What is 'the father' about? What does he teach?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Avoice
Under Probation
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 am
Location: USA / ISRAEL

What is 'the father' about? What does he teach?

Post by Avoice »

Christians quote Jesus up and down but what about the head they call the father? They never quote the God of Israel from the Hebrew scriptures unless they can twist it into being about Jesus .

The following verse spoken by Simon Peter tells us why Christians believe in Jesus. And it tells us that the father means nothing to them. Go where peter asks. How about listening to the father? No because Christianity is only about Jesus. Its not about God. They need a god they can see and touch that is like them.


“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. "
~ Simon Peter to Jesus

HOW ABOUT THE OTHER HEAD OF YOUR THREE HEADED GOD? GO LISTEN TO HIM

User avatar
1213
Savant
Posts: 7501
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: What is 'the father' about? What does he teach?

Post by 1213 »

Avoice wrote: ...
HOW ABOUT THE OTHER HEAD OF YOUR THREE HEADED GOD? GO LISTEN TO HIM
Jesus said he speaks what God has commanded him to speak. That is why, if we listen Jesus, we listen also God.

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."
John 12:49-50

And Jesus seems to confirm everything God has told before.

User avatar
Divine Insight
Savant
Posts: 18080
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Here & Now

Re: What is 'the father' about? What does he teach?

Post by Divine Insight »

1213 wrote: And Jesus seems to confirm everything God has told before.
This isn't even remotely close to being true.

Moreover, even if we were to assume that it was true, then all you are saying here is that you don't need Jesus at all since Yahweh has already told you everything you need to know in the Old Testament.

Finally, if what you say is true that Jesus taught nothing new but only confirmed everything God had told before, then this would make Jesus redundant and even irrelevant.

It would also suggest that this God of the Bible was so lame that even he was so convinced that he had failed to convey a clear message to his created humans that he felt the need to have Jesus come to earth and clarify what he (the original God) had failed to make clear.

In Christianity, this is not only a problem with Jesus and Yahweh, but it's also a problem with Jesus a Paul. Why would it be necessary for God to have Paul reiterate everything that Jesus had supposedly taught? All that would imply is that Jesus also failed to teach a clear message and had to have Paul come after him to clean up the incoherent mess that Jesus left behind.

Nothing makes sense in Christianity. It has to be the most absurd theology on Earth.

Both Judaism and Islam actually make more sense than Christianity since they don't have their God failing to get his message right the first time. Christianity requires that Yahweh was a terrible communicator.

Of course, I would agree with Christianity on that point. The God of the Old Testament was indeed an extreme failure in terms of making anything clear. So both Judaism and Islam were already absurd theologies even without Christianity.

None the less, the idea that Jesus was required to clean up the mess cannot hold theological water. Because, if that were the case, then all this does is proclaim that the original God was a complete inept idiot. And that's not going to hold up as a viable theology.

So Christianity has no prayer in hell of being true. And, of course, the same is true of Judaism and Islam as well. All of these Abrahamic religions are failed theologies to be sure.

What? Why do so many people believe in them then? :-k

Well, that's a terrible argument because just as many (if not more) of the world's population believe in Islam over Christianity anyway. So an argument by popularity hardly stands up to logical critique.

Besides, popular cultural beliefs have never been an indication of any truth.

Why are their so many strong theists?

Because unfortunately tribalism is a very strong human instinct and hating on other groups in the name of God is the most powerful expression of tribal hatred. So using God to hate on outsiders of the clan has become a powerful historical pastime. It's been going on for centuries and continues to this very day, unfortunately.

When a Christians says, "Jesus loves you", they really mean, "God hates your guts unless you become a Christian". This is what "Jesus loves you" actually means. It's an expression of ultimate tribal hatred. Same is true of "Allah loves you" too of course. The whole Abrahamic shebang is the antithesis of Mr. Rogers. Christians actually preach "Hate thy neighbor", all the while they claim that Jesus taught them to love theirs. To bad they don't take his advice.

This entire Abrahamic religious mythological theology is nothing short of disgusting.

The Abrahamic theists can't seem to hate each other enough. All in the name of their "God". Be it Jesus, Yahweh, or Allah.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Avoice
Under Probation
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 am
Location: USA / ISRAEL

Re: What is 'the father' about? What does he teach?

