaps you should care about the condition of the planet you will be handing down.

This should satisfy your personal reason for being responsible with our environment.

Or as others might say: "Think of the children"
Ya in theory... but screw theory... Im not handing the planet to anyone... I did nothing to control the planets global warming... It seems so stupid anyways "lets all unite and try to save our planet"... and is that happening? No... it seems like for me, id rather live faithfully, then buy a hybrid-car like some weirdo that thinks that does anything at all... And in fact, perhaps uniting and saving our world is being saved by Christ anyways?

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Athetotheist »

Who has the science of global warming?

Here you go:

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Menotu
Sage

Post #8

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

I guess you don't have to care about it at all. It's up to you to care.
Why care about anything?
If you can't see any reason to care, no science or evidence is going to help with that, I'd suspect.
Besides, if you really wanted to know I would think you'd look somewhere else - not in an online, religious debate forum. :D
No offense to this site's creator, but any forum that debates a belief system is not a place to come for cold, hard, facts (if that's indeed what you're looking for).

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Aetixintro »

Athetotheist wrote: Who has the science of global warming?

Here you go:

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
And more to go with this, implying temperature-CO2 correlation with lagging in time:
https://www.co2.earth/show-co2

But there is hope: atmospheric restoration by "washing" the air, geothermal energy supply for non-CO2 energy source and general ecological products that produce little or no pollution. Thus: Global Climate Change is not a huge problem as such.

:study: 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #10

Post by myth-one.com »

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/dec ... er-machine

If an animal or child is locked in a car on a hot sunny day, they will very likely die from the cheat.

What happened?

Sunlight travels through the glass, hits something inside the car and is transformed from light energy to heat energy. Heat energy cannot quickly exit the glass from which it entered as light energy. Thus the temperature inside the car quickly rises until it is uninhabitable.

Something similar has been occurring on the earth since the industrial revolution began in about 1850.

What is needed for earthly disaster is an atmosphere which light easily travels through, the earth which light hits and turns into heat, and an element in the air which heat does not easily travel through.

These three items are equivalent to the car experiment which is 100% repeatable.

===================================================

It should be a given that sunlight travels through our atmosphere and turns into heat when it hits the earth.

In the car example, the heat was trapped by the glass.

What could be contained in our atmosphere which could act as a blanket to trap heat on the earth?

Our atmosphere contains mostly nitrogen and oxygen. Other gasses are there in trace amounts.

===================================================

Let's design an experiment with a section of pipe (5-10 feet long) with a heat source under the left end of the pipe and a thermometer sealed in the right end of the pipe. The pipe must be designed so that it can be filled with different gases which are to be tested.

The different component gases within our atmosphere can be individually isolated and
loaded into the pipe.

Turn the heater on and start a timer. The gas in the pipe will heat up at the left end and travel through the trapped gas to eventually reach the thermometer at the other end of the pipe.

The theory is that the heat transfer coefficient of the various components of our atmosphere are different.

If that is the case, then the time required for the thermometer to reach a certain temperature, or the temperature reached after a certain amount of time (your choice) will vary.

The longer the time, the more resistant to heat transfer of the gas being tested.

Gases such as methane, CO2, and water vapor will be shown to be the gases which restrict or trap heat.

=================================================

So what?