WOULD YOU TAKE THIS DEAL?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

WOULD YOU TAKE THIS DEAL?

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Lets say you had a terminal illness. And you suffered the aches and pains of it. Then i came and told you i had a deal to offer you.. That you could live forever ...never die... never get sick... never grow old. But there is one catch. You have to endure five or six hours of excrutiating pain before you die. After which you spend three days in paradise. After that you are alive forever.

WOULD YOU TAKE THAT DEAL?
I would

Only a fool would turn down a deal like this.

JESUS SACRIFICED? WHAT DID HE SACRIFICE?
HE GOT THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME

Tcg
Savant

Re: WOULD YOU TAKE THIS DEAL?

Post #11

Post by Tcg »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 8 by brianbbs67]

Jesus said "The Law and the Prophets were until John" so the preaching of Jesus and John the baptist things signaled the start of a change to people relationship to God. The pharisees and those like them cling to the old because the dont appreciate the new.

JW
Your claim is incomprehensible. In any case, this is what was reportedly said:
  • Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it. 17 It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.
In spite of your rather confusing claim, verse 17 details the fact that the Law is in effect until heaven and earth disappear. Given that JWs believe that neither heaven nor earth will disappear, they must accept that the Law will perpetually be in effect.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #12

Post by brianbbs67 »

Avoice wrote: [Replying to post 8 by brianbbs67]

Enter Greece. Enter Rome. Haaaaaa

Yeah, here comes the God with three heads. One head mankind has the power to kill.

Christianity is not based on Torah. Not even about what Jesus taught. Its Pauline doctrine. They obey some guy from Tarsus who died 2000 years ago. You get to eat bacon and not feel like a shmuk.
Yes I eat bacon, but its beef or lamb. Christians should base their beliefs upon Torah for that is truth. That was Joshua's(Jesus ) whole message. Get rid of tradition which negated the law. He never called for an end or said it was negated/ended. Even after death...

Menotu
Sage

Post #13

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 6 by Avoice]
You are goings to die.
Yeah
God offers you a deal:

Intriguing.... hope the odds are good (I was never good at gambling)
Suffer a few hours of excrutiating pain.
Not good
In exchange you spend three days in paradise.
Better better....
After that you live forever.
Hmmm.....not sure about that one. guess it depends on where you're living during this 'forever'. Who are your neighbors? Can you do whatever you want or do you have to placate a supreme being for, well...ever?
How is that a sacrIfice?
Not sure it is but I guess it depends on where and with whom you spend eternity
You won the lottery of a lifetime.
More like for an eternity...
You will have what we all desire: ETERNAL LIFE.
Do we?
JESUS DIDN'T LOSE ANYTHING. just the opposite: He got everything. He sacrificed nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G
Ok....... :?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #14

Post by 2timothy316 »

Avoice wrote: [Replying to post 4 by 2timothy316]

Better reread your bible.

Jesus didn't cone to do HIS will. And the words he speaks are NOT his.
He didn't come because HE wanted to come.
I read my Bible daily.

"But for the world to know that I love the Father, I am doing just as the Father has commanded me to do." (John 14:31)

"The things I was fond of were with the sons of men.� (Prov. 8:30, 31)

"No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends." John 15:13

“For God loved the world" John 3:16

“He that has seen me has seen the Father also.� (John 14:5-9)

These are the reasons Jesus came to Earth. Along with his love for his Father, John 15:13 says that Jesus died because he loves his friends and showed his love for both Father and friend through his death. So, "He didn't come because HE wanted to come." is scripturally false. Jesus is like his Father Jehovah, they both love mankind and both voluteered to save mankind. Neither one had to do anything. Never is Jesus said to have been unwilling but always willing.

Avoice
Guru

Post #15

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 10 by JehovahsWitness]

Appreciate the new? Two questions:
Why do you like the new?
Whats wrong with the 'old?'

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Eloi »

[Replying to Avoice]
Interestingly modern Jews has nothing to do with the new nor with the old, since they don't have temple, priesthood, they don't have the genealogies, they can't redistribute the land to their original families, they don't have prophets speaking in the name of God (since more than 4 centuries before Jesus was born), they don't have a davidic King, they don't follow the whole Law of Moses, and so.

So, tell me Avoice: how is it being a modern Jew?