Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Tart
Banned
Banned

What would Jesus do?

Post #1

Post by Tart »

Subject for debate, if Jesus was here today, would he go around claiming to love Jesus?

Tcg
Savant

Re: What would Jesus do?

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote: Subject for debate, if Jesus was here today, would he go around claiming to love Jesus?
Given that he isn't here today, how can one know?

If he ever bothers to show up, I'd suspect he'd be most apologetic for his extreme tardiness.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote: Subject for debate, if Jesus was here today, would he go around claiming to love Jesus?

If he ever bothers to show up, I'd suspect he'd be most apologetic for his extreme tardiness.

Tcg
He better be... our saving grace taking His sweet time... were dying here Jesus! As hes eating some cake in the sky

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:

Tcg
He better be... our saving grace taking His sweet time... were dying here Jesus! As hes eating some cake in the sky

No need to be dying here. Simply build a positive life that doesn't require passive reliance on a mythological being.

There is no sign of Jesus returning, but there are many healthy options for creating a life based on one's natural strengths and talents. Stop waiting for Jesus and learn to trust Tart.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Avoice
Guru

Post #5

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to post 1 by Tart]

He wouldnt have been in church today. He would have been with his fellow Jews at a synagogue yesterday. And he would have said this:

שְ�מַע יִשְׂרָ�ֵל יְהוָה �ֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה �ֶחָֽד
Shema Yisrael Adonai eloheynu Adonai echad

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Tart »

Avoice wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Tart]

He wouldnt have been in church today. He would have been with his fellow Jews at a synagogue yesterday. And he would have said this:

Ill try to take a crack at translation here... "all you Americans got it wrong"

no?

I blame the football personally...
Last edited by Tart on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Tart »

Tcg wrote:
Tart wrote:
Tcg wrote:

Tcg

No need to be dying here. Simply build a positive life that doesn't require passive reliance on a mythological being.

There is no sign of Jesus returning, but there are many healthy options for creating a life based on one's natural strengths and talents. Stop waiting for Jesus and learn to trust Tart.

Tcg
I actually kind of agree with you Tcg... Im not going to throw out a spirit that projects to building a positive life... The problems come in when life's goodness becomes tainted... When you are steered into directions that can pull you away from building a positive life... Like a man blown by the wind... I think Jesus is the anchor for establishing direction...

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Tart »

To sum up my thoughts on this subject. Im not sure if Jesus would go around claiming to love Jesus, assuming they wouldn't be the same person, but a representation... Let's call the sinless Messiah in our time Joe...

Maybe Joe would embody the representation of Christ, though would he go around saying "i love Jesus"??? Idk.. i have met plenty of people who say that, that are pretty big sinners myself...

Willum
Savant

Post #9

Post by Willum »

Well, if he showed up in the Holy Land, we know exactly what would happen to him.

"Ha! we didn't believe you the first time! Straight meet jacket."

Would he go around claiming to love Jesus?
That makes no sense.

I don't think he'd fare better anywhere else.
The only prophets we have today definitively show they can't do miracles. It saves them from a straight jacket.

Mithrae
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by Mithrae »

Tart wrote:
Avoice wrote: He wouldnt have been in church today. He would have been with his fellow Jews at a synagogue yesterday. And he would have said this:

Ill try to take a crack at translation here... "all you Americans got it wrong"

no?

I blame the football personally...
You gave me a LOL :) Pretty sure they're the first words of the Shema recitation from Deuteronomy 6, "Hear oh Israel, the Lord your God, the Lord is one."