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 2 by 1213]

Does the words Jesus speak sound like the God if what you call the old testament?

And if jesus doesn't speak words of his own then how can you say you know Jesus?

Overcomer
Guru
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:44 am
Location: Canada

Post by Overcomer »

Avoice wrote:
Christians quote Jesus up and down but what about the head they call the father? They never quote the God of Israel from the Hebrew scriptures unless they can twist it into being about Jesus .

The following verse spoken by Simon Peter tells us why Christians believe in Jesus. And it tells us that the father means nothing to them. Go where peter asks. How about listening to the father? No because Christianity is only about Jesus. Its not about God. They need a god they can see and touch that is like them.
This is another straw man argument from you in which you state what Christians think and believe -- when it isn't what we think and believe at all!

I love and revere God the Father as much as I love and revere God the Son and God the Spirit. You are the one who insults God by calling him "three-headed" when he is three-personed, that is, one God existing in three persons. I pray to God the Father in the name of God the Son in the power of God the Spirit. And I appreciate the Old Testament and consider it as valid and valuable as the New. The same can be said of other born-again, Spirit-filled believers.

Do you really think it's God's will to hate and vilify Christians as you seem to do?

Avoice
Under Probation
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 am
Location: USA / ISRAEL

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 5 by Overcomer]

And just how do you revere him? In what way?

User avatar
Divine Insight
Savant
Posts: 18080
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Here & Now

Post by Divine Insight »

Overcomer wrote: Do you really think it's God's will to hate and vilify Christians as you seem to do?
Why not? Christians certainly appear to believe that God hates and vilifies non-Christians?

These religions were designed by men specifically to use their imaginary Gods to hate on other tribes that don't believe in their Gods. After all, did God love the Canaanites? Apparently not. Why not? Because the Jews vilified the Canaanites using the God of their religion, that's why.

It's the same way with Christianity. If a Christian finds out that someone is worshiping the Moon Goddess of Wicca they proclaim that the person is worshiping Satan.

These religions are designed to be used to hate on those who don't agree with them.

So the Christians are actually using Jesus to hate on non-Christians. In fact, they even use Jesus to hate on other Christians whom they theologically disagree with.

For example, there's no love lost between a Jehovah's Witness and a Catholic. They hate each other in the name of the SAME GOD. Maybe not individual persons who have fallen for these religions, but theologically speaking they have no choice but to view each other as having "rejected God" and chosen to go against God. And that itself is a very hateful insinuation. Yet it's an insinuation they have no choice but to believe since this is what their theologies have taught them to believe.

Christians have made very hateful insinuations toward me simply because I don't believe in Hebrew mythology or the idea that Jesus was the demigod Son of some angry jealous God who thinks that having himself crucified on a pole is somehow a good idea. :roll:
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Elijah John
Savant
Posts: 12113
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 pm
Location: New England

Re: What is 'the father' about? What does he teach?

Post by Elijah John »

Avoice wrote: Christians quote Jesus up and down but what about the head they call the father? They never quote the God of Israel from the Hebrew scriptures unless they can twist it into being about Jesus .

The following verse spoken by Simon Peter tells us why Christians believe in Jesus. And it tells us that the father means nothing to them. Go where peter asks. How about listening to the father? No because Christianity is only about Jesus. Its not about God. They need a god they can see and touch that is like them.


“Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. "
~ Simon Peter to Jesus

HOW ABOUT THE OTHER HEAD OF YOUR THREE HEADED GOD? GO LISTEN TO HIM
Excellent points. It is noteworthy that the vast majority of hymns are about Jesus. The Father and the Holy Spirit are seldom the subject of sacred music. And that is telling. Music is a heart thing, an emotional measure of devotion.

Jesus-worship is really a case of hero-worship. I doubt Jesus asked for any of this.

It seems that in Christianity as we know it today, the Father is only really given lip service. I doubt Jesus wanted it that way, given the LORD's prayer, the Sermon on the Mount, and the Parables.

I purchased an excellent book from a local Jewish book store. You Take Jesus, I'll Take God. and subtitled "how to refute Christian missionaries". The title says it all.

Deist Thomas Paine would agree, regarding Christianity, as he stated in The Age of Reason: "instead of God, a man is preached". Indeed.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Post Reply