Jesus' plan of salvation.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Jesus' plan of salvation.

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

25And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?� 26And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?� 27And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.� 28And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE.�
Luke 10.25-28

And this.

Matthew 19.17b
17............... but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.�
Matthew 7.21
"Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord!' will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven. ...
And what is the will of our Heavenly Father? Is it not expressed in the "Law and the Prophets"?

And what is the "Law and the Prophets"?

According to Jesus, simply this:
36“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?� 37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.�
Or, to simplify even further:

Matthew 7.12
12“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Notice the following.

The Synoptic Jesus does not mention the necessity of being "bloodwashed", or belief in the blood in order to be saved.

Paul does.

The Synpoptic Jesus celebrates the Law as a way to salvation.

Paul, by contrast, considers those who attempt to follow the Law to salvation, accursed.

The Synoptic Jesus does not claim to be the "only way" to God in these passages. The Johannine Jesus does.

For debate...Why don't John and Paul teach the same "plan of salvation" as does the Jesus of the Synoptics?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #101

Post by myth-one.com »

PinSeeker wrote:At the second death, all who have lived in rebellion to God will enter a spirit state characterized by pains, trouble, and sorrow (Psa. 116:3).
Then they are not yet dead.

PinSeeker
Banned
Banned

Post #102

Post by PinSeeker »

myth-one.com wrote:
PinSeeker wrote:At the second death, all who have lived in rebellion to God will enter a spirit state characterized by pains, trouble, and sorrow (Psa. 116:3).
All men, though physically alive (and conscious) are dead in sin from birth. The question is only whether they will remain in that state (dead, but conscious) forever or not. Those who do not repent and believe remain in that state forever, but the difference is that God removes all grace and only judgment remains. This is the spirit state characterized by pains, trouble, and sorrow, as Psalm 116 puts it, and is the second death.

Grace and peace to you.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #103

Post by myth-one.com »

PinSeeker wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
All men, though physically alive (and conscious) are dead in sin from birth. The question is only whether they will remain in that state (dead, but conscious) forever or not. Those who do not repent and believe remain in that state forever, but the difference is that God removes all grace and only judgment remains. This is the spirit state characterized by pains, trouble, and sorrow, as Psalm 116 puts it, and is the second death.

Grace and peace to you.
I dunno, some newborns look so cute and innocent.

If one should die as an infant, they face the second death.

It sounds so unfair.